Esato

Forum > Regional > Americas > GSM Triband Phones in USA (Cingular)

Previous  123  Next
Author GSM Triband Phones in USA (Cingular)
rdnymllnsktr
W760 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-29 23:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Jojo, that comment towards us was unnecessary. Your buddy's phone will work. By the way, it's ''unlocked'', not ''open to anything'', or whatever you said. To everyone else, if your phone's not working and it's a 900/1800/1900 phone, it's your own problem. They provide you phones that work on their service, but you bring one from another carrier and when it doesn't work you guys complain. Geez.

This message was posted from a T616

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-29 23:27
@rdny . . . . - YUP! My apologies back there, if I have mispelled the word - 'unlock' with that of 'open line' ! Here in Manila, the word 'open line' is commonly used rather than 'unlocked' Now, I'll tell my friend that he can sleep thru the night for having his problem solved ! A comment coming from a member straight from CA, USA - where the fone itself came from . . .
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-29 23:33
@rdny

not to take sides, but if you read his post carefully (possibility that you didnt cuz you posted from ur cell phone and his post was kinda long), he did say "what if"...I don't see why you're getting defensive...geez
"Knowing how the game works doesn't make you a player."
Bacanito's Canadian Forum
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-29 23:48
@bacanito - Thanks for the 'back-up' mate !

@rdny . .. . - YUP! I really appreciate your positive reply back there, though, looks like you're a bit 'mad' at your reply towards - me Cheers though
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-29 23:58
np jojo, fairly important to read carefully before replying, perfect example
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-30 00:40
@bacanito - I quite overlooked at some posts back there, one of which is so important - it's your post! The fone is not a CDMA one, 'cause it has a 'sim' slot at the back Also, I am applying here the SOPs of our local network providers as to the system if our fones here (with fixed monthly billing schemes) be bought in other countries . . . I am quite sure - 80% as to the safety of my friend's fone. The only problem now if it 'caused some major problems abroad, say, delinquent payments, and a stolen unit (worst) - will it result to a dead fone now Though it has already been 'unlocked' at present - can use 4 local networks at here My 'Q' now, is this, if stolen, can they cut-off (Cingular) it's IMEI # from the US down to the other part of the globe, my country, also try to consider, that the fone runs all celfone (local) networks at my place Many thanks - again !
rdnymllnsktr
W760 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 02:09
Jesus man, your phone is safe. Stop worrying!

This message was posted from a WAP device

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-30 02:16
@rdny . . . . Oh My Goodness Thanks so much again - mate Bitter sweet though
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 15:04
@ jojo

Why do you insist about the stolen handset theory? I read somewhere that they can have the IMEI in some database of stolen/lost phones in the UK, but I don't know how it works nor what the consequences are, but I doubt that type of system is used in the North America....anyways, maybe someone from the UK can enlighten us. But once again, I dont think this should be a problem in North America.
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 17:11
@jojo
I think "your friend" will be fine. If it is unlocked/open lined he is ok. If not he should be ok, too, because his phone is working on a different operator in his country. I don't think there is a chance, that Cingular could cut of the phone. So relax and be happy with it.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
RichLok
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2004-06-30 18:36
Cingular will not block the phone, especially if it's a low/mid end phone... I remembered back when they had the Nokia 8890 at an outrageous price of over $400, some where being blocked. But this is a costly procedure. Your 'friend' should be safe. Just wait until an extra serial number is produced by all manufacturers to combat fraud. It's in the works and all carriers will be abiding by it. What I don't know is if the blacklisting (blocking) will be done by the manufacturers themselves or a 3rd party entity.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-30 21:01
@residentevil & @richlok - Thanks for the + comments mates !
@bacanito - My friend's worry is this, a guy from the US sold his unit to him at a very 'unbelievable' price I've seen the unit myself and find it just 1/3 of the fone's orginal price price being tagged to my friend's wallet. Scratchless and all that Now, if that would just be the case here in Manila, possiblities are high that it is a stolen fone, because of the price pegged at. I myself, have encountered some problems with very similar transaction only to find out in the end that I got myself a stolen unit, and the fone eventually was blocked So I still have to dole out some cash just have the unit running again - change IMEI (my last recourse here mates-not illegal in my place, specially when you are the one being 'faked' at) But I guess now that my friend's worries are over - with crossed fingers Thanks to @all
Jowi
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 21:10
jojo-they don't bother that kind problems in the US...your complicating it... & if i can read their mind, they don't care about your problems w/ your phone...

[ This Message was edited by: Jowi on 2004-06-30 20:12 ]
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 21:25
@ jojo

well, richlok brought up interesting information that I wasnt sure about, but I don't think thats implemented yet, so I wouldnt worry...
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-30 21:30
@jowi - Looks like it mate But I was so glad to see how they react with my 'Q' here. @bacanito gave q pleasant suggestion too. Yup! Looks like we do have different/opposite systems when it comes to selling fones here and abroad, also to consider that we do have some celfone snatching and selling here in Manila . .. . as they say, ONLY IN THE - PHILIPPINES !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi