Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Upgrading to R1GB001 SE K800i

Author Upgrading to R1GB001 SE K800i
alibond82
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-02-13 17:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all,

I've upgraded SE K800i's firmware from the first release to R1GB001, however, since then I get something very weird.

In some areas (that happen to be far from where I live by about 20+km) my phone displays "No Access To Netw." however, I can still receive calls but when I press "Answer" nothing happens, it's as if I pressed "silent" Sometimes it displays the operator's logo and still the same. I thought it could be a problem within the area, but it turned out to be not that, because it also happens somewhere else.

To make things worse the response given to people who try to call me is sometimes "The number is not and operational number" that's of course apart from a busy tone and "the number cannot be reached"

I tired my SIM card in my old Ericsson T39m and it worked perfectly, I even changed my SIM card completely and replaced it with a new one and still the problem is there. I tried to select another operator and back to my operator and it said "Currently not available."

Also, when getting closer to where my phone works normally, I don't need to restart the phone or do a network search, it just works automatically, without my interference. It's very weird that it's in two different areas of the city, one in north east and the other is southwest, and I can tell you how far these are from eachother, about 50+km. In the middle it works fine.

My mobile operator support is really confused and they don't know what the problem is. I don't want to tell them that this problem showed up after the upgrade because they'll strictly blame it on the phone while it could be coincidence. However, experiencing this problem for over a week now, I thought I'd post here if someone might have any information for me.

I upgraded the firmware using SEUS downloaded from their website, I don't care about customization or anything, I already don't have a branded phone, all I need are just some basic stuff, themes, tones...etc which I'm very much familiar with so I can live with it. I wasn't actually going to upgrade for it wasn't that pictures are saved much faster and I could actually tell the difference.

Anyone got something for me here? I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks.

Ah, my EROM: R3A011, not sure how to make it R3A016, and I'm pretty sure my CID is not 51 which I also know nothing about.

Looking forward for your support.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ali Abou-Zeid

P.S (I tried a SIM Card of a friend who's a subscriber with the other operator and it worked fine).
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi