Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Here's how to open the housing of the V800 (Lots of Pictures)

123  Next
Author Here's how to open the housing of the V800 (Lots of Pictures)
campbellnz
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-07-03 05:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
You will need something very thin and made of plastic to slide between the faceplate and the housing. I used some little tools bought off ebay for opening the T610. A long fingernail might even work (thanks to jcwhite_uk). I would not recommend using any metal tools as you might scratch the cover. A thin plastic prepaid calling card might also do the trick. Dont be afraid to use a little force as the faceplate has some flexability for lifting up the edges.

There are 6 plastic clips holding on the faceplate. 2 on each side and 2 on the end. I have circled them for you to see and also where they clip into the housing.

Once the faceplate is removed you can see part of the antenna and the first 2 of the T6 screws. Remove the screws with a T6 screw driver.

Now you need to open the handset so you can see the 1.3 Megapixels sticker below the main screen of the phone. You will need to have a very sharp craft knife to slide underneath the sticker and remove it. Once removed you can see the last 2 of the T6 screws. Remove the screws.

The last obstacle is separating the internal and external housing of the phone. There are 5 little clips holding them together. 2 on each side and 1 on the end as cirlced in the picture. A small flat head screw driver (like the ones used to tighten reading glasses) may be needed to get this open.

Once this is unclipped just fully open the handset then remove the internal part of the housing. Almost completely close the hanset to remove the external housing. Just be careful of your antenna when doing this.

Now you have access to the screens if you need to replace them. I will do another guide to opening the keypad part of the phone later.

If you are after parts for your V800 and you can read German try this site as they have everything.

http://www.handytreff.biz/cgi[....]b2=ERICSSON,V+800,-Ersatzteile

Just some additional pictures that I thought somebody might like to see.

The lower housing was a bit more difficult as the clips were a little uncooperative. Again there are six clips. But first you must remove the last 4 of the T6 screws. 2 under the battery cover and 2 externally exposed screws just above the battery bay.

Now you are faced with unclipping the inner and out parts of the housing. I again used the little plastic tools for the T610 that I have to release the 4 clips on the left and right sides of the housing.

To get the clips on the black hinge part to release I had to push inward with my finger where the clips are so that they were almost unclipped and then I used the tiny flat head screw driver lift the clip the last little bit. Once you have done this on both sides you can remove the housing.

The camera connector is on the left and the LCDs connector is on the right at the top of the main circuit board. The keypad PCB is connected at the bottom. These connectors can all be unclipped by gently lifting them up from the edges. The white antenna cable connects to the main circuit board just above the LCD connector but hidden from view by the silver ribbon cable.

Here are the parts all disconnected.

I managed to pry off one of the metal covers on the main circuit board and found what I believe to be the RF modulator made by SKYWORKS (http://www.skyworksinc.com/). This must be the little **** that is causing so many of us problems. Maybe we should start writing to them to fix our problems.

Closer image.

If there are any electrical enginees out there here is the Data Sheet for the chip http://www.skyworksinc.com/products_detailpop2.asp?pid=1699 . The 2 silver like chips on the right look like they can be lifted out of the main board connectors they sit in. Might try that later.

Another image for you. I used a toothpick to hold the battery in place and you can see the white antenna cable too.

[ This Message was edited by: campbellnz on 2005-07-05 15:41 ]
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-03 10:06
Cheers. That is really useful. I have taken the top black cover off of mine to loose the vodafone logo and found that it can be easily removed just using your finger nails.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-05 15:38
Thanks very much for that...its a very usefull guide and very helpfull.

Cheers! [addsig]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-05 15:38

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-07-05 16:08 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-05 15:40

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-07-05 16:04 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-05 15:58

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-07-05 16:05 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-05 16:31

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-07-05 16:07 ]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-05 16:34
scotsboyuk leave the poor boy alone you old bully! [addsig]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-05 16:40
Sony Ericsson don't seem to be as interested in fascias as Nokia, but a few more for the Z800 would have been nice.

I particuarly like the 'champagne' one.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-07-05 15:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-07-05 16:09 ]
campbellnz
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-07-05 16:48
Well I deleted my comments. They were usless to this thread really.

Have a nice day.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-05 16:54
@campbellnz

Check your pm.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
vanquish
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-05 17:03
Scots! Stop telling everyone off

v good review! fantastic, campellnz, people were so amazed at it that they didnt have time to reply!

its really good, well done [addsig]
godmitch
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-07-12 11:01
my little white antenna cable has bust anyone know where i can get a replacement
djpowelly
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-12 14:23
If its a weire, just get a bit of multi/single core?
djpowelly
Volfeed
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-07-31 02:53
I also had the same problem..

Anyway, found in a forum that someone has got his phone fixed. Seems like the antenna cable was the culprit.

http://secentral.net/forum/index.php?topic=8427.0

If you are able to change the cable would you tell us the results?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi