Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > AMERICA ~(^-^)~ IRAQ

Author AMERICA ~(^-^)~ IRAQ
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-08 15:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sounds like blanket hatred against a country because of the wrongs of the past or of their government. It's this kind of hatred, and a stubbornness to change their point of view that causes these kinds of problems.

Admittedly, some of what Israel has done hasn't exactly helped. But fighting violence with violence, it's plain now IT DOESN'T BLOODY WORK!!!!!! It just makes both sides dig their heels in harder and makes them more determined. So Israel bombing suspected terrorists in Occupied terrirories doesn't work. Palestinian suicide bombers blowing up schoolkids on their way to school in rush hour traffic doesn't work. Blowing up trains in London doesn't work, just as blowing half of Iraq up hasn't worked (though I'm sure the Iraqis are happy to be free of Saddam!) When will these morons realise this? It just feeds further into the vicious circle of hate.

By the way, what's a Zionist? I've heard this term many times, I best know it as part of a Bob Marley song - "Iron, Lion, Zion!"
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

soulframe
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-08 16:37
This is a very interesting site. I reccomend everyone read it, hopefully it will make some people understand the current situation in Palestine.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/
P.E.A.C.E (Proper Education Always Corrects Errors)
www.davidicke.com
www.infowars.com
www.prisonplanet.com
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-08 16:45
Err... did you say my Government?

I am a New Zealander, I am not a US citizen.
I do hold to Christian beliefs, and I have Centre-right political views that I have developed over a long period of time, listening to the views of ALL sides.

In my country, we have just commemorated the 20th anniversay of the only terrorist incident in our history.

In 1984 the Labour Government swept to power and declared NZ nuclear-free, the first country in the world to do so. In 1985, Greenpeace parked thier ship RAINBOW WARRIOR in Auckland Harbour to prepare for Anti-Nuclear Protests against French Nuclear Testing in the pacific.
The French Government sent it's secret service into NZ and under cover of darkness, divers planted 2 explosive devices on the hull of the ship. The ship was sunk, and 1 crewmember was killed.
My parent's took my sister and I to see the wreck.
Two French agents posing as Swiss tourists were apprehended as they returned thier rental car. Thier names were: Dominic Preur (female) and Alain Mafar (male). Three other French agents were discovered sailing to Norfolk Island but the Australian Government refused to detain them longer than 24 hours so they met a French Submarine, scuttled thier boat and got away scot free.
We tried the 2 French Agents in court, and they were found Guilty and sentenced to Life Inprisionment.
Then the French Government pulled out the big stick. NZ was told in no uncertain terms that if the agents were not returned, the France would have our exported goods banished from EU markets. Faced with losing our biggest export market and financial ruin, our Prime Minister negotiated for the Agents to serve thier sentences at a French Military base in the Pacific, and for Greenpeace to recieve $13M compensation. France agreed.
But within 3 years, excuses were made and the Agents ended up back in France where they recieved a heroes welcome and awarded medals!

DURING ALL THIS, THE AUSTRALIAN, BRITISH, AND AMERICAN GOVERNMENTS TURNED A BLIND EYE TO OUR PLIGHT. WE RECIEVED NO DIPLOMATIC ASSISTANCE OR INTELLIGENCE TO ASSIST WITH OUR INVESTIGATIONS WHEN REQUESTED.

We in NZ would never dream of ignoring these countries in thier hour of need and we do not blame thier citizens. But you should know that a double standard existed when it came to apprehending terrorists and fighting terrorism. And France should be ashamed of itself.

GOOGLE it if you want, It's all true.

How would Londoners feel if the British Government apprehended those responsible only to be treated in this manner?
Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming Londoners. We all feel for them and thier loss, just as we feel for New Yorkers with the events of Sept 11.

I know that President Bush and the American armed forces work tirelessly to bring terrorists to justice and I commend thier efforts. It's a vast improvment over the attitudes of the 1980's.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-08 17:38
Sure, Iraqis were happy to get rid of Saddam. I just wonder how long that lasted? Now they're stuck with an American occupation. I know people don't like tyrants but I feel a lot of Arabs still have the mentality that the ones they know are better then the ones they don't. That's basically why the don't have to many revolutions. As long as their ruled by a fellow countryman they usually just complain but few really act, at least among the simpler people with little or no education, which saddly are a big portion of the Arab population in general. But when it comes to a foregin ruler or troops they tend to be a lot less tolerant.

I think America's been in Iraq for too long. Claiming that they'll leave when Iraq is safe just means they really don't have a plan to pull out. Vioulence will always be there since the Iraqis will still see ocupation forces towards which most of the violence will be directed.

On oil prices, I think the prices will remain to go up untill countries actually realise they need more refineries. Discovering more oil won't help much if you can't process it.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-08 18:50
Well said. I'm concerned though that once the Americans are gone, the terrorists will retaliate against those Arabs they percieve to be pro-American traitors. These people are always angry at someone. The violence will continue until they are caught.

Unfortunately, only the Americans have the resources and the will to catch them and they know it. It's a lose/lose situation for the US but like I said, I commend thier efforts.
cycne
W600 red
PM
Posted: 2005-07-08 19:30
@carkitter Dude who will answer for the thousands of innocents who have been killed by americans . And on what issues do you say that iraq is a nation full of terrorists.?

This message was posted from a Nokia

numnums
T630
PM
Posted: 2005-07-08 23:34
i don't think anyone on this board feels that terrorism solves anything. it's obvious that there are people in this world who are frustrated because no one is listening to them, so they turn to acts of terrorism. what we really need is communication instead of violence.

now that the acts of terrorism have happened, i don't see a problem with bringing guilty people to justice - but look at how the U.S. is doing it. Bush has killed many innocent people and is taking Iraqi oil as "war booty" i suppose. this is a problem. how can Bush claim to have higher moral standards than his enemies? he is a liar and a thief. his only good deeds were removing the taliban and saddam. but look what has happened since. they are moving MORE drugs out of afghanistan, and building an oil pipeline (more profits for Bush/Cheney/Rummy). and Iraq is a warzone with no real plan to remove troops.

i'm sure many Iraqis are glad Saddam was removed. but if troops stayed in my country occupying my land and taking my resources, i have to say i'd be pretty angry too. and terrorism is only going to rise if Bush keeps "solving" terrorism in this manner.
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-07-09 11:50
nicely said!
cycne
W600 red
PM
Posted: 2005-07-09 19:33
How can america talk of WMD's when they are the first and the only nation who have used a nuclear bomb and the first nation to use a biological weapon ... ?

whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-09 19:53
That was a long time ago my friend!
T230 >> T610 >> Ngage QD >> N73 >> N85 >> Omnia HD >> And countless other review units
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-09 19:55
Maybe a long time ago but they still are responsible for millions of innocent people's deaths.

[ This Message was edited by: axxxr on 2005-07-09 18:55 ]
cycne
W600 red
PM
Posted: 2005-07-09 20:01
@whizkidd if we are talking about what they are doing ..... They are just stealing whatever the resources they have and if someone tries to oppose them then they kill them and say that they are terrorists ........

carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-10 14:45
Quote:

On 2005-07-08 19:30:33, cycne wrote:
@carkitter Dude who will answer for the thousands of innocents who have been killed by americans . And on what issues do you say that iraq is a nation full of terrorists?

I did not say that Iraq is a nation of terrorists.
Iraq is not a nation of terrorists. No country is a nation of terrorists, be they an Arab nation or a Western nation.
Some nations have terrorists living in them. Some Governments support terrorism - Afghanistan's Teleban for instance.

American Soldiers do not intentionally kill innocents. Terrorists do.
Sometimes innocents are caught up in the fighting. This happens because the terrorists hide out in schools and hospitals and hold meetings in rooms full of children so that any military action affects these innocents too. Would you put your loved ones in harms way?
These people have no consciences and that makes them very dangerous.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-10 16:11
Quote:

On 2005-07-09 19:33:36, cycne wrote:
How can america talk of WMD's when they are the first and the only nation who have used a nuclear bomb and the first nation to use a biological weapon ...

America did not want to enter WW2, they were brought into it by Japan's attack on Pearl Harbour. I don't like what happened at Hiroshima and Nagasaki either, in fact it makes me sick to my stomach; but it did end the war in the pacific and prevented more lives being lost.
Remember, Japan invented the modern concept of Suicide Bombers with the Kamikaze pilots and the US had to do something fast...

The biological weapon you refer to is Agent Orange? I believe this was a De-foliant chemical not a poisonious gas. It was later found to be poisonous; if that was known at the time the US would not have sprayed it's OWN troops with it.
Speaking of poisonous gas, would the gas used by Hitler's concentration camps count? It pre-dates Agent Orange by about 25 years.
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-10 16:15
Some nice inputs carkitter
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi