Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

only 150 i do believe
Scorchio
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-05-11 14:06
lol

God damn word counting programmes!!! They'll be the end of us all I tells ya.
The car in front is absolutely unique apart from the one behind it which is exactly the same. Murray Walker
djpowelly
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-05-11 19:24
i can text without looking... its a skill u aqure when u r @ skool!
djpowelly
ephil_24
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-05-11 19:28
@djpowelly
I guess that's what they mean by saying that schools gives you "special skills"
...I'm frightened by what I see but somehow I know that there's much more to come. Immobilized by my fear and soon to be blinded by tears. I know I can stop the pain if I will it all away...
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-05-11 19:34
i think its possible to beat. with a good nice T610. there isn't that much of a lag. and i don't think T9 can be used. cause if it can, you can also use the virture keypad on a P900 or a communicator
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-05-13 01:45
the rules for a world record attempt are that predictive text is OFF and a specific sentence must be typed (the sentence features every letter of the alphabet - and no it's not "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"). there are also requirements on the number and type of witnesses.
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-05-13 03:44
I watched this on tv and he was using a T610.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-05-13 05:17
Was he really allowed to use both hands???
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-05-13 05:20
yep
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-28 19:04
The new world record for fastest text messaging

Student Kimberly Yeo, 23, managed to type a fiendishly complicated 26-word message on her phone in 43.66 seconds, organizer Singapore Telecommunications (news - web sites) said in a statement Monday.

Her effort — in heats held at the weekend — could beat by a wide margin the existing text message record of 67 seconds, set last year by Briton James Trusler in Sydney.

[ This Message was edited by: axxxr on 2004-06-28 18:56 ]
matt_abt_u
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-29 00:48
you guys may like to know that this record has been broken big time..

a singaporean gal did it in a blistering 43 seconds.. that is fast!

http://www.channelnewsasia.co[....]relocalnews/view/92347/1/.html
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-29 01:11
Damn those winners sure are lucky ! I guess no Filipino guy entered the contest, if ever, sure that Filipino guy will be proclaimed as the winner More so, if our best candidate - Kuya Cesar joined it ! He is a very popular Radio/TV Commentator here in Manila. His famous achievement/work in his entire career was when he posted as the live TV analyst commentator in a professional basketball game in the 80's. The game is already in the 4th quarter, whilst he is still making 'live' game analysis of the game's - 2nd quarter !
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 18:34
A Timpanogos High School student surpassed the world record in text messaging speed Tuesday, beating the previous record by more than 10 seconds during a televised text-off.

Ben Cook, the 17-year-old who plays for his school basketball team, posted the record of 57.
75 seconds for a 160-character phrase used in Guinness World Record texting competition.

Texting involves sending messages via cell phone that are typed on their tiny numeric pads.

Cook, his best friend Dave Stoddard and other high-speed texters identified over the past month-and-a-half during a Cricket Communications competition, were invited to the KUTV morning show to see if one of them could break the world record.

All predictive text functions on the phones were disabled, so competitors had to type each letter of the phrase: "The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human."

Cook, who was posting times around four minutes on the same phrase a little over a month ago, decided to get serious for the contest after Stoddard told him about the competitions at Cricket stores.

"(Stoddard) got me really into it. I've just kind of been practicing it from there," he said. "I just have fast thumbs I guess."

Stoddard, who also beat the world record with a 59-second time but was later edged out by Cook, said he's happy for his friend. But at school Tuesday other students were surprised to hear that Cook was the champion.

"'Ben, I didn't even know he texted,'" Stoddard said was a typical reaction, since Cook is less visible about his texting.

"I'm just always texting," Stoddard said, "My parents are always on my case about not taking (the phone) to church."

Both Cook and Stoddard said they can easily write messages while the phone is under a desk or in a pocket.

Stoddard said he didn't even look at his phone during the competition. Cook said he watched his hands, but not the text screen.

"(It's) tough to say if he's faster than me or not," said Cook of his friend.

Cook's mother Tana, who left for Salt Lake City with her son around 4:30 a.m. on Tuesday, said she has no idea how he got so fast.

"He doesn't even text that much," she said.

Tana Cook rarely uses her phone's text messaging function but said she was glad to see her son break a world record because it is something he has always wanted to do.

Whether Cook will actually be placed in the next Guinness Book of World Records is still up in the air, but Cricket officials said they plan to submit a videotape of the competition, as well as affidavits from witnesses and contest officials to the records group.

Cook received a free phone and a few months of service for winning some of the preliminary rounds but said bragging rights are all he took from his world-record-setting competition Tuesday.

[addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi