Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > A much better guide to removing the antennae cover from your T616 or T610

12  Next
Author A much better guide to removing the antennae cover from your T616 or T610
RMskater
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-31 08:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This is for everyone who has read this post. I read this post and tried to do it, cause I'm getting this killer faceplate, and I needed to take off the antennae cover to replace it. I was trying to follow the directions, and while just following the directions and the pictures are fine, but I can understand everyone's difficulty with trying to understand the pictures or just the descriptions. It is kind of frustrating.

This is why I made a (hopefully) easier to understand, detailed guide on how to remove the antennae cover for a T616. Hope that this helps you!!! Enjoy!

Ethan

If you REALLY DO love your phone, you need to join my club!!! I've got lots of free stuff there, like ringers, games, wallpapers, themes, and more!!!

[ This Message was edited by: RMskater on 2004-01-31 08:00 ]
davieboi
Z200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-31 10:15
You could really do with editing those pictures in a imaging package and making them brighter and more clearer because I personally find those pics very hard to see and to make out what you are trying to show me.
Shanghai.me.uk - T610 themes and forum
rudeboymcc
W960
PM
Posted: 2004-01-31 14:32
i think it's great. he did all this to help others and i understood everything perfectly. thank you/
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-01-31 14:38
Your link doesnt work and I know it's geocities ( no hot linking )
dimitrivd
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-31 20:23
it is a very usefull thread, i also didnt get along with that other one.
They have a point, make the pics brighter, and the link is not always workink (geocities sucks)

I removed the antenna cover.

1. remove the battery
2. remove the mirror ore rubber thingie.
3. (thats the way i did it)
Take a plastic card like a credit-card and push it under each corner, so you get a click. On the right side it is easy, on the left side, you have that litle black plate that sticks out. I just pushed a verry small flat screwdriver under it and click. It was open.

You have to slice the antenna cover upwards. (a bit hard the first half cm) Ones you did it you can do it again. But the first time; take your time.
Owner of a T68 since December '01. - SURF FIREFOX
RMskater
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-31 20:39
I'm sorry about the images. I will try to take care of this, but I can't upload until probably Monday, cause the connection here is too slow (college housing, not dorms, but more like apartments). I didn't realize about Geocities not always working. I did know that when a page exceeds it data transfer allocation, it temporarily shuts down, then works later. I'm sorry about that.

Ethan [addsig]
davieboi
Z200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-31 21:25
Send the pics to me if you like and I will sort the brightness out and host them for you if you like.
RMskater
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-31 22:10
I have sent you the pics. Thanks for the help.

Ethan [addsig]
davieboi
Z200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-31 22:23
Where have you sent them to? I haven't recieved them via email yet. Just out of curiosity when you clicked on the email button did you change the AT to an actually @ because I noticed when I clicked on the button it appears as AT instead. Have no idea why.
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-01-31 22:25
for spambots so they cant have your email
davieboi
Z200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-31 22:26
Well I'm geussing that is the reason I haven't recieved them anyway.
RMskater
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-31 22:27
Gosh, I feel so stupid. I sent it to your MSN Messenger account (cause to set up an MSN account, you automatically get a Hotmail account, don't you?). I have resent it to your other e-mail. Thank you.

Ethan [addsig]
davieboi
Z200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-31 22:31
I still haven't recieved them, how big are the pictures all together? I have no attachment limits but don't hotmail only allow you to send 1MB or something like that? The only other thing I can think of to why I haven't recieved the email.
RMskater
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-01-31 22:37
Bah, I didn't realize that the dumb Hotmail didn't allow this. Could you IM me (my information is below), and I'll send you the files directly? AIM would be the best!

Thank you to "Davieboi" for fixing up the images!!! You can view the pictures here!!! They're in a slideshow mode. Hope that you like them!!! Thanks again.

EThan

If you REALLY DO love your phone, you need to join my club!!! I've got lots of free stuff there, like ringers, games, wallpapers, themes, and more!!!

[ This Message was edited by: RMskater on 2004-01-31 22:41 ]
deuxani
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2004-01-31 23:51
Great instructions RMskater!! Don't forget to post the phone with the new faceplate when you get it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi