Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Satio takes noisy pics
Phone?? What phone??
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-10-21 21:51
Terrible quality from N8 - it's realy impossible. This's not real test. Protected glass on N8 camera looks smudged with finger , it's not corect. But N8 optics is amazing terrible Satio have good colors and contrast but low detail.
P.P. Answer on mistery is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/clintonjeff/5093748924/
This photo was taken on October 13, 2010 using a Sony Ericsson U1i

N8...................................Satio

[ This Message was edited by: Sassho on 2010-10-21 20:52 ]
ok1907
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2010-10-21 22:00

On 2010-10-21 21:14:23, davidsic wrote:
Nokia N8 vs Sony Ericsson Satio: The 12 Megapixel, Xenon Flash Camera Showdown -> here

[ This Message was edited by: davidsic on 2010-10-21 20:15 ]

Some N8 photos look out of focus and blurred. That's caused by the finger prints on the lens. We have seen great pictures by n8 so far and those blurry pictures are not the fault of N8. So, n8 vs satio, I think there is no contest.
naveedaziz83
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-21 22:02
Just got my silver n8 yesterday and really like it. has features and applications that i want

this is my first time using ovi maps and love it as well. sat locks in a matter of seconds whereas the same took some time in satio.

i want to ask you ovi maps user a question. can we choose a destination based on coordinates (just like in garmin). I cant seem to find it.

would really appreciate if some1 could tell me how to.

Nokia N8
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-21 22:40
OK lets start by taking a look at my first picture. Now, i must stress this is not perfect photography, but you get the general idea. Here we see a common street view

Satio

Full size click here

Now look at the Nokia N8 picture. The buildings in the middle of the shot are much better exposed than the Satio image. The Satio's image makes the building almost look like it is glowing or about to burn out white - like the sky. Notice how the sky is not burnt as white in the N8 picture as the Satio picture. The Satio makes every day look like a cloudy day when clearly it is not. I personally with a bit more practise can probably see me getting rather well exposed skies. The N8 colour and sharpness beats the Satio hands down.

Nokia N8

Full size click here

OK time for the next picture..

Satio

Full size click here

Sadly, i cocked up this picture with the N8 and its autofocus, as you can see i completely blurred the tree on the left of the picture. However, again you can see just how much cooler and true to life the N8 captures scenes. Colour representation is spot on, the sky is less burnt out and the sharpness is pretty much spot on too. The N8 is far better imo, but slightly harder than the Satio to get a good image. It takes practise moreso than the Satio did as it has a much wider field of view with its wider angle lens.

Nokia N8

Full size click here

The Satio seems to make every picture look like it was a much nicer and sunnier day than it actually was.

Now for the next picture. I had two attempts with the N8 as at first i was not very happy with the angle i had the phone held, it was slightly more pointed upwards than the Satio image, therefore please choose which is the better comparison picture.

Satio

Full size click here

Again, the Nokia gives much better colours, much better sharpness and far less post processing. The images are raw, look realistic and not like the day was very sunny. The Satio image people may prefer, but to be honest when you compare it to the reality of the N8 picture the Satio version looks mocked up !

Nokia N8

Full size click here

Full size click here

Im sorry to say to SE but they have lost this war on cameras IMO. The N8 makes the Satio look almost amateurish ! if thats a real word !

Here we go again, this time, LOW LIGHT SAMPLES

Now, im not the best low light photographer. In fact usually i avoid taking low light samples with any phone unless its a party portrait. However after reading peoples views on Esato i decided to use all i know using various focus methods, ISO altering, using various scenes etc. But the Nokia N8 completely wins hands down here imo. Theres not as much to play around with, especially when resized down but its a pretty much straightforward victory for the Nokia N8.

Satio samples

That is about the best i could manage from the Satio. Terrible focus and bad capture when compared to the N8 which follows shortly..

Nokia N8

If anyone would like to see the Nokia N8 shots full size please say so, as at the moment i type this im losing patience with Imageshack ! lol
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2010-10-21 21:45 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-10-21 23:10
I would like to compare both in full size. This way it's impossible to compare the resolved detail.
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-10-21 23:28
I wouldn't say there was a lot of difference between the two, when I expected the N8 to be a lot better. They seem to have similar performance IMO.

In the first comparison pictures, the detail on the stone wall opposite, the car registration plate and the leaves in the gutter look a lot sharper on the Satio sample.
ok1907
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2010-10-21 23:45

On 2010-10-21 23:28:34, goldenface wrote:
I wouldn't say there was a lot of difference between the two, when I expected the N8 to be a lot better. They seem to have similar performance IMO.

In the first comparison pictures, the detail on the stone wall opposite, the car registration plate and the leaves in the gutter look a lot sharper on the Satio sample.

It's because the objects look smaller on N8's photo. The edtail can't be compared with 800*600 pictures. Full size pics would reveal the details.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-22 00:55
@ zide - there is little or no detail to be found in the Satio pictures, however if you would like me to list one Satio verus one N8 ill upload them tomorrow. Imageshack is rather slow and cumbersome these days.

@ goldenface - ok1907 is correct, due to the wider angle lens of the N8 more of the scene is captured, therefore the Satio image appears bigger but with less of the scene captured. The N8 captures more of the scene but everything is generally smaller in proportion to the image as a whole. Viewing the images at full 100% crop reveals the detail in the N8 images, just like ok1907 said.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but i prefer the raw realistic images of the N8. Until now ive accepted the Satio camera even though it made everything look more colourful than it actually is. Portraits of myself show this that people have taken of me, i tend to look brown and tanned in Satio images, when really im usually always the exact opposite.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-10-22 03:52
Poor Satio

Thanks for effort again, this time is no double up compare
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
mrjulius
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-22 04:57
both phones have mistakes theres no winner
Xperia Arc S, AinoU10i, x10m, c902, k750i,
jake20
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-10-22 05:20
well, my Green N8 has been shipped by Nokia USA.. so expect a lot of pics soon
great work etaab for all of your comparison shots and unbiased opinions!
[ This Message was edited by: jake20 on 2010-10-22 05:29 ]
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2010-10-22 05:30

On 2010-10-22 05:20:49, jake20 wrote:
well, my Green N8 has been shipped by Nokia USA.. so except a lot of pics soon

+1

I ordered the Orange one and it too shipped today... wonder how long it will take to get to me with the "express" option????

-1, I plan on making my opinions VERY biased! lol
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2010-10-22 04:31 ]
[addsig]
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2010-10-22 05:49

On 2010-10-22 04:57:25, mrjulius wrote:
both phones have mistakes theres no winner

lol this guy just cant accept the fact that nokia n8 is much better than se satio,even there's a lot of examples , solid SE fan.
"You don't need a reason to help people"
-Nokia N82 5.0MP Carl Zeiss Optics
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
jake20
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-10-22 06:29

On 2010-10-22 05:30:19, mlife wrote:

On 2010-10-22 05:20:49, jake20 wrote:
well, my Green N8 has been shipped by Nokia USA.. so except a lot of pics soon

+1

I ordered the Orange one and it too shipped today... wonder how long it will take to get to me with the "express" option????

-1, I plan on making my opinions VERY biased! lol
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2010-10-22 04:31 ]

mlife, are you in US?
they provided me with a fedex tracking number, but as of 12:30am it is still not in fedex system yet , so I doubt its coming for several more days.

what really pisses me off is that I pre-ordered my N8 from NokiaUSA online, and at the time they were only giving 10% off for the in stock dark Grey model.. now 2 weeks after my pre-order the Green is in stock and they are offering 10% off for anyone who orders it now.

so basically I get screwed out of about $55 because i pre-ordered it 2 weeks ago.
that really blows..
[ This Message was edited by: jake20 on 2010-10-22 05:31 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 363738 ... 515253  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic