Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > Esato Forum Suggestion -Yellow Card - Red Card

Previous  1234  Next
Author Esato Forum Suggestion -Yellow Card - Red Card
kinc
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2004-07-09 00:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Can you give a genuine red card offence
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-09 00:38
@masseur would miss the locks when the cards will be instead of them...

This message was posted from a T630

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-07-09 00:47
@bobafett - Hmmmm . . . if that's so, I guess I'll better vote for the assumption of the new 'red/yellow-card-rule' here at esato mate
shyam335
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-09 08:16
But why not consider a ranking or grading system for each member m8s. (may be i be in last rank though)

This message was posted from a T610

energetic
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-09 08:40
I still believe that the PM warning will be the best. The moderators have their style of approaching someone without making the member offended in any way. This approach have been done to my self as well when I completely lost control in a way by posting some naughty pictures which are not allowed to be posted (XXX). Now the reaction from a member depends on how mature and sensible can be, so he will not repeat the same mistake.

Now if the case is for "Nokia sucks" etc... then I guess the only way to deal with it will be not to comment anything on that and let it pass by.

We have to remember the phrase "Everybody is entitled to his own opinion" and not to content oneself.

And dont forget the moderators are quite busy already reading every single post, checking if a topic already exists, keeping an order to the site and many other obligations towards ESATO etc. And besides all these at the end, they are giving important information and help all members.

[ This Message was edited by: energetic on 2004-07-09 07:44 ]
kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-07-09 08:58
Quote:

On 2004-07-09 08:16:16, shyam335 wrote:
But why not consider a ranking or grading system for each member m8s.
(may be i be in last rank though)

This message was posted from a T610

yeah id be on the esato official shit list too

what is esato, some kind of soccer game? It's perfectly fine the way it is and all this "card" stuff or taking away from a user's postcount is pretty pointless...

anyways, what would one of these yellow or red cards achieve? I, personally, don't think i would give a shit. But, every time @masseur or @tranquil or whoever ele PM's me I'm fine with that.

(sorry its 2 hours past bedtime) [addsig]
pinolo77
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-09 11:05
I believe that a good idea would be to combine the two systems. You could PM someone to tell him or her he has gone too far (for whatever reason) and the person will be reminded of that by having a yellow card next to his or her avatar. But the yellow card should be visible only to the person and not to the rest of the forum.

So everyone knows how his "situation" is and can correct the behavior. Another thing I would like to say is that these "warnings" should also be reversible. If after a number of good posts, let's say 50, the person behaves properly, then the yellow card will disappear.

This solution might be very hard to implement, but I guess it could do the job (I think there is a need for that) without becoming some sort of public blaming and create suspicion.

If I had a card, then I heard a rumor or would like to report a bug, I think people might take my post less seriously, maybe without any reasons. Therefore the card, if there is any, should be seen only by the person who recieved it.

What do you think?
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-09 16:15
Thats sounds good [addsig]
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-09 16:51
@energetic

Been there, done that, post got deleted hehe maybe we can exchange some pics
"Knowing how the game works doesn't make you a player."
Bacanito's Canadian Forum
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-12 01:59
I've enjoyed reading through this thread and some of the ideas presented are very interesting indeed. Before I go any further I would like to point something out; I suggested, some time ago, that members who consistently post helpful and/or useful advice should be rewarded with a custom avatar. The logic behind my idea is quite simple; people respond much better to rewards than punishments, in other words, prevention is better than cure.
Personally I am against any form of public humiliation, which is what a 'card system' amounts to in effect. The proposal of allowing only the person in question to see the appropriate 'card' defeats the purpose as far as I'm concerned. As has been stated before, if a member is publicly humiliated by being branded a trouble maker it will have a very detrimental effect on that member, which might not necessarily be warranted.
There have been a few threads of late, which have touched upon various aspects of this overall problem and I believe that the situation can best be described using the following points:

Some members are overtly concerned with their post count and will post as much as possible to raise it, more often than not resulting in large amounts of tosh being posted.

Some members take themselves, and Esato, too seriously, resulting in hissy fits and pathetic flame wars.

Some members don't take themselves, or Esato, seriously enough and constantly post tosh and 'humorous' posts.

Some members have very little common sense and/ or are very lazy and make no attempt to find the information they are looking for before posting.

Some members are arrogant and deride other members for asking questions, which in their view, are not valid.

The easiest way to circumvent these issues is to install a reward system for members who are helpful and polite and to abolish the post count so as to do away with an unnecessary waste of bandwidth that does nothing, save increase the amount of mince we have to read.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-07-12 02:04
@scotsboyuk - In a nutshell . . . . . . .

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-12 02:09
Case in point.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-07-12 02:11
Hmmm. . . case-to-case basis I guess
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-12 02:23
@jojo

I can see this developing into one of those situations where I shall be asking you what you mean a lot, therefore, to save us both a lot of time and effort, I shall simply ask you what your point is exactly; what exactly is your point?
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-12 18:05
Good idea scotboy - about the customer avatar. I'll take mine now

[ This Message was edited by: orangeman on 2004-07-12 17:06 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  1234  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic