Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The "Gaaaah i really hate that" corner

Author The "Gaaaah i really hate that" corner
Burgaz
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-28 14:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Working a 12 hour shift on a saturday after 4 hours sleep... Oh man how much do i hate this!!! Wouldn't be so bad if we were busy... BUT WE'RE NOT!!!
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-28 17:06
Microwave Ovens

Not microwaves as such, its the ones with all the stupid goddamn buttons! 15 buttons for defrosting chicken, and one button you need to enter a secret code for to simply nuke something for a minute! Whats wrong with the good old 2 dials, one for temperature, and one for length of time! They work perfectly, you dont need one with a thousand settings! You need to set the time on them about 5 times before you get it right because its so complicated, and by that time your tasty snack would have been done to perfection, with no stress, in a microwave with 2 dials!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
richy240
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-29 18:21
Quote:

methylated_spirit wrote:
IKEA

I've just bought a new flat, and everyone is saying "oooh, got to Ikea to kit it out, they have got some really cool, funky stuff." NO THEY DONT! I hate Ikea! Its cheap, plasticky crap that looks horrific and costs a fortune! Its like playroom furniture! Oh, sure, they do have some nice sofas and things, but who in their right mind would buy Bilkoffersen Stackable multicoloured plastic footstools, at £70 EACH? What sort of room would they look good, or be practical in?

IKEA isn't all THAT bad... I have some of their stuff, and although I must admit it is cheaply made, it isn't really expensive. Then again, the stuff that is of half decent quality is kinda expensive.

I have a coffee table and a TV stand from IKEA and I expect to get only about 2-1/2 years of good use out of them. I guess I'll wait and see. It's all disposable furniture anyway.

BUT!

Do you know what I hate? Ok - Just about everything. Just search for my posts on this board. I'm bitching about something in probably 75% of them!

[ This Message was edited by: richy240 on 2004-11-29 17:24 ]
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-29 20:17
My aunt and uncle bought me a new microwave as a housewarming gift...its a fecking push-button-confusey-complicated one! Looks like they spent a bit on it, its a good one, but GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!
Hello, Scroto!

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-11-29 20:31
Whinging people

here is what I dislike (don't really like the word hate)... people who whinge about everything and anything... oh, a bit like the complaints in this thread people can't even be happy with presents that other people have gone to thoughtful lengths to get

indeed back home we have coined a phrase... whinging poms, and this thread is a good example of that.

back home (thats oz btw) we just get on with stuff and take anything that happens in our stride... hence... "she'll be right mate" etc etc

comments welcome although I welcome a bit more positiveness in the world
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-29 20:49
Im very grateful for the gift, dont get me wrong, but its just funny that after posting that thing about microwaves, that happens. Whats wrong with being aggrieved at something? Whats wrong with having a rant about something? I like a good rant. You dont. To follow your own maxim, you should just take it in your stride and let us get on with it!

615 green bottles hanging on the wall...

[ This Message was edited by: methylated_spirit on 2004-11-29 19:55 ]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-29 20:50
I love the laid back attitude you aussies have masseur but i think its unfair to suggest that us "Poms" whinge! ...We brits are just perfectionists and like everything to work for us rather than become a hinderance!..if you know what i mean! ...You aussies should be thankfull,after all its us that sent you there! [addsig]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-11-29 20:54
oh, of course... then there is the people that can't take criticism... don't like them either

nah, just toying with you lot since I am in a happy, cheerful (and positive) mood tonight!

feel free to get back to, well, whatever it was you were doing before I so rudely interrupted
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-29 20:57
Moderators taking things off topic

This isnt the "im chilled, theres no need for you to shout" corner, this is the "Gaaaah i really hate that" corner

Hello, Scroto!

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-11-29 21:01
I'm not always posting as a moderator you know... but now that you mention it I do HATE people taking threads off topic so I will put my moderator hat on and discipline myself. where's that big stick?

anyway... as you were...
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-29 21:03
hehe, ok i'll get my ranting hat back on:

Hey ive got nothing to rant about!
Hello, Scroto!

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-11-29 21:05
then my calming, positive ways has worked its charm on this thread... I might be called masseur but maybe I should be called tranquil
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-29 21:06
Yes you are good for my che *hmmmhmmmhmmmhmmmhmmm*
Hello, Scroto!

methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-12-01 16:29
My che has been ruined, in magnificent style i must say. If it didnt happen to me i would be laughing my cotton socks off.

Plonkers

i work in a despatch warehouse, and in the corner, we keep all the cartons, foam packing, tape etc. One of the lads (we'll call him Gomer Pyle) says to me " I need to use that box to send something in". Unusual request, i think, why does he need to ask?. Its standard stuff, putting stuff in a box, its not brain surgery. "Go ahead" I reply. I walk out my office (shack) 2 minutes later, just in time to see him tip an entire box of those foam 'hundreds and thousands' all over the floor. Not just a box, a BIG box. Six feet long, 4 feet wide, filled to the brim. i need an aspirin...

[ This Message was edited by: methylated_spirit on 2004-12-01 15:37 ]
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-12-01 17:37
Esato elitism and smartassedness

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=76795

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. What are you trying to do, drive away new members? itrs a perfectly reasonable question, if thats what the person wanted to know, we should help him, not flame him. This elitism and acting like smartasses, especially towards new members, disgusts me. Who do you think you are? Just because you've made a few posts, doesnt make you better than someone who has just joined. Is this the way to welcome new members to the esato community?

[ This Message was edited by: methylated_spirit on 2004-12-01 17:09 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic