Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Browsing wap via 3g

Previous  12
Author Browsing wap via 3g
OluYom
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-04 05:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@scots: I guess there must be something they know - or have in mind - that I must be ignorant of. Its a shame the original poster discovered this only after getting on the train. I'd feel bad too if I were in his shoes.

This message was posted from a P800

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-04 06:09
@AYA

3 have no real motivation for allowing full internet access as relatively few people use their mobile phone to access the internet. Most of the people who do use their mobiles to access the internet are no doubt looking for wallpapers, ringtones, etc, which 3 can provide through its own portal.

As I said previously, until revenue from data becomes more important to 3, they are unlikely to offer full internet access.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
OluYom
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-04 09:03
Quote:

On 2005-02-04 06:09:21, scotsboyuk wrote:
3 have no real motivation for allowing full internet access as relatively few people use their mobile phone to access the internet. Most of the people who do use their mobiles to access the internet are no doubt looking for wallpapers, ringtones, etc, which 3 can provide through its own portal.

That makes it quite clear. I can imagine that regular internet access is in abundance at home and at work in the UK, and those on the move would probably prefer Wi-fi where available. Mobile data for serious work consequently won't be an option then.
PS: I used to be known as AYA
MsJ
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-05 02:02
@AYA its a shame that some ppl take to putting down others.. i thought this 4um was decent. With ppl who could help and give advice. if i'd have wantd a slaggin off i would have gone to www.takedapiss.com i don't take to writing unecessary posts. . . And if your gonna continue to slag others off, u could at least get their gender right b4 u do ! . . .

This message was posted from a Nokia

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-05 02:24
@MsJ

Where did that come from? No one attacked you as far as I can see.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
MsJ
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-05 19:12
@scotsboyuk . . . It wasnt 4 u. . . . See post 16 !!

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-05 20:48
@MsJ

I don't think AYA meant to insult you, his post certainly doesn't strike me as being insulting, if anything he is being sympathetic towards you.
MsJ
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-07 21:58
Wot? . . . . It more or les says i'm a bit thick and dont know wot i'm on about and just made sumthing up just 4 the sake of posting sumthing . . . Never mind . Just 4get it ! !

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi