Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > s700i problems

Previous  123  Next
Author s700i problems
ghecko
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 20:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm on Vodafone I have received hundereds of the same messages for months now - it is an S700i fault, Vodafone has said this is the case 100%

Does anyone know how to stop this its very annoying..
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 20:55
It is 100% network fault. How do you get the messages if they have not send them? Its been reported in news papers too.

This message was posted from a K500

Topscooby
T700 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 23:26
Hey Guys,

My S700i was supplied by Vodaphone but i had it unlocked and use an Orange contract sim in it.My Orange PAYG sim freezes the phone up and i have to remove the battery to get it working again.My wife's Orange PAYG sim works fine in it though.Even more strange is my PAYG sim (which won't work in my S700i ) works fine in her K700i???

Other than that i've had no other problems at all (touch wood).
fegge
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-01-24 15:37
I have the same problems on my S700.
The thing about the txt can't be network fault. For me it looks like a phone fault.

My phone also boots when someone's calling. I've also experienced problem with my handfree. The phone refuse to make the call when I'm using it.
sieg dante
Z600
PM
Posted: 2005-01-24 16:16
huh? if it is not the network problem then that's mean the phone create the txt itself? strange ...
ghecko
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-29 17:59
Non the phone can't receive the messages properly, the networks get a signal back when a message is received, however if the phone is not receiving them correctly then the network keeps sending as the phone doesnt send the correct signal back. this is how you get delivery reports !!!
RichT610
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-01-29 23:19
Hi
Got a S700i yesterday on O2. I am getting the same text message over and over again. Driving me mad.
Also have a K700 which I gave to the missus, O2 contract phone to. No probs with this one since we have had it.
The S700 will be going back if I can't sort this out. Superb phone but can't put up with the repeating and corrupted text thing.
I see this thread was started quite a while ago and still this problem persists. SORT IT OUT O2/SONY ERICSSON
Rich
JukurenvengeX5
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-29 23:22
I think my media pllayer is a bit faulty..When I'm playing a song..And I want to select another one..It doesn't let me to scroll down to the one straight below it..It jumps to some other song randomly..*Shrugs* No big~
RichT610
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-01-29 23:39
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH
Had about 20 of the same text now.
Just done a test text from the wife's phone to mine and that text is now repeating over and over.
Is there a fix for this?? Please help.
Cheers, Rich
PS Firmware is R3B032

[ This Message was edited by: RichT610 on 2005-01-29 22:52 ]
Swedish_Chef
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2005-01-29 23:52
Quote:

On 2005-01-29 23:22:59, JukurenvengeX5 wrote:
I think my media pllayer is a bit faulty..When I'm playing a song..And I want to select another one..It doesn't let me to scroll down to the one straight below it..It jumps to some other song randomly..*Shrugs* No big~

your kidding right?

When in mediaplayer, just click More/Random/Off
moom
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-01-30 10:23
Well, I don't know about this repeated-send SMS issue. I have a S700i since more than a month and never had this issue. I had once a corrupted SMS message, and found out it was due to badly inserted MS DUO.
Appart from this, few problems. Sometimes when I send or receive a MMS, the phone will reboot. This is not particular to S700 though, 'cos I had this issue too with a K700.
The MS DUO which sometimes (and somehow) moves so ringtones won't work as predicted is annoying - but I don't expect this to work perfectly on other branded phones anyway.
RichT610
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-01-30 10:47
Just got off the phone from O2 network services. Couldn't solve the problem but have logged it and have said they will work on it. They said they have only had a couple of reports of this problem, so if anyone else is getting this on O2, call them, 100 from your mobile then option 0. They also sugested I take the phone back and get a replacement in the form of a different make handset. Said I wanted to stick with the S700i as this was just a software bug. They said I have the latest firmware on O2 but there is a newer SE one but they are not using it yet. They seem to think there was some sort of compatability issue between this phone and the O2 network. I pointed them to this site stating that this particular thread was started back at the beginning of December so the problem had been occuring for some time.
So come on people. If you are having this problem get onto your provider and get them to fix it. I will call SE tomorrow and see if they know of the problem.
Cheers, Rich
peanut
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-01-30 13:02
I've not had this on my K700 or S700 but then I always reflash them to get rid of the dodgy O2 firmware. There is an issue with the K700 and that's been taken off sale.

I did get this for about 2 months on my P900 again offline but I used to get 20-30 odd of the same text. It turned out it was an account problem and they had to close the account and re-open it to solve it.

Don't get too swept away that it's a hardware problem is my advice. It could be a problem with your account. O2 do not like to admit that they have problems at that end but they certainly do.

I'm not going to get started again about my current incorrect charges issue... honest (grin).
RichT610
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-01-30 16:14
Sorted now, maybe!!!!!
Earlier I took the memory stick out and re-inserted it. I have had several texts today, none of which corrupted or repeated! Coincidence??? Or did O2 get it sorted after my phone call to them? Doubt they would sort anything that fast. Who knows? Let's see how it goes from now on. After the mega amount of repeated incoming texts last night, I hope so.
Oh, and I have not made any other alterations to the phone settings.
Cheers, Rich
Derfla
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-14 16:02
I'm on my 2nd S700i (Voda) originally bought it in october and have actually had the phone in my possesion for a total of 5 weeks in that time! The first one started to freeze on me, then one morning it wouldn't even get passed the se logo on powering on the phone. I took it to the carphone werehouse for their in house techie to look at it. he couldn't do anything with it so he sent it to SE for a manufacturer warranty repair. 7 weeks later i get a replacement phone. later that day it started rebooting itself while i was trying to make a call. I took it back to CPWH who again set it away. I got the same phone back 2 weeks later seemed ok. but just today i had it do a reboot on me again.

I'm now considering asking for a se v800 instead. does anybody know if they have similar problems.

Cheers Derfla
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi