Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The "Gaaaah i really hate that" corner

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author The "Gaaaah i really hate that" corner
Davo_169
T650 Gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-02 09:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i really hate it when d**kheads just do random posts to make that little folder burn for 30+ posts.

**note** i realise the irony that this post is one that makes the little folder burn and on several other occasions i have done this also.
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-02 23:06
'Reality' TV shows, especially those involving so-called 'celebrities'.

They're breeding faster than if you throw Gizmo out of the Gremlins film into a swimming pool - in the UK there were only 4 of these damned shows 4 or 5 years ago, last year there was something like 12 or 13, and this year about 28!!!!!! They're dull, banal, and entertainment for the hard of thinking. Especially those that are full of has-been, nearly-weres, and just plain annoying celebrities. Just look at the current UK series of 'I'm a celebrity, get me out of here', what a load of (*&^ !!!!

They're obviously cheap to make, and hyped to death and then hyped some more so that everyone watches this pathetic excuse for entertainment and talk incessently about it at work the next day. And don't get me started on those contestants that then try to start an acting or singing career - e.g. Nadia from Big Brother UK, Peter Andre releasing singles again, or Jade from BB UK forever appearing in the celeb magazines for doing pretty much nothing.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-12-02 23:15
Right on sammy x:
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2004-12-02 23:22
Here is my go. I really F*@KING hate the fact that if your account gets barred by Orange for some reason, you are not even allowed to ring customer services on 150 from your own phone to pay your bill. You have to ring 07973100150 from a land line. Money-grabbin scum bags.

This message was posted from a T610

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-02 23:23
I feel much better getting that out of my system! Let's hope that these programmes go out of fashion and they all get cancelled and we never see another 5th rate celeb or obnoxious member of the public eating bugs or going to the toilet live on TV again!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-12-02 23:23
vodafone do that too x:
Hello, Scroto!

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2004-12-02 23:39
Makes me sick to the back teeth. . . They make too much money already. .

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2004-12-03 00:15
And why oh why oh why is there not more inside info on Esato from people who work for Orange, O2, etc. There must be more than 1 or 2 who lurk on this site, sitting there who know more than they are letting on. . PIPE UP. . .

methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-12-03 00:41
Theres a guy from vodafone around somewhere...
Hello, Scroto!

kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-12-03 00:42
Quote:

On 2004-12-01 17:37:54, methylated_spirit wrote:
Esato elitism and smartassedness

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=76795

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. What are you trying to do, drive away new members? itrs a perfectly reasonable question, if thats what the person wanted to know, we should help him, not flame him. This elitism and acting like smartasses, especially towards new members, disgusts me. Who do you think you are? Just because you've made a few posts, doesnt make you better than someone who has just joined. Is this the way to welcome new members to the esato community?

615 green bottles hanging on the wall...

[ This Message was edited by: methylated_spirit on 2004-12-01 17:09 ]

i agree! A smiley isn't bad, a and some links is better, but it pisses me off when people post stupid comments like "is there a rtfm smiley?"

what about we get a stfu smiley? The last thing we need are pretentious gits whose purpose in posting on esato is just to talk crap.

And no, you're not funny, either. [addsig]
Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2004-12-03 00:48
Quote:

On 2004-12-03 00:42:00, kimcheeboi wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-12-01 17:37:54, methylated_spirit wrote:
Esato elitism and smartassedness

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=76795

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. What are you trying to do, drive away new members? itrs a perfectly reasonable question, if thats what the person wanted to know, we should help him, not flame him. This elitism and acting like smartasses, especially towards new members, disgusts me. Who do you think you are? Just because you've made a few posts, doesnt make you better than someone who has just joined. Is this the way to welcome new members to the esato community?

615 green bottles hanging on the wall...

[ This Message was edited by: methylated_spirit on 2004-12-01 17:09 ]

i agree! A smiley isn't bad, a and some links is better, but it pisses me off when people post stupid comments like "is there a rtfm smiley?"

what about we get a stfu smiley? The last thing we need are pretentious gits whose purpose in posting on esato is just to talk crap.

And no, you're not funny, either.

*csiab smily here*

(could'nt say it any better)

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-12-03 00:51
It peeved me so much i have started a one-man crusade. Its always been a pet hate of mine, new-member bashing.
Hello, Scroto!

Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-03 02:00
Hell any member bashing is lame, new or old.. If you're just out to take a cheap potshot, do it in PM or better yet, just don't bother at all.

I hate it when forums I enjoy turn to mindless crap because thats all people can contribute to threads they didn't really need to post in in the beginning or had no interest in.

Bravo meths, new posters can always feel put off by "older" posters..

I also REALLY hate that Natasha beddingfield song. Picking her for 1-3 hit wonder at most.
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-03 02:10
@meths - I agree with you totally on that point, I myself have just joined another internet forum (a Tolkien/Lord of the Rings one!), so am therefore a 'newbie' there, and it is daunting seeing all the different posts, different topics, the depth some of them go into, and some of the threads which look almost 'old hand' only threads, a bit like walking into a strange pub and all the locals seem to stare at you and it goes silent!

Anyway, I'm dragging this off topic! Any more 'gaaaah' moments?

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2004-12-03 13:40
@Meths. Good on ya mate for stickin up for newbies.

I don't understand people who buy the latest phone just on looks alone, regardless of how crap the phone actually performs.

The reason why Esato is great is because newbies can come here and be educated and it is very easy to be scared off or feel daunted.

If you don't believe me then look at the amount of members that have made just 1 post...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic