Previous  123 ... 91011
Author Satio VS N8-00
schnuff
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-07 13:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
we will see...
that crap os running on satio isn't symbian, it's almost symbian. my 5800 running real symbian feels like a completely other os and s^3 on n8 will be better.
Raafat
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-07 14:15

On 2010-06-07 13:37:56, schnuff wrote:
we will see...
that crap os running on satio isn't symbian, it's almost symbian. my 5800 running real symbian feels like a completely other os and s^3 on n8 will be better.

5800 may have a better base system, but what I am saying is that, the most essential applications under perform. Take the Facebook application, it is written using the web runtime which is both slow and power consuming, it does not support notifications or anything of the sort and hence the user must adjust to how it works. The quick office application is nearly unusable and when compared to the iPhone version is not worth the price. Since they both run the Avkon UI this is not going to change in Symbian^3 and you will still see poor quality applications when compared to Android and iPhone OS.
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-06-08 02:07

On 2010-06-07 10:45:21, Raafat wrote:
They both run Symbian, regardless of version they both share the same sluggish Avkon UI that is the major downfall of Symbian. Symbian^3 is not much of an improvement opposed to Symbian^1. More importantly, the quality of apps that are produced for the Symbian platform are mediocre at best and this is why I don't think any of the two phones will ever have a chance of competing with the upcoming phones. I can only name three symbian apps that are great: Opera Mobile 10, Ndrive and Gravity, the rest are sluggish and require the user to adjust themselves to work with the program opposed to the program working around the user. For example, push notifications is not implemented in any of the common apps and requires the user to check the app every hour for updates. The keyboard layout is also not ergonomic, i.e the keyboard does not slide out and simply covers the whole screen, making it hard to read any of the text. The list goes on and on but I will stop here.

In conclusion the Satio and the N8 both have strengths, the N8 being slightly stronger, but I firmly believe that the OS will be the reason why the N8 won't be as popular as other phones regardless of the phones specs.

Well the speed of my i8910 isn't particularly slow. infact, i'd say it's very nippy. and thats s60 v5. As far as apps for symbian go, The best period for apps was around the time of the 3650/6600. plenty about then...
schnuff
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-08 05:21

On 2010-06-07 14:15:30, Raafat wrote:
...Take the Facebook application...

well, the facebook app has it's own nice homescreenwidget with statusupdates, idon't know why this feature is not supported by sativaz?!
the messengers like nimbuzz and fring support notifications and thread sms also does. i think there's a problem with the programmers, not with the os...
hope this will change now with qt on s^3?!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-24 02:30

On 2010-06-07 13:37:56, schnuff wrote:
we will see...

Funny, personally I find the Satio interface much better than the standard Nokia s60. I think they have improved the interface over Nokia's efforts.
schnuff
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-08-24 05:20
the only thing is the homescreen that was a little improved by s///. vivaz homescreen is really nice!
other things like webbrowser or media player are poor on satio, nokia did the job good here and i miss the improvements for my satio!? now s/// is telling me that there will be no more update for my satio, that's not good at all.
my good old 5800 is running c6 firmware (s^2) now, that's the reason for me to stick for it, there has been always something new for it! i will sell my satio now.
strephon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 17:06
The n8 will blow the satio pictures out of the water, it's a better phone in every way .
Satio R.I.P
naveedaziz83
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 19:58
out of topic

i think we have a double thread

satio vs n8

and

satio vs n8-00

or are they two entirely different phones
Nokia N8
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 20:18
I think you're right, i think a moderator needs to step in and lock this topic, the other is much more recent.

Continue here: Satio vs Nokia N8

And yeah, they're the same phone.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2010-09-22 19:19 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic