Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750i on vodafone

Author K750i on vodafone
jmbillings
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-05 19:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I figured they would do the same as with the K700, so I got my PAC code and took out a new contract with CPW (still on Voda) but I got the unmolested version for free. That'll learn em (if they care!)
JimDut
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-05 21:35
I have to say I really disappointed to be reading some of these messages.

I have recently order the K750i with Voda (first time I've ever been on contract) I actually have the phone sitting here right now but I cant use it as they've sent me the 'blasted Aluminum' colour rather than the black. Waiting for them to contact me regarding an exchange.

I had to put up with Orange's Branding on the K700i and now it looks like I'm going to have the same problem with Voda!

Its extremely frustrating buying something and not actually recieving all the features you'd expect. I really do hope there is some kind of 'safe' way to get rid of this branding!
WWW.RSSTOC.COM - The Premier Ford Fiesta RS - ST Owners Club
nickil85
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-05 22:17
contrary to the rumours...it seems they're only doing the silver version...at least thats what Customer services seem to think...so you might be stuck with it
JimDut
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-05 22:34
Yea they've said they're not sure either but to wait a week or so.

To be honest that will give me enough time to decide whether its wise going with them or not. The deal I'm getting is fantastic (mate works for Voda) but that doesn't mean I want the wrong phone or one with frustrating branding.

Perhaps time to start looking into Sim Free.
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2005-06-05 23:55
The aluminium one isn't that bad. But the branding, if similar to the K700 on voda is really poor. This kind of topic was brought up when the K700 first came out, both Orange and Voda messed around with shortcuts and menu icons.

I think even Orange disabled the text alert pop-up on the K700!

People might knock O2, but at least you can say they do minimal alterations to the firmware on the phone - that's why if im not going sim-free, i'd stick to O2.

My O2 K750i is pretty untainted and i much prefer the orginal SE icons, not some crappy vodafone clipart.

Btw, anyone got any pictures to see how bad the voda branding is?

[ This Message was edited by: rickster2kuk on 2005-06-05 22:56 ]
JimDut
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-08 00:07
Well I contacted Voda, they said even though I'm returning the phone next week I'm ok having a play around with it... (they sent me a Silver one instead of black... yea I know but I like the black one)

The menu is pants... Very basic looking and does the phone no justice. It looks like some of the games are missing (not that I really care) The 'Red' theme (although I know this can be changed) is also pants.

Here's a pic of the menu screen (hope it comes out ok)

So frustrating that Voda have to mess about with the phone... I'm honestly thinking about returning it and going with O2.

On a good note... the phone seems fantastic and I'm truely impressed with the camera.

PS on Voda the shortcut menu has not been restricted.

Jim

[ This Message was edited by: JimDut on 2005-06-07 23:08 ]
JT
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-08 14:14
Well now you know. Never buy a phone from Vodafone.
monkey73
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 14:28
As I always get a great deal with Voda (been with them for 10yrs) - I'm just about to get my K750 upgrade.

Just checking that they haven't disabled the ability to have an mp3 text alert, like the "normal" k750 can.

Also - anyone know if the K750 can be un-locked/flashed etc yet eg. davinci/totalserver etc...???? Did this with my K700 and it worked a treat.

Ta
marran
T300
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 14:52
the silver looks very nice from the back.
I HBH-DS970
mwarner
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-09 14:59
@monkey73
I should imagine that you can have an MP3 as a text alert, but vodaphone probably restrict it to DRMed MP3s only.
I haven't actually played with a Voda K750, so I am not sure. Just an educated guess!
Phantomlynx
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 17:42
Quote:

On 2005-06-09 14:59:39, mwarner wrote:
@monkey73
I should imagine that you can have an MP3 as a text alert, but vodaphone probably restrict it to DRMed MP3s only.

That's right. I've got one and as long as you use the DRM you can use them as ring tones.

I haven't seen an 'ordinary' version of this phone but I like it. They have apparently taken away a number of ring tones (you only geta few realtively naff ones) and games too, but if yuo look around and upload stuff I feel you ca npretty much get around this.

For me, the deal they gave me made it worth putting up with this.

NB>> the last 2 phones I got from Vodafone are both locked to vodafone, whic seems areally backwards move!
JimDut
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-10 00:13
I've just looked, you can use MP3/4 tones as your Text Alert.

monkey73
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-10 09:41
Fantastic news - can't wait for it to arrive today... I do actually like the silver finish on it.

As you say the ringtones etc that you get (as well as the unbranded version) are always naff - so have got all my pics/tones/themes ready to uplaod - yay !!

Thank your help.
ppen2
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-10 13:41
I was just wondering what's underneath the vodafone label at the bottom of the phone. Do you think if we removed it it would show "quickshare" similar to the original black ones?

I really hate the silver version so if anyone actually manages to swap it for a black untainted one, please let me know.

oh, and does anyone know where I can get the original games that came with the unbranded version? vodafone removed all games and replaced them with three demo versions which are just plain horrible.

[ This Message was edited by: ppen2 on 2005-06-10 12:43 ]
rmg
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-14 18:00
Quote:

On 2005-06-04 23:27:22, ppen2 wrote:
Is it possible to flash this phone to the generic SE firmware using the USB cable? The menus are ok but not great. The activity button is linked to vodafone live! and can't be changed. Overall, i much prefer SE's own software rather than spoint

Can the voda 750 be flashed to generic fw yet?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi