Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Taking the T610 apart?

Author Taking the T610 apart?
emanuelj
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-01-31 13:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Don't open your t610! I scratched my lcd....
Merovingian
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-01-31 13:54
@emanuelj: youre beginning to anoy me just because you scratched your LCD, doesn't mean everybody else will do it... my friend changed his T610 housing and it was no scratches on the LCD screen.. and whats the point to post the same post in 3 different topics??? I've taken my T610 apart 2 times to clean it, and it's completely fine... so stop posting c**p.. sorry for the language guys

anti_christ666
emanuelj
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-01-31 14:08
I cleaned my lcd with the cleaning cloth and got a scratch on it ...
I am very sad right now...
I will never open a fone again!

[ This Message was edited by: emanuelj on 2004-01-31 13:26 ]
Merovingian
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-01-31 14:42
@emanuelj: will you see and make up your mind? first you say that you scratched your lcd by opening the phone... than you say you scratched it when you cleaned the screen.. and by the way, use Pressureised Air to clean the screen.. you can buy it on almost every OKQ8 benzin station... it costs about 70SEK...

anti_christ666
Yazad
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-01-31 23:07
well thanks a lot for the information well it is really usefull
RMskater
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-31 23:11
Go here for a better description!!! This should help you more!!!!

Ethan [addsig]
jpb039
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-02-02 16:31
I have cracked the screen on my T610 and have ordered a replacement and disassembled the phone (using helpful tips from this forum for removing the antenna guard). However, I see that screen replacement on the T610 is much more complicated than on the T68i. Can anyone offer any suggestions on the procedure for connecting the screen to the phone (other than bringing it to a sony ericsson service centre, which might have been the most sensible option).

Thanks in advance for any tips,

-Jim
emanuelj
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-02-02 16:36
Yeah, as I sad before it is not good to open up fones that is not made for it... I scratched mine too but i think i can live whith it...
stefis
T630
PM
Posted: 2004-02-02 17:55
does the cover of t630 comes apart the same way as t610?
thnku
passerby
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-02-03 06:53
juz dip your phone into a pail of water and all your worries abt dust in the phone will be over...
Muarrij
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-06 01:20
The 610 just like the 630 is not that difficult to open as long as you are careful in your method.
First of all find a slip free surface and use the correct torx screwdriver. Do not use jewellers drivers as a sibstitute. Torx are available quite cheap on some famous internet auctions.
When opening the t610/630 remove the back cover, batter and sim card first.
To pry open the antenna covering simply by inserting a very slim flat head screw driver under the bottom right side of the cover. You need to push it slightly UP and then back. I have opened the back cover twice without a problem.
Once the back is open the front is easy too. There are 4 screws that hold the front with the body of the phone.
The screen and keyboard are attached via a ribbon cable to the main board. These cables have small fasteners that need to be released when detaching both devices.
The keyboard has holes in its rubber surround which fit around grooves on the main board to secure it accurately to the main body. Either can be replaced quite easily.
If you drop your phone in water, with no cover on it. Salvage it immediately and detach the battery. Next try and remove the water through common sense and at the first instance unscrew and remove all detachable places and dry gently with a cloth. Leave to air for about 1-2 hours. Do not use a hair dryer on high heat, if you must use one, do not bring it too close as to damage the phone through excessive heat. Best to use high pressure air cleaners.
I have pictures of the insides of the t610 in detail and also the insides of the covers and their notches. Mail me if you would like a copy.
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-06-06 01:37
ok. When I had my t610 I was changing the covers all the time. The first time I did it the origonal antenna cover was attached very tightly. I eventually managed to remove it appling a little pressure with my nail (was sore afterwards though). The material used on the official casings are strong.
Basically there are 2 pegs/clips on the antenna cover either side of the camera lens (1 is slightly bigger than the other). Lift and push on them and the cover will slide off but be carefull as appling too much pressure will cause the cover to move too quickly and will take the antenna with it. This happened on my first attempt but I was lucky as it didnt damage the antenna clips and was able to re-attach it easily. You will then need a T6 torx drive to dismantle the phone completly. Again be careful as some T6 drives I've used in the past have stripped the screw head making it necessary to use the next torx size up to unscrew them.

If its just a matter of dust removal. Why not just use an air gun.
Next time you put air in your tyres on your car/bike, use the air thats left on you phone to blast the dust out

[ This Message was edited by: Staz081277 on 2004-06-06 00:42 ]
septahedra
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-07-25 20:06
I was searching for a way to safely disassemble my t610 when I stumbled on this thread. It was in my back pocket when I went "tubing", that is, dragged on a special buoy by a speeding boat. It was a fun experience for me, not so for my phone.
Anyway, I disassembled the antenna cover according to the (very) detailed instructions, and was having a hard time. It turned out the problem was that there is a seal of some sort on the bottom left of the antenna cover, and the only way for me to open the cover is by breaking the seal.
I got this phone from T-Mobile when I subscribed to their monthly plan, so they might have put the seal there.
My point is, if you are still under warranty and you find it hard to open the antenna cover, there might be a seal there that you don't want to break.
In my case, my warranty does not cover water damage, so I don't have anything to lose.
taz_rules
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-02 13:56
Muarrij i would be thankfull if u send me the picture text on how to remove the cover please send it to taz_is_in_the_house@msn.com

thankyou

[ This Message was edited by: taz_rules on 2005-01-02 12:57 ]
O-Dawg
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-03 02:04
I no its a bit old now but thank for your posts, needed 2 clean out my dads T610 he uses it as a backup phone! Very usefull !!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi