Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 No network Access issues

Author V800 No network Access issues
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-26 09:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
and which phone is that?

and where in the netherlands are you anyway?
skearon
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-05-26 18:49
Have narrowed down the problem

If I am in a good 3G reception area, phone works fine, in bad area or just 2G, either No Access to Network, or failed and dropped calls all the time

2G SIM works fine in phone in same area, my SIM works fine in Motorola A920 3G phone and 2G phones!

Still waiting on Vodafone Ireland to get back to me
avetrash
V800
PM
Posted: 2005-05-27 13:15
Quote:

On 2005-05-26 09:28:07, Vlammetje wrote:
and which phone is that?

and where in the netherlands are you anyway?

I live in Bergen op zoom and have a v800. I tested the it yesterday when driving home from my work (1/2 hour) and lost connection severaql times. To me it also seems that i have better reception when on a 3g network.
skearon
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-05-27 19:02
Just to let you know, dropped my phone into Vodafone's repair centre in Dublin this morning, they rang me an hour later to say they have to send it away to Sony for repair/replacement, which will take 7 to 10 days and NO replacement V800 until I get mine back.

Not a firmware issue but hardware, if others are also suffering from this problem, perhaps there is a problem wth the phone's hardware?

I tried two Vodafone firmwares and two Z800i firmwares on my phone, but the problem persisted.
campbellnz
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-30 04:00
Quote:

On 2005-05-27 19:02:20, skearon wrote:
Just to let you know, dropped my phone into Vodafone's repair centre in Dublin this morning, they rang me an hour later to say they have to send it away to Sony for repair/replacement, which will take 7 to 10 days and NO replacement V800 until I get mine back.

Not a firmware issue but hardware, if others are also suffering from this problem, perhaps there is a problem wth the phone's hardware?

I tried two Vodafone firmwares and two Z800i firmwares on my phone, but the problem persisted.

When you get your phone back or a new phone as a replacement can you get a job sheet from Sony Ericsson to state what the problem was. This way when I take my phone in I will be able to tell them exactly what the problem is. It may also prove that Sony Ericsson have some liability with regards to this issue everyone is having.
campbellnz
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-07-02 02:09
Hey guys I have spent the past 2 days doing a bunch of searching and reading from the internet and the conclusion I have come to is that the RF modulator on our phones is faulty. My phone will only work when I have a full strength signal from the cell site. In the car when moving between cell sites it can also drop the calls. There is no other possible way to explain why our phones work some times and not others. My phone is a V802 SE that has been flashed to the latest firmware Z800. The problem existed before flashing so it is not firmware related. If anyone has access to a V800/Z800 service manual I would be willing to pull my phone apart as it is currently useless and a warranty claim is not possible outside of Japan for me.
skearon
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-04 19:52
Quote:
When you get your phone back or a new phone as a replacement can you get a job sheet from Sony Ericsson to state what the problem was. This way when I take my phone in I will be able to tell them exactly what the problem is. It may also prove that Sony Ericsson have some liability with regards to this issue everyone is having.

Job sheet only had "drops calls" and "replaced"

Replacement arrived 3 weeks after dropping in my phone to the repair centre! Has been working fine since
campbellnz
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-07-06 12:57
Oh well as my phone is no longer covered by warranty I guess I am stuffed. Sony Ericsson won't be interested in fixing it for me I'm sure. I did pull my phone apart though and you can read the results here http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=96855 .
squarejp
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-07-20 08:01
Hi. I've got the Z800i in South AFrica on the MTN network and my phone is doing exactly the same. Bad signal when flip closed and better signal when only chose GPRS and not 3g. Going to take it in today en kick some @ss. Can't beleive that I always have to go through things like this when I get the a new phone.
kofranks
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-09-02 03:05
I just experienced the same problem with my V800 flashed to Z800 firmware. I got the "no access to network" together with a weird phone icon with a bar across it. There is still no 3G technology in my country so I don't think that causes the problem. This is my second V800 unit after I had my first one replaced because of a problem with the external screen. I just decided to let go of the V800 and just got a K750i instead. I may just get a Z800i if I decide to get a clamshell phone again.
vandereems
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-07 14:33
I have a V800 in South Africa on the Vodacom network. It sometimes gave me a "no network" or a "emergency calls only" message, depending on whether the phone can see no network, or other networks.

The phone has handed in at SE for repair, and they said it was fixed. They said that they replaced the coax cable. I assume that the coax cable connects the RF circuitry to the aerial.
vandereems
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-08 14:13
I received my V800 back today from SE. According to the job card, they replaced the coax cable (part no. RPM113357).

The phone works fine now.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi