Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > lost signal after updating k800 f/w,help please

Previous  12
Author lost signal after updating k800 f/w,help please
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-03 00:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
here is a member from tehran

http://forum2.mobile-review.com/showthread.php?p=545255

just an idea, but u could contact him there via pm, meybe he could help u
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-03 00:55
yes,i think i should go for a local service,just to see what's next...

uh that iranian guy on mobile-review,thanks Bobaffet,that's cool....i certainly will contact him for help,or maybe we'll meet:P..see,he's got much more better English language skills than me,i would never discuss with him in english for sure:P(i know that's silly since we both are Persian,fun)

thank you thank you thank you all

[ This Message was edited by: decay_zeit on 2007-04-02 23:59 ]
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-03 01:03
No problem, good luck getting your K800i fixed, let us know how you get on!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-03 01:07
salaam, u are welcome i just checked, when u enter"iran" or "tehran" at the serach, some thready pop up, where members from iran are posting, even old ones, but if u are lucky, u can fine in the profile some email adds maybe, so u can contact them.

Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-03 01:30
@Bobafett

uh you're so cool,salaam(called Finglish,Farsi and English mixed,lol) ...wow,never had an idea how that sort of searching in total would resault into such details...

i just sent a PM , hope he'll check me out

[ This Message was edited by: decay_zeit on 2007-04-03 00:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: decay_zeit on 2007-05-24 01:01 ]
Seanyb2
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-04-03 01:51
To me it sounds like a network problem. I used to be on Vodafone and i had a W900i and sometimes if the network is very busy and your phone is on standby and not making or recieving calls it will say No Access to Network. Trust me i know this i have experienced it alot mainly with Vodafone or O2. Normally as soon as you make a call it should work if the network is not still too busy with a particular mast.

This message was posted from a 6233
dileepd11
K790
PM
Posted: 2007-04-06 08:24

On 2007-04-02 23:18:35, decay_zeit wrote:
i managed to update my k800 firmware with SE update service(to R1GB001) about a month ago but i'm experiencing this problem latley which i'm sure it didn't exist at least befor update...

at home and all places with good network coverage there is no problem,but in areas with weeker coverage,it's impossible to use the phone,signal bars are full but instead of operator name it says : No asccess to network...when i try to make a call, i hear a beep thrice and the call hangs up.not only calls but also i'm not able to send a message,sending fails..just as same as a place with no coverage,but people around handle calls.

IT IS REALLY ANNOYING,PLEASE PLEASE HELP IF THERE IS A SOLUTION.
ANY REPLIES WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED,THANKS PEOPLE

i'm really looking forward to seeing replies...........

You can try two things.
1. Set Network Search Mode to Manual
(Menu>>Settings>>Connectivity>>Mobile Networks>>Search Mode>>Manual)
2. New firmware is out so please update to the new one (R1JXXXX)
alibond82
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-04 16:47
I've had exactly the same problem with my SE K800i in Egypt.

Here's my post: http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=141618

I've been in touch with my operator's customer support for one whole week and in the end they advised I check the phone's service center.

I changed SIM cards, I put SIM card in another phone (worked perfectly), I put another operators SIM card in my K800 and this also worked perfectly.

To add to that, I didn't need to restart phone when in coverage area, all I do is enter that area and things worked perfectly.

All my attempts failed, I upgraded the EROM using WOTAN and it was still the same.

In the end, I dropped it at SE service centre, and they gave me a brand new phone.

Now, I'm afraid to upgrade the f/w, but I really need to. WE have a new operator here (new 3G service) and I'll buy a line from them when they're available.
aremaboy
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-04 21:05
Do the update to the latest R1JG001 via SEUS and see how it works. Never did I have such network problem when running R1GB001 in the past.
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-24 02:16
@Seanyb2
well,no then problem remain whatever i do or don't with the phone unless i exit the area,hmm stupid

@alibond82
oh yeah,glad to see you've given a new phone which doesn't have this problem,but the newer f/w has it's own advantages for sure,it's hard to ignore them...here there's nothing i can do,and the service center,as there is no official SE service center here in iran(no foriegn companies can have business in iran,politics,i hate politics)and existing ones would charge me to death:((and i know,if they don't harm the phone,they certainly would not fix the pros)...

decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-24 02:33
god damn it.the problem has not been fixed yet...

i'm looking at the problem from a different angel,a visual one

well,there are 3 phones here in the room,and one of them is my faulty k800,in the picture below there are 2 others,w850 and w810,as you see both of them have access to network and the operator name(IR-TCI)is shown :

here are my k800 and w850 next to each other(all settings are the same),look;my phone has no access to network :

and here is w810 next to k800,and again my phone has no access to network :

all three phones have same values in network settings,all 3 are in the same room,...i must say that in most areas also my phone has proper access to network,but in this certain room,or in many other areas(damnly accidently such areas happen to be important places where i really need my phone)my k800 doesn't have access to network and cannot handle call...

all i know is that this problem never existed before f/w update:(

i know i know,but help please...
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-27 18:06
any body???:(
aremaboy
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-27 22:57
Hardware problem, may be? If that's so, you can't do that at home. You need to get some ICs replaced.
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-29 00:06
well,before update this problem never existed,so i don't think this is a hardware problem........anyways,thanks for your post buddy
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi