Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 No network Access issues

Author V800 No network Access issues
Bobajobbob
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-03 19:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have the choice of GSM/3G and GSM only on my phone and it doesn't make any difference to my reception here. Even though I can see a couple of bars of GPRS, though even that signal is intermittant, and with GSM only selected I still have No network Access.

Oh well back to my trusty 6600 tomorrow. So far my experience of 3G and of SE has been less than spectacular.
Gunslinger
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-03 20:18
When I change from GSM/3G to GSM only my no network-problem diappears. I have (seemingly) full GSM/3G reception, but get three beeps when I try to call. When I change to GSM only it all works fine...
Gunslinger
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-06 21:13
@gbrooks3:

unbranded my V800 today. Really nice new icons and so on, but my no network problem remains unlike you. Funny thing about it. If I start a call and drive home, I will stay connected. However, if I hang up and try to call I get the three beeps. I still get 100% GSM and 100%3G coverage.

Does anybody have a clue to what the problem is. Either the two handsets I have tried are really f*cked up, or Voda has some serious problems with the 3G network in my area...
Bobajobbob
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-06 23:15
They took away my old phone today and replaced it with what looks like a second hand one...Mmm great. They also failed to include a battery so now I'm waiting for a new battery to arrive. With this kind of luck what are the chances that this replacement doesnt work either?
sevastos
Z800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-07 00:22
Vodafone f***** this phone totally!!!
Can you imagine how perfect would it be if SE had released this phone as a Z800 from the beggining???
paulobrasil
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-07 00:54
To upgrade, and to transform the v-800 in a z800, it is very easy, and to be liberated once and for all of vodafone. One already has it the cable T28 unlock it only spends 9 Eurus. You can upgrade oline in www.chollomovil.com

[ This Message was edited by: paulobrasil on 2005-04-06 23:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: paulobrasil on 2005-04-06 23:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: paulobrasil on 2005-04-07 00:01 ]
Gunslinger
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-09 13:39
OK, here is some new info regarding the no network issue. I tried a friends SIMcard from another operator and guess what? Everything worked fine! In my V800 flashed to Z800 using Vodafone I get the three beeps. With another operators SIM everthing is dandy. Conclusion: Vodafone needs to get a tech to have a look at the antenna that serves my area.
Bobajobbob
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-09 15:40
Have you tried your sim in a non 3g phone? If I switch to a my old 6600 with my sim I get perfect connectivity. With my v800 nothing. I ahve a new handset now but can't use it because they sent it to me without a battery and of course noone stocks the things because of the vodafone exclusive contract so I am sitting here waiting for Vodafone to send me another...zzz
redmott
V800
PM
Posted: 2005-04-09 18:50
i have had no trouble with my v800 what so ever.. i think you guys should stop messing around with the software, and stop trying to unbrand and upgrade.. use the phone as it came..if its no good send it back and get another type of handset.
have you ever thought..maybe vodafone dont want you messing with their baby!!
Bobajobbob
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-10 00:55
I have made no effort to unbrand my phone. It just doesn't work so it is either my handset or a problem with Vodafone 3G itself.
sevastos
Z800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-10 01:46
Quote:

On 2005-04-09 18:50:37, redmott wrote:
i have had no trouble with my v800 what so ever.. i think you guys should stop messing around with the software, and stop trying to unbrand and upgrade.. use the phone as it came..if its no good send it back and get another type of handset.

Hey, relax mate! What are you trying to prove here??? That you are the smart and "good" guy and all the others are stupid? Messing around? What everyone does it's his and only HIS business!!! Now, when someone needs sth, this is the right place to look for answers. If you don't like the topic, just ignore it, don't try to be the "smart" one here. Anyway, welcome to Esato!!! I see that this was your first post. What a great way to start!!! And by the way, the baby's "daddy" is the one who pays for it...
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-10 15:02
Quote:

On 2005-04-09 18:50:37, redmott wrote:

Just when people were saying Esato was becoming boring ...

This really isn't a good attitude to have on here, or any mobile forum to be honest. The members of mobile forums tend to be geeks and techies, we like modifying our handsets. As a point of interest, network branding is also software modification; the networks alter the firmware and install their own modified versions of it. Perhaps it is the networks who should leave SE's 'babys' alone?

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-04-10 14:03 ]
sevastos
Z800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-10 17:14
@redmott

I was new here too, but I respected the older or even the newer members. You have an attitude problem. I have the V800 since November and you have no right to tell me or anyone else what to do with my phone! Esato is a place where you can ask for help, give advices, talk for whatever you want, for the keyboard of your old cell phone, or even for your girlfriend's panties if you want to, BUT YOU CAN'T CRITICISE the other members in way like this, especially if that's your first post!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-10 17:33
I think the chap has gotten the message now, let's just welcome him to Esato and hope that he settles in.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-11 09:40
great to see how the seniority argument keeps coming back
Stiop pounding on every person who happens to have a mind of their own, software flashing and debranding isn't exactly the 'holy grail' of phone owner ship.

besides, in functionality there really is very little difference between the firmwares, it's mostly cosmetic changes and relocation of certain links, rather than completely omitting them. the real big downer on branded software is usually the locking of internet profiles... other than that it really isn't all that big a deal.

The guy has a point though, generally speaking phones are modified to be optimised to work with the networks services...... in other words unbranding it won't necessarily make it better.

I'll give you one example of what I've seen on my unbranded V800

With Vodafone software on it I could log in on esato lite and remain logged in, read my PM's, post replies and so on and so forth.
With unbranded software I can no longer remain logged in, I have the same problem as I have experienced on every other unbranded phone I've owned before and esato lite is once again beyond my reach.

Moral of the story: there's downsides to every software, even the 'holy' unbranded original software.

Now let's try and have a civilised conversation about this shall we?

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi