Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750i on vodafone

Author K750i on vodafone
kagi
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-14 18:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am suffering from Vodafone too. On 27th May, I ordered PAC code from Voda. on 1st June, Voda called me and offered me a fantastic deal:

350 mins+500 txt for 18 months contract for £40 per month.

At that time, I was looking around at Carphonewharehouse for an upgrade already. I have been waiting for K750i for months.

When I placed an order for upgrade with Voda, I especially requested and declared that I want a black K750i otherwise I will go elsewhere. The Voda sale rep. reassured me that it won't be a problem. So i went ahead with their upgrade.

However, the parcel was late, and delivered to a wrong address. The model I received at the end it's SILVER K750i branded one. I was quite pissed off at Voda already.

I called up every single day to VODA CS. I spoke to at least 20 people, and they all gave me a completely diverse stories about whether they ahve BLACK K750i. They asked me to wait and call back.

Anyway, today 14 June 2005. I spoke to another gal, she was so blunt and called Lewis. She said nothing she can do. I was so frustrating on how poor service, and inconsistent and incompetent services/info they passed to me.

Therefore, I asked VODA to pick up the mobile back and cancel the upgrade. I don't even open it at all for the pass 8 days I had them.

Is there anyone has written a complaint letter to VODAFONE?

I am very disappointed the way the manuplated my time and trust on their services. I am going to write them a compliant letter.

However, it's so pity that I will lose the FANTASTIC UPGRADE plan.
tuesnightspecial
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-14 19:10
OMG Kagi - the same thing happened to me last week. I asked for my PAC code, got a call a couple of days later and was made a very good offer. I said that there was one simple request that was a deal-breaker a black (i.e. non-Voda Live) handset. I was told they could do this and guess what turned up - a silver Voda Live Handset.

The receipt I got in the post yesterday described it clearly and so when they input the order on the system there can be little doubt that they knew it would not be black.

This is shocking behaviour but believable. I'd complain if I thought it would do any good.

I sent the phone back the next day and cancelled the upgrade - at least the courier will have cost them something! My PAC code is on its way again and I can't see me trusting them should they try and retain my business again.

I am off to another network now (whomever will offer me the K750i unbranded), which is the best way I can think of to show my dissatisfaction.
synagence
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-15 08:54
I heard that Vodafone has requested that SE stop distributing the DRM packager....

Can't seem to see it in the site anymore...guess they weren't happy about customers not paying for their content....

The restriction of mp3/mp4 and the hideous branding are the reasons i will never go back to vodafone....sticking with O2 despite their issues sometimes i find them the cheapest "big" network...

eeperman
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-15 11:07
Or go to Orange who have great customer service and you can now pretty much debrand the handset.
chloekwan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-15 11:45
is there anyway i can use the mp3 i transfered as my reingtone on my crap annoying voda k750i
kagi
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-15 15:57
tuesnightspecial, it's half of the business day has gone now. Parcelline from Vodafone still hasn't turned up yet.

That lady from Vodafone - Lewis, asked me to trust her this time, they will be able to pick up the handset from the address diff from my billing one. I dont' understand why VODAFONE don't collect it from their branch where I can drop off. and 100% will have people around.

I am going to get K750i or upgrade from a different retailer, probably Carephonewhare house for a sim-free one.

Do you guys have any other suggestions of which company i should go for upgrade?
Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-16 00:19
Ugh the icons are somewhat livable.. The colour, actually the silver is nice.

What I couldn't stand is the fact they killed the activity button and just made it into a live button.. When it was only the "more" option it wasn't like they hamstrung the phone overly. But making the activity button a wap button just screams of the handset being hamstrung of any useful.
luckynewboy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-16 01:32
"Lucky new boy" ... or am I?

Apologies for what may appear a very silly question.

Today I was given a brand new k750i handset, silver and branded Vodafone live... I am an o2 customer and just want to change sims, and use the handset... Can I do this?
whodoneit
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-16 01:42
Quote:

On 2005-06-16 01:32:26, luckynewboy wrote:
"Lucky new boy" ... or am I?

Apologies for what may appear a very silly question.

Today I was given a brand new k750i handset, silver and branded Vodafone live... I am an o2 customer and just want to change sims, and use the handset... Can I do this?

Nope. It would need to be unlocked and I'm unsure wether or not vodafone would unlock it for you. Give them a call.
luckynewboy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-16 02:04
Obviously not in Vodafones interest to "unlock the phone, hence me finding the Esato site and asking the questions! Can anyone else assist in me utilising my " lucky " gift
whodoneit
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-16 21:13
Quote:

On 2005-06-16 02:04:15, luckynewboy wrote:
Obviously not in Vodafones interest to "unlock the phone, hence me finding the Esato site and asking the questions! Can anyone else assist in me utilising my " lucky " gift

NO ASSHOLE!
tuesnightspecial
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-16 23:05
Hey Kagi - what happened in the end???

Vodafone continue to prove their incompetency - they still haven't sent me my PAC code a week later. The customer service person I spoke to this time promised some kind of urgent sending of the code, text message promised!! Who knows whether the muppets will deliver this time.

Only way to be sure is to go to the high street!!
kagi
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-17 16:00
I have a confirmation by EMAIL from Vodafone that they don't do sim-free K750i.

Parcelline came and picked up the model already. However, my upgrade hasn't been cancelled as promised. The CS promised to send me a SMS to confirm they cancel my upgrade.

I don't have time to chase up these two days. I am definitely not impressed.

I even called up to ask whether there is an alternative on solving the mobile phone issue against my requirement.

Obviously they are just a operator, rather than Customer Service whom should be tailor-made their service to individual customer's needs.

-----Original Message-----
From: ccare.webmails@vf.vodafone.co.uk [mailto:ccare.webmails@vf.vodafone.co.uk]
Sent: 17 June 2005 08:50
To: Kagi
Subject: RE:Pay monthly [#1217993]

Dear Miss K,

re: My phone no.

Thankyou for your mail regarding handsets.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I can confirm we only sell the branded handsets.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Mark Taylor
Customer Operations. Vodafone Limited.
Andy-rew
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-17 17:30
Interesting.

Well i just got an email from voda saying the opposite!!

I asked if i would be able to have an unbranded phone with an online contract.... the reply was ...

"The Sony Ericsson K750i is also available in the non Live version, you would need to specify at purchase point whether you wanted the Vodafone Live! version or not."

... so she's saying i could have it unbranded if i wanted??
ppen2
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-18 00:12
Does anyone know what's underneath the "Vodafone" logo? If we were to peel it off do you think it would show "quickshare" like this:

Who has the balls to peel his off?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi