Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750i - Does it live up to the hype ? Owners post here

Author K750i - Does it live up to the hype ? Owners post here
huwl
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 20:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi, has anyone got this phone on Orange UK yet? Just wondered if they are likely to have "damaged" the operation of the phone as much as they did with the K700? I've ordered mine from Orange Sales line and it should be with me this Thursday.

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 20:49
allow me to link you to the "K750i out end MAy 05 on Orange UK" thread
TheWhizz_68
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 20:52
I never had problems with the camera slide but i did have problems sometimes with the battery cover, sometimes it never met the phone correctly in fitting.

Would like to see the insides of a k750i to see what sort of protection is in place in regards to dust around the joystick area.

Go on , who will be the first to dismantle one
Trentors
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 21:00
Quote:

On 2005-05-23 23:33:57, nicky-j wrote:
right can i ask does the K750i say charged when its finished?mine just keeps saying charging even though the bar is full?

i know it is a stupid question but any help would be cool

not very clued up with all these new phones!!

Use the phone-status option (press either the volume up or down twice on the standby screen - when the phone is not playing any media). It show how many percent the battery is charged (nice new feature btw) - if it says 100 percent then it would safe to say that your phone is fully charged

Anyway. I love this phone. It takes all the great features K700 and improves them - like an option to activate the loudspeaker when the phone is dialling etc.

The battery life is superb. I have used it as a walkman for 8 hours today (3 hours with loudspeaker), talked for 2-3 hours, used bluetooth+infared. Even took some pictures and done som playing around with its features.... And the phone still has 30 percent battery left - Amazing

Camera is excellent. It is not on par with a real digicam but its getting close. I have seen som really awful pictures taken with this phone and wasn't expecting much. But the ones who took these pictures must really have a special talent for getting the worst out of this device because every picture i take looks totally awesome compared.

The mediaplayer is nice and the playlist-option is really usefull. For once it seems like a combined MP3-player and phone that is worth using (when you add a larger memory stick that is). The headphones are not the best but when the W800 gets out you could buy its headset which should be far better.

Higly recommended (and if there ever where any "hype" i lives fully up to it)....
AMD
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 21:42
Can any K750 owner tell me if it is possible to charge the phone and make a call with a wired handsfree at the same time, like we could do with the old SE and Ericssons. Or connect charger and the computer USB cabel at the same time. Because that is a major problem for us people who makes a lot of calls.

Thanks in advance
MaDnEzZ
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 21:48
nope, as far as i can tell there is no way to charge and talk on a wired hands free at the same time, because they both use the same connection so its kinda weird like that

@Trentors

the older ericsson and sony ericsson fones had that feature of telling how long is left on the battery, notably the T68i
N95 and K800i
AMD
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 21:54
[quote]
On 2005-05-24 21:48:17, MaDnEzZ wrote:
nope, as far as i can tell there is no way to charge and talk on a wired hands free at the same time, because they both use the same connection so its kinda weird like that

Yes I know that they use the same port for charger and hands free, but if you have seen a DCU-11 USB cabel, it has a port in it so you can plug the charger on it. So you plug the USB cabel on your phone and then the charger on the USB cabel. Is that possible on the new port? If not I am not buying a K750 now, I have to waite for SE to produce phones with micro jack, like they have on the P series.
MaDnEzZ
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 22:00
well, with the accessories, that came in the box, there is no way to talk and charger at the same time the way you want to, if sony ericsson release cable for the fastport which can do what the DCU-11 cable can do then it should be possible
N95 and K800i
Trentors
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 22:09
Quote:

On 2005-05-24 21:48:17, MaDnEzZ wrote:

@Trentors

the older ericsson and sony ericsson fones had that feature of telling how long is left on the battery, notably the T68i

Yes and it wasn't very good at it. It was an estimate based on the signal strength conditions and backlight timing etc. It was very unprecise and thats why SE removed it. The new percent indicator is much more usefull and is a nice addittion

You can't charge while using the headset. If that's a problem you could use bluetooth instead - besides it has an incredible battery perfomance so I doubt that many people will find this to be a problem. The phone CHARGES whenever its plugged into the USB-port of a computer - even during file transfers. Though it goes without saying that using an ordinary charger is faster.
AMD
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 22:11
Quote:

On 2005-05-24 22:00:20, MaDnEzZ wrote:
well, with the accessories, that came in the box, there is no way to talk and charger at the same time the way you want to, if sony ericsson release cable for the fastport which can do what the DCU-11 cable can do then it should be possible

thanks a lot for your fast answers
MaDnEzZ
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 22:18
@AMD np

@Trentors
oo i c, my mistake then, yeh the battery life is pretty good so far, cant comment that much as its only been 3days since i got it, but i charged it on sunday night fully, then from monday till to with heavy heavy usege, around 30pics take with 5mins of video on top, 30 mins mp3, 30 mins radio, sum video clips around 1hr worth of calls, so far the battery is down to 48% which in my books is very very good

PSP Value Pack
Need for speed undergound : rivals
Wipeout Pure
Lumines
NBA Street: showdown
Fifa

[ This Message was edited by: MaDnEzZ on 2005-05-24 21:20 ]
$hé®îNghÀm3:16
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 23:39
All those which have theres on an o2 contract... can you tell me whether its actually locked on o2 or can you put any networked sim in?
As tommorw i might have a chance of gettin it from o2 (i went today and they said it was a contract phone only after... they got the phone out ready for me to buy on sim-free) though i need to know are there phones actually all branded. Are the phones which they're going to use for contract restricted to o2 only whereas the ones which they were supposed to sell sim-free, sim-free BEFORE SHIPPED?
As of tommorw my bro knows one of the managers and i dont want a k750 which was meant to be for contract. (ends up being locked to o2)

Any help would be appreciated.
p.s sorry if i posted in the wrong thread, just that soo many people have it in here.
MaDnEzZ
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 23:47
mines on o2 contract, but i have my tmobile sim in there, so yes its unlocked to all networks, the only thing is that shut down screen, and the top left icon in the menu says o2 thats it, and u cant deleted the o2 pictures that are already in there, but its o2, there branding is extremly minimal
N95 and K800i
$hé®îNghÀm3:16
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-25 00:46
Quote:

On 2005-05-24 23:47:08, MaDnEzZ wrote:
mines on o2 contract, but i have my tmobile sim in there, so yes its unlocked to all networks, the only thing is that shut down screen, and the top left icon in the menu says o2 thats it, and u cant deleted the o2 pictures that are already in there, but its o2, there branding is extremly minimal

Thanks for the help mate... one other thing
Do the 'sim-frees' which some o2 shops release, have this minor branding too?
Sim free £299.99
jeko.uk
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2005-05-25 00:49
if its sim free it shouldnt have any branding at all
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic