Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson have not been innovative

Previous  123 45 ... 161718  Next
Author Sony Ericsson have not been innovative
B.J.
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 18:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
ever tried playing gran turismo? there are "those"-->( the mass, the standard way of thinking) and the not those ---> (those who are creative and imaginative, sometimes called unique but usely regarded as weird)
well, the "those" people playing gran turismo would certainly tell themselves, "i hope my car had a turbo and it would be faster and i hope there are new car models in this game"

and the "not those" would probably tell themselves "i hope there are cars here in the game that can fly... gran turismo designers are stupid."

from this point on, the designers of gran turismo would opt to design the game to the mass who would prefer a more realistic design and the thing they can have to enhance what they have. they can opt to design the game with flying cars(which they can) but did not since this would not be what the market wants.

In the same way, SE would prefer to give the masses a more ENHANCED (rather than new and innovative) phone that can lengthen bluetooth by another 10m, clearer cam, a longer battery life and a stylish new design rather than offering:
-phones that can be disposed and recycled away (which we can
all do in our regular phone with the use a hammer or fry pan)
-release a phone which you can bring down to while swimming in the
pool
or
-phones with DVD player

in this way, they can save money from the designing team and productions, and if they would ever release a fone with a 5megapixel cam or a 20 or 40gig phone, then they won't have any sales anymore. Why?
because, anything more than 5mp and 20-40gig memory is unsellable because those mentioned are the standard and too much for average joe, then they would opt too sell poor and blinded average joe with a 1.3mp cam fone and average joe would buy, after some months they would release 2mp cam phone and again average joe would be drooling and eventually buy that and then they would release another fone with a better cam without any new innovations and poor old average joe would again spend his dough buying that new fone? try reminiscing, and answer this question = for the past 3-5 years, how many fones have you bought? in those 5 fones or so, how much did SE (a name that we trust most) stolen from you? for that past 3-5 years, a 5 or 10 mp cam and a high resolution,brilliant LCD/TFT screen and a 20gigmp3/4 is already available in the market but SE did not opt to merge this to their fone since this would be a great "innovation" and after the great
"innovation-fone-wid-10mpcam-and262kscreen-wid20gigmp3-player" is released then there would not be another fone to be sold.
remember one of the golden rule in business- businessmen work for their own profit, they do not create quality products for the consumers sake, but hence they do it so that they can earn more from the consumers. and a huge leap such as this would cause the desgining team headaches and more money from SE is needed to be payed for this headached designers- so unrealistic

i myself am an average joe, and from my own point of view, i cannot do anything, i have to bite SE's new trick in stealing money from my purse. Sad and unbelievable but true.. so unless Esato would start to build its own celfone company that aims for consumers sake rather than it's own profit, then we cannot do anything but wish and release our opinions in this thread.

[ This Message was edited by: B.J. on 2005-04-24 17:12 ]
cynik
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 19:09
Strange discussion mates. Me myself? I prefer the other companies to be innovative and SE follow them and highly IMPROVE the pioneers' innovations. God damn - the SL45 phone by Siemens was to be very innovative - you know, the mp3 player, all kinds of stuff. But it was buggy like hell.

Therefore we come to a simple conclusion. If cellphones will start to levitate some day I don't want SE to be the first one producing levitating cellphone.
I want SE to be the one producing THE BEST levitating phone on the market.
Yazan24
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-24 19:15
Its not the same thing, the designers for games try to keep it realistic, while technology designers try to do the exact opposite, if your theory is correct the wright brothers shouldve said, lets not build a plane, lets build something that doesnt defy boundaries lets keep it real and build a walking stick.

I personally love the innovative, and people who desire newer more innovative technologies are the MASSES.

If what your saying is correct then the T68 shouldve been a huge flop and the P800 shouldve been turned down by the MASSES because people thoought the phone was too amazing, and normally phones shouldnt do that.

Your analogy is way off.

Oh, and wouldnt you buy a phone with a DVD player if it was cost effective?

Adding Megapixels and memory isnt innovation, if I knew what was innovative in handsets, Id be a head for a major phone company.

Something new radical and implemented correctly, with correct functionality.

Samsungs 3d Motion detection phone, Thats Innovation, although not a practical one (thats why its not that popular) its nevertheless an innovation.

[ This Message was edited by: Yazan24 on 2005-04-24 18:19 ]
B.J.
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 20:51
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 19:15:54, Yazan24 wrote:
Its not the same thing, the designers for games try to keep it realistic, while technology designers try to do the exact opposite, if your theory is correct the wright brothers shouldve said, lets not build a plane, lets build something that doesnt defy boundaries lets keep it real and build a walking stick.

[ This Message was edited by: Yazan24 on 2005-04-24 18:19 ]

the wright brothers realized the dream that everyman on that time wished... remember Da Vinci's ideas? they weren't innovative.. instead they made things realized.. and they are not into business.. they are into themselves proving they can fly and their goal isn't set about profit or money, business co. like SE like real things to be realized after they have already earned money.. but anyways... doesnt matter... SE still isn't innovative and we are still hooked to it.. (atleast to some)

[ This Message was edited by: B.J. on 2005-04-24 19:52 ]
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-24 20:54
abit like ericsson, there many prodjects were aimed to improve our lives, to improve mankind. if they would've developed it for profit they wouldn've had so much dept.
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
B.J.
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 21:15
i don't want to be biased to SE...they are also one of the leading innovators but mostly they have that 65:45 ratio of copying techs and innovating new design and technology

usually, after they innovate new things, the design evolves rather than creating a new one..
just like in the design of k750 which resembled the t610 since they saw the t610's beauty to be a hot cake, but nonetheless, the resmblance of the k750 from the other fones ends there

another example of SE when it's not on it's innovative state (i'm sory for those whoa are in this thread, i'm not onto you guys i just want to show that SE sometimes do things which are already done..)

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=88298

Hi I'm Brye. A friend of the United States of America. An enemy of the Underground Man Looking Alien Creatures.
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 21:46
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 17:27:35, bart wrote:
not really. a good restructering would've sloved it aswell. and don't forget that the last line of ericsson was doing fine.
T66 was making good profit cause some people wanted the smallest phone availeble
T65 nice looking, and stronger then the averdge phone
T68m do i need to say? most historicle phone ever made untill today

keep in mind that the first couple of Q's SE had less marketshare then ericsson, even now they've got less marketshare.
and don't say that SE is more profitable, cause during the first Q's SE made a big loss.
like i said if ericsson restructured there mobile phone section, then they would've made it and we would've seen far more intresting things.

then tell me, why did they made the step and joined sony ericsson ?
B.J.
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 22:06
because they need to profit. i dont like where this is going.. my mind was right, i shouldn't have brought up this topic to you guys... i only want to prove that SE though copying ideas from other manufacturers are also innovators but slow in that aspect..
Hi I'm Brye. A friend of the United States of America. An enemy of the Underground Man Looking Alien Creatures.
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 22:13
i think you don't have to worry, this is a normal discussion - we don't bang our heats together - i know bart, and i respect him, i only want to know what i don't know

and btw, sony came up with a concept for their ps3 that also concerns the sony ericsson department - i don't find the articel at the moment, sorry

[ This Message was edited by: jack00 on 2005-04-24 21:16 ]
B.J.
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 23:06
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 22:13:15, jack00 wrote:
i think you don't have to worry, this is a normal discussion - we don't bang our heats together - i know bart, and i respect him, i only want to know what i don't know

and btw, sony came up with a concept for their ps3 that also concerns the sony ericsson department - i don't find the articel at the moment, sorry

just don't touch the Sony department, specially the playstation, TV, and the camera division or else i'm gonna eat everything that i say! dont you think mate? Besides my aircon and my lamp, almost every electric thingy in my room are Sony! (oh yes! i even use my Sony 10,000watt compo as my multimedia speaker!)
no to mention that my car use a 12 inch Sony xplod in the trunk

[ This Message was edited by: B.J. on 2005-04-24 22:08 ]
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 23:32
I don't get this conversation ...
"Ericsson did, Bluetooth, and Color screens. (Not only 4 color)"...

If 4color -> 16 color is inovative .. then why isn't 0,3mp -> 1,3mp -> 2mp digital zoom innovative?

or one side to dual side phones ..

or SEs batterys .. <-- innovative stuff there ..

or the design of the phones .. I feel that is innovative

or the cameraphone style .. or the musicphone style ..

you can see this things either as innovativeor just improvements ...

else u got ..Motion Cam ROB-1 ..Bluetooth™ car CAR-100 ..Laserpen ILP-20 ..Bluetooth™mediacenter MMV-200 ..Blue Torch IBT-20 ..Bluetooth™ Media Viewer MMV-100 ..Advanced Music Mute HCE-16 .. the gamepad fomr z600 .. the list can go on and on

or do you expect SE to make a phone with a motorcycle case, so u can drive around in your bike? .. be a bit realistic plz
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-24 23:35
because of SE the ericsson redjade was canceld otherwize it would've competed with the PSP.

jack they made the step to SE because ericsson had alot of debt, and the board of directors was seduced by sony.
sony it self is a great company i myself enjoy sony products and have several, but i know that other companies give me the same thing, or sometimes even more for less money.
sony has a good way of advertising and PR thats why ericsson took the bate.

a few years ago the CEO of ericsson changed, he's a smart person who brought back profit to the company, but on the other hand killed the dream of so many people incl many of ericssons empolyees.

oyea jack did you know ericsson was working and getting ready to lauch a new line of products, household products.
full controle over your house with your computer/smartphone.
ericsson even has such a house somewhere in sweden, the idea was to have such a house for most people within 5-8years, but i gues it sounds impossible now.
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
thecell
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-04-25 06:04
IMO, SE really innovative, let see :
- T610 ; the first smaller built in camera phone
- K700i ; the first smaller video phone
- S700i ; the first real digital camera phone
- P910i ; the first smartphone that have large screen on standard size (not too huge) which have many option for data input (Normal phone keypad, Qwerty keyboard, touchscreen, jogdial)
- K600i ; the first smallest 3G phone
- W800i ; the first real walkman phone.

Isn't that innovative ?? so what innovative do u guys talk about. What do u want from SE. I think SE doing a good job, they bringing us a phone that we really want.
B.J.
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-04-25 08:12
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 23:32:02, S4k1s wrote:

else u got ..Motion Cam ROB-1 ..Bluetooth™ car CAR-100 ..Laserpen ILP-20 ..Bluetooth™mediacenter MMV-200 ..Blue Torch IBT-20 ..Bluetooth™ Media Viewer MMV-100 ..Advanced Music Mute HCE-16 .. the gamepad fomr z600 .. the list can go on and on

i do think those really are times when SE is at its innovative state but that's the problem with too much innovation, it's not so much of a hot cake though those stuffs are cool i must agree... btw, how much is the motion cam and the bt car?
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-25 15:11
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 23:35:50, bart wrote:

oyea jack did you know ericsson was working and getting ready to lauch a new line of products, household products.
full controle over your house with your computer/smartphone.
ericsson even has such a house somewhere in sweden, the idea was to have such a house for most people within 5-8years, but i gues it sounds impossible now.

i know, you showed me the pics
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 161718  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic