Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > K750i flash MXE-60 mini review

Previous  12
Author K750i flash MXE-60 mini review
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2005-07-07 18:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hmm red eye reduction is done by distance between k750i camera and mxe-60, if i'm not wrong. And You are not the only one dissapointed, that You can't force flash to go on.
eza
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-03 23:16
So I think it's great, except that it shines the LED on the phone before taking using the flash to take the picture. This isn't good. For example, I like to take pictures of my girlfriend and I at night but when the light comes on I'm blinded and can't see us in the little mirror for self pictures, and then the flash goes off when you actually take the picture. Pretty annoying.

Unless there's a setting somewhere to turn the LED off completely, it's not that useful, at least for taking pictures of people that might try and look at the camera.
matthewf01
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-10-25 06:27
Quote:

On 2005-08-03 23:16:40, eza wrote:
So I think it's great, except that it shines the LED on the phone before taking using the flash to take the picture. This isn't good. For example, I like to take pictures of my girlfriend and I at night but when the light comes on I'm blinded and can't see us in the little mirror for self pictures, and then the flash goes off when you actually take the picture. Pretty annoying.

Unless there's a setting somewhere to turn the LED off completely, it's not that useful, at least for taking pictures of people that might try and look at the camera.

thats the red eye reduction technique its employing.

a pre-flash light that shrinks your retinas so less light bounces off the back of your eyes and back out...
Tervel
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-11-04 00:29
The built in LED also assists with the AutoFocus which wouldn't work without it in dark environment. I really like mine but I would also like to have control over when it comes on. Sometimes the phone cranks up the ISO instead of strobing the subject and that generates lots of noise. I'd really like to have a bit more control over the camera (ISO, shutter speed and MAYBE even focus distance).
kristianm
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-20 11:08
Does this problem happen to you guys?

MOST of the time, when I use the MXE-60 connected to the phone, the first shot turns out as if the flash hadn't been used even though it went off (I'm thinking that the flash and phone don't synch; could be that the flash lighted a moment earlier when the camera takes the shot, or the other way around). But for subsequent shots, it works fine.

Sometimes it's also disappointing that the auto mode of the flash isn't that accurate. More often than not it's not that strong, which makes my pictures also somewhat dim/dark.

I'm using W800 R1AA008.
B.J.
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-01-04 08:10
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-04 08:23
Quote:

On 2005-12-20 11:08:07, kristianm wrote:

MOST of the time, when I use the MXE-60 connected to the phone, the first shot turns out as if the flash hadn't been used even though it went off (I'm thinking that the flash and phone don't synch; could be that the flash lighted a moment earlier when the camera takes the shot, or the other way around). But for subsequent shots, it works fine.

Sometimes it's also disappointing that the auto mode of the flash isn't that accurate. More often than not it's not that strong, which makes my pictures also somewhat dim/dark.

I'm using W800 R1AA008.

forgive my intrusion... but did the MXE finish charging itself.. like the small green led aint blinking? you said it only occurs on the first shot... kindly double check.
"Darkness is the absence of light.. and not the opposite..."
B.J.
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-01-04 08:28
just an update for those havin probs regarding the mxe 60 flash.

Techniques i've learned:

1 some shots would'nt appear lighted even though the flash turned on.
- well, tough luck, nothing you can do bout that, since i believe it's the fone's lag.

2. low flash

- there are some shots were in the flash turned out to have weak brightness, well thing is, i noticed that it has somethig to do with the connection, what i do is i push it towards the fone while taking the shots, sometimes, i bent it just a bit, something like 1 1/2 degrees leaning to the front or back and still pushing it on the fone while taking the pictures, i do not know if it is just a hoax but as for me, it worked.

3. trying to flash in a lighted area

- a major disadvantage of the flash is that it's spoiled, he falshes only when he likes to, and you can['t force him. But ive found a way for it to flash even in a lighted condition.
In here, you will only need anything to cover the lens, it must be something that when the camera is on and you are covering it with the instrument you have used, the viewfinder would project an image of darkness, note that if you still can see in the viewfinder something or any bright spots, chances are, it won't work.

Then afterwards, it's only some techniques and you can do it on your own:
1 make sure that when you cover the lens, the only thing you would cover is the lens, and not the LEDs.
2 focus firt on the object you are shooting, and when the fone has focused,
3 cover the lens with the material you have used. the viewfinder will now see nothing on the view finder.

4 while the lens is covered, press shoot, and then just before the fone takes a shot, uncover the lens,

now when the shot is taken, even in the broad brightness the flash would turn on

P.s. for the non believers, i would post pix taken later using the said instructions, enjoy.

Hi I'm Brye. A friend of the United States of America. An enemy of the Underground Man Looking Alien Creatures.
kristianm
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-04 09:48
Quote:

On 2006-01-04 08:23:34, rockygali wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-12-20 11:08:07, kristianm wrote:

I'm using W800 R1AA008.

forgive my intrusion... but did the MXE finish charging itself.. like the small green led aint blinking? you said it only occurs on the first shot... kindly double check.

Yes, I always took a picture when the green LED on the MXE-60 is steadily lighted. And besides it lights up on those first shots.
calvin_gsc
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-07-02 11:05
I just got my mxe-60. So, is there any technique which we can use to force flash on our unit?
jleosza
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-07-07 23:57
nice adapter...but its quite expensive here in brazil =( about 50 dollars...
W800i RIBC002
-camdriver 2.71 -no hissing -modified menu and player
sohail600
W880 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-01 17:53
um may i ask what is that program on first post. what does it do
Neo-Tech
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-01 18:24