123 ... 171819  Next
Author Bacanito's Canadian Forum
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-23 00:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi from Montreal everyone,

Just thought it would be nice to have a canadian forum for SE users...Feel free to post anything about SE phones, problems, tips, infos about deals with Fido or Rogers, etc.

I like to think I have a fair amount of knowledge of GSM overall, having worked for Orange in Switzerland for almost two years, so if I can help you with something, feel free to ask.

AND, if anyone knows how to get a K700 other than on Ebay, let me know as well.

I'll start with a question : I've had my P800 for over a year now, originally purchased in Switzerland. As you know, MMS has only recently been introduced here. Sp I got everything activated, my handset is properly configured, but I get the message "unknown error" when trying to send an MMS to users from other gsm operators, candian AND worldwide, and even e-mail addresses...anyone has/had this problem? Any solutions? The geniuses @ Fido can't seem to help me...

P.S. JUST BECAUSE I KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT SE AND GSM DOES NOT MEAN I KNOW EVERYTHING. IF YOU KNOW BETTER, FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME AT ANYTIME. I AM HERE TO SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE BUT ALSO TO ACQUIRE SOME. INPUT IS VERY MUCH ENCOURAGED!

Bacanito's Canadian Forum

[ This Message was edited by: bacanito on 2004-06-23 03:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bacanito on 2004-06-23 03:33 ]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-23 00:35
@bacanito nice idea, have fun with it, hope for many canadians u created a great place for help and support ( bit offtopic, sorry )

This message was posted from a T630

bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-23 00:42
thanks boba...although I don't know how many canadians are on esato besides prodjsxb Feel free to drop by anytime hehe...U don't have any info on my mms problem by any chance? Haven't seen this type of problem before unless there are restrictions to other networks, but then the operator would know about this....
"Knowing how the game works doesn't make you a player."
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-23 00:46
Sorry, never owned p8. But its a weird problem. A fw bug maybe?

This message was posted from a T630

bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-23 01:52
dunno bobba, i cant say i know too much about firmware...maybe I should get started

Canada's Forum

[ This Message was edited by: bacanito on 2004-06-23 01:03 ]
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-06-23 02:25
The only canadian member I can think of besides you is fijbert but he's not very active @ the moment... About your problem: I had the same error but using an internet GPRS account (to use email) but it was due to a wrong profile setting. But you're saying your settings are correct so... :(

This message was posted from a P800

westmini
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-06-23 03:53
im a canadian member!! and also about the mms thing...rogers also recently introduced a "mms" feature...its not a true mms, but the idea sounds nice, picture messaging where you would send the picture to the receiving phone but instead of receiving the picture the receiver gets a link to where he can view it on his phone...again i ssaid it sounds nice cause IT DOESNT WORK lol i havent been able to figure out how to get it to work, ive called rogers a few times and they havent been able to help me.
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-23 04:10
@ Krubach

Thanks for the input...well, I'm not so sure about the settings anymore...the auto setup they send is wrong, I had to reconfigure it with my friend who works for Fido (my provider) and what he gave me was different and only since then does it work...weird...and congrats on Portugal winning on sunday

@westmini
Where in Canada are you? Well, if I base myself on my previous experience with mms in europe, whenever the recipient would receive a link to a website containing the mms, it was because either the recipient was not capable of receiving it directly onto his handset (feature not activated on his account) or simply he was sending it to a user registered on another provider and the two parties did not yet have an agreement for exchanging mms. Hope this helps...

Edit: I almost forgot! Welcome to Esato!

Canada's Forum

[ This Message was edited by: bacanito on 2004-06-23 03:12 ]
westmini
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-06-23 05:17
im in toronto

and about the mms thing its not that the recipient has something not enabled, im pretty sure thats how rogers has the service set up
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-23 06:02
never did like Rogers much
does it do that with everyone you try to send it to? pm me if you want my # to test it out...
westmini
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-06-23 18:58
hey, just thought id let our small canadian group here that expansys will soon be selling the K700 (july 6th) for $669.95.
This probably also means that expansys has updated other countries release but im not sure cause i havent checked that out.

nah like thats just how the service is set up, and anytime you send a photo it adds the photo you sent to this online album thats only visible by you cause you create the account under your rogers phone number

[ This Message was edited by: westmini on 2004-06-23 18:00 ]
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-23 19:11
thanks for the info west

I actually have a buddy working @ Rogers, I'll tell him about this problem and see what he has to say about it...maybe there IS a solution I'll let you know if anything can be done.

@ all
Any Fido users?
I have to say I was quite pissed yesterday when I saw this...

According the to Fido website, the newest handsets to be released are two Nokias...and ugly ones too...One is the N-Gage QD and the other is a 3100...and no mention of the SE K700....I really wonder what they're thinking...

Later

[ This Message was edited by: bacanito on 2004-06-23 18:20 ]
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-24 18:05
Ok, it's Saint-Jean Baptiste in Quebec (holiday) today...and I have to work!!!! Bored out of my mind, somebody post something!

@westmini

Now that Fido has introduced City Fido, have you considered switching?

http://cityfido.ca/en/flash.html

[ This Message was edited by: bacanito on 2004-06-24 17:08 ]
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-24 19:50
Y'a pas un ostie d'chat tabarnak!

Come on, I see people are reading this, but no one's posting...
Anna
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-24 22:25
Hello, I randomly stumbled across this Esato place while trying to look some stuff up about the K700. I currently have a Nokia 7210 and am with Fido (NOT my favourite company.....grrrrrr), but am thinking about purchasing an unlocked, SIM free (whatever you want to call it) phone, and I was toying with the idea of a SE k700. The unlocked/SIM free part is rather necessary since I'll be going down to Australia in Feb for at least a year and I'd like to just be able to switch SIM cards. I'll admit, I don't really know much about the k700 other than it has some nifty features, isn't ginormously huge, and would work in Oz. Any thoughts or suggestions for my potential new phone purchase? I'm rather used to the way a Nokia is used, but I'm considering the switch over to SE since i've heard good things

ps. on a completely *random* note - would anybody happen to know why it might be that i can send sms messages to my friends in melbourne and they all get the msg, but i can only receive SOME of their replies (2 people out of 7). this is really bothering me and whenever i ask Fido they say they dont' know what's happening... grrrr

One more thing, somebody asked earlier if there's any way to get a k700 other than on Ebay..... You can get them from online mobile phone stores like mobilefly.com and celluloco.com The first is based in Singapore, the second in Miami. The prices (with taxes and delivery to Toronto) from both are just $20 apart, averaging about $840 (the other is $860 or so)...... Those are the only two places I know of.

Hope that vaguely helps =)

[ This Message was edited by: Anna on 2004-06-24 21:29 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic