Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > Esato Forum Suggestion -Yellow Card - Red Card

Previous  1234  Next
Author Esato Forum Suggestion -Yellow Card - Red Card
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-08 20:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Very true mate. More PM's to Mods is what is needed
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-08 20:08
once again, a call for common sense would be needed...Should this be the action taken, Mods most likely be flooded by irrelevant pm's to the mods, who would post less because being busy reading pms...it's a tough nut to crack, but through discussion, I'm sure we can find an agreeable solution...keep the feedback coming
"Knowing how the game works doesn't make you a player."
Bacanito's Canadian Forum
slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-07-08 20:30
at the end of the day we are all members and have to all do our bit perhaps we all need to think a little more before we post and perhaps some people need to think alot more before they post.
nothing wrong with good debate but when it gets into a pointless slanging match its a waste of good space.
if people thought before they posted ie stuff like "oh its a blokia" and thats there some contribution. then surley we could cut some of this out if thats your view fine but at least back your view up otherwise it just becomes yet another flame war
treat others as you wish to be treat yourself
gazzaa
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-08 21:01
You are right orangeman and I do know of other forums who employ both ideas.It is frustrating and the sad thing is it is probably not kids.
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-08 21:12
This would mean more work for the moderators. They would have to police every post. You could argue "He/She posted this and got away with it, while I posted that and got yellow." Even if it would be non public there could be leakage. Impossible to draw a line. Feasible ?Yes. Realistic - I don't think so.
On top of that there is free speech and as long as you don't offend anybody that should be honored.
And who can throw the first stone here anyway???
And if you don't like it -> don't read it.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
shyam335
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-08 21:13
I agree with energetic that mods sending warnings as pm. But i belive that we should respect the users liberty,unless they post something serious,i mean the things you mentioned or break a esato law. This is my opinion.

This message was posted from a T610

Lembo
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-08 21:16
I know I'm goign the other way on this but instead of 'kicking people out', how about a way of show how useful a certain thread is that the average Jo could give a rateing.
Maybe different colours.

It would be a lot of work for Laffen & Co. to intruduce any policing.
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-07-08 21:22
Quote:

On 2004-07-08 14:11:19, orangeman wrote:
I for one am starting to tire of this. I propose a 'sin bin' or yellow and red card system, or 3 strikes and yoooourr out

[ This Message was edited by: orangeman on 2004-07-08 13:32 ]

by that last line are you suggested that they be kicked out alltogether, i.e. username removed etc or just suspended from using esato for a little while??

personally i think kicking them off totally is a bit extreme.

oooo, i just had an idea. When u get a "red card" you could have say 20 posts removed from ur count. That would deter a lot of ppl who treasure their "prestigous" post count. Thus reducing the total amount of pointles post. It wont eliminate it altogether but its a step in the right direction. Its kinda like a sanction.

Twista
Trusted Trader: 50Cent (+6, -0)
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-08 21:26
not a bad idea@lembo...care to elaborate a lil?
"Knowing how the game works doesn't make you a player."
Bacanito's Canadian Forum
Lembo
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-08 21:39
Sorry bacanito, Haven't that far.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-07-08 22:16
Hmmmm . . . Looks like Esato's Discussion Forum would like to be transformed into a Soccer Game by @orangeman here About those yello-red card, 3 hits/violations and you're out ideas, if that will be implemented in the very distant future - then I guess my days are already numbered here at esato ! Looking back, I remember getting some sort of a warning from &^%$*& - I guess I already made a 3 'red 'lights' in my pms - so, that would just mean an ejection on my part as an esato member - right But I do agree, that there are some kiddos here who posts better than some of our mature members (me, included)! Very well versed people indeed The 'pm' thing would still do the job for the erring members I guess It is more likely/favorably to reprimand members privately than ridiculing them in public It will surely be the talk-of-the-town scenario here at esato if ever! I don't agree with the original plan

Also, with the Nokia vs SE comparison of products, I guess that should be left as an open debate here at esato. Admittingly, SE fones is far superior with those of Nokia fone models, but fone comparison should rest amongst the discretion of the members here at esato - let us not just forget that members are not 'obliged' to reply negatively with Nokia fones specs by any standard It should just remain to be a friendly debate till the end

[ This Message was edited by: jojo51069 on 2004-07-08 21:29 ]
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-08 22:28
I would say no to a total ban. But I know that ip addresses can be blocked.

@gazzaa - which forums are those - I will check them out

The BEST & ONLY retro xhtml wap site.

[ This Message was edited by: orangeman on 2004-07-08 21:36 ]
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-07-08 22:54
A system like that could fall both ways.
1. The "offender" takes the hint and calmes down. (Wich is the intention)
2. Members could squeeze others out of Esato by winding someone with a yellow card up to say stupid things that will make the red card come out.

The idea is not bad at all but I don't think it would work.
The ultimate ringtone wav mp3
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-08 23:01
i like this card idea.
but i think there should also be a gold and silver card for members who've been doing a great job.

and after awhile people with yelow cards should be redicussed so the card could be removed.

so in other words i'm FOR this
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-08 23:50
I love this smliie [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  1234  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic