Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Discussion thread - NextLink Bluespoon AX

12  Next
Author Discussion thread - NextLink Bluespoon AX
teslaguy
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-27 10:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My new Bluespoon AX arrived just a few days ago!
It's my first ever bluetooth headset so i can't compare at all with any else, but I find it really good Apart from it being the smallest bluetooth headset up to now, the sound quality is 9.5/10 and after 2 days of usage ( about 16h standby and 100mins talktime) the battery is in a very good condition. The only thing that troubles me a bit is the microphone, i have to talk rather loud so that the other party can hear me clearly.. I also had some problems though the first day, couldn't get it to connect properly - as soon as i received or made a call it disconnected from my K700i - but that's probably that I was so eager to use it that i disconnected it from the plug as soon as the red light went off and not after 8 hours of charging.. After I charged it for another 6 hours, and repairing it with the phone, it did the same thing for the next 2 calls, but then it fixed itself someway..
Overall it is a very good headset
K700i user
baseballfanz
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-12-27 17:52
It's an OK headset, nothing spectacular. It's small and light weight which is a plus, one complaint is the volume control. One notch up make it to loud, one nocth down make it a little to low.
If it weren't for bad lucks, I would have no lucks at all.

P900/910 Themes
teslaguy
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-30 10:05
Yes i noticed that too, and i also noticed that pressing the volume button on the phone makes the headset go 3 "volume presses" louder/more quiet.
Another thing I didn't like is that the volume buttons are so large and smooth that they keep getting pressed in my pocket, so I keep redialing the last number..
K700i user
floke
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-16 16:37
Hi, I've got the AX since a month and I like it too.
I had the Bluespoon Digital before which I unfortunataly lost. They're so f*ing small
Btw I've only used it together with t68i, perhaps it works differently with other phones?
Things I like:
+ small size
+ better quality feel of the case in comparison with Digital
+ USB charging. You dont need to carry that stupid charger and docking station with you. Only a small cable.
+ I really like the new button layout which are easy to find and press
+ The sound volume and clarity is great. Max volume is so loud that it feels like my ears could take damage of it...
+ The carrying strap that connects to USB port is great. It looks corny but I can live with that
+ super standby and talk time, even better than Digital. Outstanding

However, everything is not great
- adjustment of volume is very coarse if you adjust it from the phone. 3 volume steps at a time like teslaguy said
- Volume button gets easily pressed in the pocket and a redial starts
- Redial has no feedback signal whether it has started or not until the call is connected which can take ten seconds sometimes
- I get a lot of "what did you say"... The person I'm talking to can too often not catch what I say cause my voice is too quiet on the other end. If I speak louder it's no problem or if I talked in the phone it's no problem.
- When battery is low there's a warning signal that repeteadly emits in your ear for a second or so and it masks what the other person is saying. It's very annoying since you cannot follow what he's saying. I cant remeber how Digital was working but iho a good implementation would mix the other persons voice with the battery low warning signal.
- Range has imho not improved compared to Digital even if the Nextlink people say so on their homepage. If my phone lies in my left trouser pocket and the AX is in my right ear the sound gets chopped. Is this only a problem with t68i?

Furthermore there seems to be some SW glitches. Sometimes the AX isn't connected at an incoming call or if you initiate a call from the phone. However, if you press the volume button to redial last number the AX will connect. Perhaps this is a t68i issue?

Has anyone experienced the same things as I?
All in all it's a decent headset...
teslaguy
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-16 19:45
All of them ;p the damn thing broke last week when if fell from 1m high to marble ground.. now i need to superglue it or the left side cracks open every now and then..
K700i user
floke
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-17 09:56
sad to hear...
Perhaps I should take away my praise of the good building quality.
I dropped my Digital in the floor from about a meter and it also cracked. I had to send it to Nextlink

I suppose you should send it to Nextlink instead of glue it yourself. Probably it will void guarantee
floke
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-17 15:27
Now I really take my good words on the building quality back. I recently noticed two cracks in the plastic casing starting from the microphone hole, one on each side. I havent noticed them before.
I haven't dropped the headset even once on the floor since it sits very nice in the neckstrap.
Hmm... is this only my unit?
getagrip15
K790
PM
Posted: 2005-01-17 20:03
I also developed a crack after about 3 weeks with my AX. That, however, is my only complaint. The reception is just fine with my P910a and sound quality is great. I found that the longer rubber ear piece sounds better since it goes further into the ear. It also fits me better. I haven't had a problem with others hearing me. No one even knows I'm using it unless I tell them. So the crack is my one problem. Even that isn't too big a deal becuz I contacted nextlink and they are sending me a new top cover.... in one of the new colors. I'm goin with the dark silver to match my P910a. Anyway, I think it's a great headset with great battery life. My last 2 headsets were the SE HBH-600 and the Plantronics M3000. The SE had TERRIBLE battery life!! After a couple months the battery would only last about 20-30 minutes of calling. It also had a somewhat loose fit. I didn't like that. It did look good though and the sound quality was ok, although not loud enough. The Plantronics was just a bad headset. I bought it cuz I wanted something cheap to test out bluetooth with. I'd never used it before. You get what you pay for cuz it was a stinker. Horrible fit and subpar sound quality. My AX is leaps and bounds better than these 2 headsets!
Prometheus-X
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-18 02:32
Does anybody have an idea when the new AX colours will ship? Obviously black looks more government-like
floke
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-18 14:10
@getagrip: Thats good service of Nextlink. Is it easy to change the casing yourself?
getagrip15
K790
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 20:16
I have no clue yet. I saw a guide on howardforums on how to do it though.
lars.stenfeldt
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-18 21:00
Thank's for posting feed-back on the Bluespoon AX, I would like to give some
comments on some of the issues:

- small crack on the tip of the AX, we have also found on some of the units.
It is caused bu tension in the plastic material on the cover. It does not affect
the sound quality, but only the looks. Since we are also bringing out new colours,
my proposal is to send covers to those who want and they can replace themself.
Please note this is an operation, where you have to do this carefully. After we
discovered cracks in the material on some of the units, we changed the plastic
material and mould.

- sound quality on speaker, I have made my hole bigger using a needle that
i heated - melting a bigger hole and found this improved the sound quality. We
are making the holes bigger in Feb and if you send me an e-mail with your
address we will post them to you once available. Larges holes will also be better
if you experience low volume, this is mostly related to vax in the hole.

- SW glitches, well there are so many different phones but I have a k700i
and sometimes it disconnects. I normally make a hardware reset on the k700i
then it always work.

- Different colours in general, we are still debating at Nextlink.

- Volume problem, could anyone explain this I have not noticed it.

You are welcome to c ontact me directly: lars.stenfeldt@nextlink.to

Lars

baseballfanz
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 23:47
@lars.stenfeldt
Nice to see you drop by a forum and answer questions, that's what I call customer service. The volume issues is a very minor one for me, but I notice if I push volume up one time, it get very loud but then I push volume down one time it kinda a little to soft. I got it to where I like using combination on AX volume button and phone volume control (I don't know if anyone know but you can control the speaker volume of bluetooth headset with phone's volume control once they make a connection).
BTW: I have the transparent pre-production model.
If it weren't for bad lucks, I would have no lucks at all.

P900/910 Themes
floke
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-25 08:53
@lars.stenfeldt
thanks for your reply.
In my case its the tip of the lower part of the case where the speaker sits that has some cracks. Not the upper part of the case. Is the lower part also simple to replace yourselves or do I have to send it in?
The volume issue is just as baseballfanz described it. If you adjust volume on the phone one step up it is increased something like three steps in the AX. This was not the case with my Digital

[ This Message was edited by: floke on 2005-01-25 09:35 ]
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-27 15:35
lars.stenfeldt, thanks for replying in this thread.

I have unfortunately already located a crack on my (replacement) unit, which I haven't had for very long
Providing new covers would be excellent service though.

baseballfanz I think the issue is that people do know how to change the volume for the headset from the phone... however (like me) they have found that one volume press on the phone equals far more volume presses on the headset. This is why I end up using the volume controls on the headset after all.

I am very satisfied about sound quality... i do get the odd comment that I sound 'distant' or 'faint', usually when using the headset outdoors. In the car the sound quality is fine and the headset is comfortable to wear.

I do believe the headset 'snoozes' when no call is ongoing, however mine has never failed to connect to pick up an incoming call.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi