Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Satio vs Nokia N8

123 ... 515253  Next
Author Satio vs Nokia N8
jake20
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-09-07 15:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Are any of you guys going to buy the Nokia N8?
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-07 16:07
I am. Over the past few years ive preferred Nokia phones to SE and the Satio has always fallen short of a Nokia equivelant. When Nokia announced Ovi maps would be free for life i considered selling my Satio for a N97 which i always wanted instead of a Satio.

I want a high spec camera, since no Android phone has such a thing just yet and Apple cannot even implement Bluetooth correctly for me its an easy decision.

Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Acelew
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-07 17:47
i thk Satio is betta..
jake20
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-09-07 17:59
I really want a high spec camera as well, as well as good GPS for navigation.
Do you know how good the OVI maps is for voice turn navigation?

Is it better than google navigation for the Android devices?
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-09-07 18:24
Acelew - you are an idiot, posting just to have numbers. No offense but you are! N8 beats the crap out of the satio. Yet i wont buy N8 because of the minor update of symbian. Etaab sorry for that war on the pics topic, but you cant convince me. Maybe you are satisfied but im not. Still requires some tweaking. Anyway we ended this.
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2010-09-08 00:18 ]
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
mikekop
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-07 23:50

On 2010-09-07 18:24:30, norbi_nw wrote:
Acelew - you are an idiot, posting just to have numbers. No offense but you are! N8 beats the crap out of the N8. Yet i wont buy N8 because of the minor update of symbian. Etaab sorry for that war on the pics topic, but you cant convince me. Maybe you are satisfied but im not. Still requires some tweaking. Anyway we ended this.

OK, wait here a minute. Why are you calling someone an idiot? Quit that shit right now.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-08 00:24

On 2010-09-07 17:59:09, jake20 wrote:
I really want a high spec camera as well, as well as good GPS for navigation.
Do you know how good the OVI maps is for voice turn navigation?

Is it better than google navigation for the Android devices?

Im not sure if its better, but its very good. In fact id say its better than my dedicated sat nav. Which is a Binatone, so thats not a hard thing to beat.

The best thing about Ovi maps is that you can download the maps for free and store them on the phone, whereas Google maps you have to stream them constantly, using up any free data bandwith or even running up a big phone data bill.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
prilo
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-08 01:06
This topic dont have any sense. Coz Satio is already on the market but N8 still in the "theory" and phase of beta-tested. We can say only which phone is better on the paper
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-09-08 01:18

On 2010-09-07 23:50:01, mikekop wrote:

On 2010-09-07 18:24:30, norbi_nw wrote:
Acelew - you are an idiot, posting just to have numbers. No offense but you are! N8 beats the crap out of the N8. Yet i wont buy N8 because of the minor update of symbian. Etaab sorry for that war on the pics topic, but you cant convince me. Maybe you are satisfied but im not. Still requires some tweaking. Anyway we ended this.

OK, wait here a minute. Why are you calling someone an idiot? Quit that shit right now.

Because he also replied on other threads and the answers where total fail, and only posted to have post number... Nothing tied to the subject. I bet he doesnt even know what N8 is or specs... Sorry but he got me angry. Nothing to undeline his answer just threw a post in there.

So far i have seen incredible sample shots with N8, its faster, its got a better camera, HDMI, 3.5 jack, And scratch proof glass (multi-coated), and ofc HD video recording.. + many goodies (pinch zoom, cool video editor, etc.). It's a win for the N8 and SE isnt throwing out anything new on the market. Only that PSP phone next year. But go with Nokia, TONS of support and nokia has 100000000 hacker fans and they create all kind of tweaks, mods, etc. for Nokias. Noone gives a rats ass about SE symbian. Thats why SE is dropping it. so N8 all the way. + that i REALLY want a metal phone (SE wasnt able to deliver such quality since the T610). you CANT go wrong with the N8.
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2010-09-08 00:24 ]
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
schnuff
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-08 05:26
yesss, norbi_nw, that's exactly the point:
beside the specifications it's the large and busi symbian communitiy that is a really great point for the nokia n8.
lots of modders are waiting for the n8 and i'm sure within a short time there will be tons of mods, cfw etc. for the n8...
i own a satio for a year, it's hacked since the very first day (i got my cert two days bevore i got my satio... ) and of course vivaz homescreen and this things are running on my satio. compared to my 2 years old nokia 5800 the satio is nothing but boring!
on my 5800 there's the new firmware of the nokia c6 running as a customfirmware with tons of mods and goodies, and every month there's something new to discover.
i've preordered the n8 long time ago, my satio will be sold now (or i'll change it to a x10 mini!?).
jake20
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-09-08 15:55

On 2010-09-08 01:06:10, prilo wrote:
This topic dont have any sense. Coz Satio is already on the market but N8 still in the "theory" and phase of beta-tested. We can say only which phone is better on the paper

N8 is not in "Theory" phase at all.. there are already hands on reviews for the phone, and it will be released in another week or so.
Man, i want this phone bad. Honestly, I would be primarily buying it for its camera specs, and free GPS/offline maps.

The only issue I have is with the price..
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-09-08 16:26
I would avoid Symbian altogether,but if you want a good camera and decent community support then get the N8. It seems SE have abandoned the Satio despite its excellent hardware. I was going to wait for the N8, but Symbian is sooo stale at the moment, and the camera isn't a big deal to me so i got the X10 and glad i made the jump, if you want a good SE smartphone get an Android SE.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
jake20
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-09-08 17:32
i never owned a symbian phone.. but what is so bad about it?
is it the lack of software? or features? or lack of customization or modding?

Is the Symbian 3 OS also that bad? Isnt this supposed to be a new phone OS?
i am confused here..
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-09-08 19:07
Im not too clued up on the more technical side of Symbian^3 but to me it seems to be a slighlty more tweaked version of S60v5 with Qt built-in which means it will be easier to develop apps for it, also there's no more Symbian Signed to go through if i remember correctly, so apps should arrive faster.
After having being a user and big fan of Symbian S60 for the past 4years or so and then getting an Android 2months ago what i noticed is that the S60 UI and its apps lack consistency especialy in S60v5 where in some apps you will have kinetic scrolling then in others a scroll bar ,it breaks your flow and can get frustrating at times, there's no proper structure in their set up so you find alot of apps have their own UI unlike for example in Android where if want settings Menu for any app you're in you simply click the Menu key,if you want to go Back you hit the back key, and its like that in EVERY app.
The quality of apps in Symbian is a bit shocking especially when you are paying so much for your symbian, e.g Ovi Store, this is supposed to be where you get the apps yet its slow, and feels like bloatware, apps like Gravity and Tweets60 feel like Beta software etc...
Its a good OS but the UI is in need of a major change, nothing flashy just something better structured.
After using Android i simply cant stand S60 at all, and it seems like Symbian ^3 isnt that different.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
jake20
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-09-08 19:56
@Tsepz_GP
thanks for the explanation!

well, i have been a little frustrated with my C905 because of the lack of good applications.
It seems like the old java feature phones are getting left in the dust..

I cant even find a good internet radio app for my C905.. so I may find Symbian to be great, lol
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 515253  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic