Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > SE P910 vs Qtek S100

Previous  1234  Next
Author SE P910 vs Qtek S100
whozayfar
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 14:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
blimey, I'd pay 300 quid rite not for a JAM, any1 can get this to South Africa? Mass just one more thing, i'm quite delighted with my p910 and thankfully it helps me keep my life organised particularly with lotus notes, so would you suggest going for just a PDA with all the functions of the JAM? I really would love the wifi in particular and also the MS applications would be fantastic for work? Your help in this regard would be much appreciated.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count....and those who cant
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 15:08
As much as I like the JAM I guess the saying that if it ain't broke, don't mess with it is appropriate. so if you have a setup that works for you then be happy. in my experience changing platforms will always cause you agro that perhaps you don't need when you are, by the sounds of it, happy with what you have.

My office uses lotus notes (which I really dislike, uggghhh!) and I tend to forward emails and such to my personal email which I always receive with outlook and that syncs great with pocketpc devices

don't forget that wifi on the jam will cost you extra. I got the Sandisk wifi SD card without onboard memory and that cost me 32 pounds + postage

the pocket versions of word and excel are good but you will still lose some formatting which can be annoying at times. In this area the palm documents to go does and equal or sometimes better job in my past experience but with each generation of pocketpc (windows mobile) the sync for these gets better

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2005-04-24 14:38 ]
whozayfar
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 15:18
i'm beginning to agree with you more and more as this topic pans out. However I think it may be in my interests to get just a PDA which has wifi on board. Whats the damage I'm looking at in this regard? obviously a decent processor to boot wouldnt hurt.
Cheers

There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count....and those who cant
elyl
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 22:38
@Masseur
I saw a picture on here of the i-Mate with a wifi card and it protruded quite uglily out of the top of it... I'm not too concerned with wifi (I have my laptop for that) but do the SD memory-only cards stick out in this manner, or are they hidden (such as the MS in a P-series)?
upper
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-24 23:59
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 22:38:51, elyl wrote:
@Masseur
I saw a picture on here of the i-Mate with a wifi card and it protruded quite uglily out of the top of it... I'm not too concerned with wifi (I have my laptop for that) but do the SD memory-only cards stick out in this manner, or are they hidden (such as the MS in a P-series)?

masseur still can answer your question, but i just want to say that the sd memory cards do not stick out like the wifi cards do.

VISIT: www.infowars.com www.prisonplanet.net
goldenapple
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-04-25 04:55
im planning of buying an XDA mini by June. is this still practical? or should i wait for a better PDA/phone convergent device? and what is the latest firmware available for the JAM so that i could check the FW of the device im going to buy. thanx all
whozayfar
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-04-25 22:56
I second goldenapple. just as an aside. I know your laptop is for wifi but you cant carry your laptop everywhere with u, well u can but you generally dont. a phone PDA will always be with u, in the loo at the zoo wherever, not that theres always wifi there, but give it a few years I say wifi will be as common as cellphone towers, lets hope. I wonder, i have a vision of free broadband internet for the world one day, just like radio, to pick up wherever you can whenever you want and at lightning speeds.

Dunno whether that will materialise but it would certainly benefit tons of people, especially with helpful forums like this 1. Esato rules, no questions about it. Even if i do switch to an i-mate, i'll keep coming back (like mass!)
MaPe
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-04-26 17:14
Just wondering, is the qtek-series the same units as the XDA's? The s100 and the XDA mini... and the qtek 9090 seems a lot like the XDA IIs... same phones, different brand, or??
whozayfar
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-04-26 20:05
@ goldenapple same phone, different name
Aqu4rius
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-27 20:45
gonne get the MDA compact in the next few weeks on upgrade

tried it out in the shop today, and was really impressed!

its smaller than the p900 aswell.
Aqu4rius
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-29 11:12
whats the battery time like, as ive been reading around, and its seems worryingly short?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-04-29 11:14
I get about 3 days out of mine with a fair number of calls, listening to music, playing the odd game etc
sparky92
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-03 03:22
Is it worth getting the s100? I can't find an official support site for it anywhere. I know that it comes with 2 years warranty, but how do you make use of it if you can't track Qtek down? Does anybody know what they're like in terms of issuing ROM updates?
mabobine
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-03 12:04
I have got P910i. I am not sure whether transcriber is there on my cell. Can anyone tell me how to use this function or whether P910i doesn't support the transcriber thing. and if i don't have a transcriber and P910i supports it, then can anyone let me know from which website i can download it.

thank you.
raheel.sheikh@gmail.com
mabobine
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-03 12:08
Is there a transcriber in P910i. If yes, how can i use it. If no, from where i can get it.

Thank you.
raheel.sheikh@gmail.com
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi