Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > World's First bluetooth Phone Glove!

12  Next
Author World's First bluetooth Phone Glove!
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-18 02:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Via: jasonbradbury.com

What a crazy but at the same time almost practicle idea?...This guy jason bradbury has built himself a bluetooth headset incorperated within a glove so that you can make or recieve a phone call with your hand wearing the glove in a phone position(as in phone hand gesture)!..Who knows the idea might even take off?

Made from a reconstituted Bluetooth headset and a gentleman's driving glove (well it had to be didn't it?) my phone glove will connect to any mobile phone that has Bluetooth. No wires, no plugs. With your phone stashed out of sight you can make and receive calls with your thumb as the speaker and little finger as mic.

I sandwiched the switch that came with the original Bluetooth headset between two small pieces of transparent plastic and heat sealed them together. Placed inside the glove's open knuckle the switch is activated by me flexing my wrist. With a flick of the wrist I can answer an incoming call; with two flicks re-dial the last number. And by holding it open (a mere extended kink of the wrist) I can voice dial. That's right people - VOICE DIAL!

I've decided to include a bunch of pictures my buddy Rich and I took of the initial prototype build and some I did on my camera phone (low res alert!). You should get a clear sense of the method behind this simple but effective invention - rather than me boring y'all with the details.

[addsig]
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-18 02:38
Hmm.. did he use an old HBH-30? This was actually a concept used on the cartoon Inspector Gadget.

The problem with a Bluetooth handset glove...is that it defeats the purpose of a Bluetooth device... it's supposed to be "handsfree".

It's a cute idea. And I might actually decide to make one myself... seeing as how my HBH-30 is kinda reaching the end of it's life... and I have a spare Nike golf glove lying around... hehehehe. Just for the fun of it.

John Lacson
http://www.johnlacson.com/wap

[ This Message was edited by: jplacson on 2005-02-18 01:42 ]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-18 02:44
No i don't think thats a old HBH:30 but a Plantronics one!

yes it a nice idea...bit silly but alright for a laugh i suppose!..If you do complete your bluetooth glove project please do post the pics up. [addsig]
knight4led
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-18 02:56
I can tell by looking at it that it is a jabra bt-200
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-18 02:58
knight4led..Actually your right it is the jabra,..Thats what i meant to say dont know why i said plantronics?
[addsig]
EastCoastStar
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-18 04:26
if i can get a cheapppp headset, id make this! lol
Its good to be back!
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-02-18 04:33
Hehe very cool for showing off. But start praying that the ppl dont strap you in a strait jacket and bundle you off to the asylum
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-24 16:00
if they do, keep an eye open for Davo.... [addsig]
Rocky B.
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-24 21:27
Talking into your glove? Asylum for sure. Still a damn cool thing to do though. Don't know how the wrist flipping would work out, might be done by accident.
BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-24 21:33
Heh! He did that on the gadget show last month. Funny, but as said before, it's pointless.

This message was posted from a Z600

axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-24 21:39
Here's a siemens concept design phone.The winning design from the recent siemens design competition.It basically works on the same principle only this has the whole phone built in rather than just a bluetooth headset!

[addsig]
knight4led
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-24 22:41
I like the glove better than the phone because it conceals that it has a headset. Gloves are socially acceptable. With the Siemens thing you just look like you have some goofy things on your fingers.
Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-24 22:52
If you wanted o be truely Inspector gadget like you could also mod in a small antenna too

Its a nifty idea, that is to mod the gear into your clothing (and wearable computing is already something that japan has been designing for a while)

Hiding bt accessories into clothin isn't a bad idea, you could for instance also mod your SE headset into a coat so that the plug is in a pocket and the cords are all internal with an outing near the collar for the mic and headphones.
parsnip
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-24 23:32
Cool

This message was posted from a WAP device

imanuk
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-07 02:14
Inserting the speaker at the end of the middle finger and the mic at the wrist would be a great variation then u could use it much like security staff push their ear peices into thier ear to hear better and talk into a mic in their sleave.

Just a thought.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi