Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Anyone else got the new PS2 Slimline?

Author Anyone else got the new PS2 Slimline?
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 19:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The silver PS2 is out, so is the aqua/blue one but I think he meant the silver Slimline, which doesn't exist yet

se-nse-a-win;Sell Any Item;[url=http://A-ZoTT.com]A-ZoTT.com[/
Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 19:42
Isnt the slimline ps2 meant to be slower than the normal one?

As in it runs slower?

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 20:08
Nah its just the same.
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 20:11
Heh, you can't tell more lies and expect it to be left on topic. Every control pad will cramp your hand when you start using it, you're no exception. You've just forgotten.

No USB? It serves no practical purpose anyway. Besides, the Xbox has an official adaptor for games that use it(a whole one game).

No optical out? Hmmmm, then how do you get full on the fly 5.1 surround in Halo(the ps2 can't do 5.1 in games, only for films)? Why through the official 5.1 surround sound cable with an optical output on in of course.

No eyetoy? Ermmmm, just like light guns, maracas, bongo's, fishing rods and countless other peripherals, it lies to collect an inch thick layer of dust for months after the novelty wears out. Besides, there's a camera out in Japan already, and it's being released here too.

Feel free to end any Xbox talk now.

And it's no add on HDD full stop with the slimline ps2, Sony said so themselves.
How does the lid open on this anyway? Not seen that yet.
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-02 20:18
Im going to get a slim-jim ps2 to go in my games room, cos thats where my broadband modem is. My silver ps2 is in my front room and the cable wont reach up stairs. So not been online for ages!

This message was posted from a Nokia

MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 20:39
Off topic: I was being perfectly honest about the pad thing actually.
So the X-Box rips u off by making u buy accessories for the extra features, u can't even watch DVDs without the 30quid remote!
Also I've compared the X-Box sound output using the very adapter of which u speak. In my house using Burnout 3 on PS2 & X-Box through the same TV & same optical cable into same 5.1 system (not at the same time obviously)
The PS2 was excellent. The surround was realistic & everything sounded great.
The X-Box was noticeably poor. The surround was only working sometimes & the whole thing went quiet on certain road surfaces (in the woods) then back loud on tarmac!

On Topic: U push a button on the front & the top springs open for u to load the disc.
U'll see if I manage to post the pics 2moro

BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 21:13
I don't believe you didn't get cramp when you fisrt used a PS pad and never will.

I saw the accessory thing coming too. First up, the remote is 20 quid and plays DVDs much better than than the ps2 can, plus you get the remote with it. You still need to pay the same for a remote as a luxury.

Secondly, the DVD kit debate is cancelled instantly by the fact that you NEED a memory card to get anywhere on a ps2. In fact most ps2 owners will have more than one mem card, not just two due some games filling an entire card. The Xbox has a HD for saves which has over 2.5 million blocks for saves. I don't need a card full stop. Those 2.5m blocks are also used for the 100's of albums that the Xbox can store for in game soundtracks or just for jukebox purposes, fully remote controlled too.

The sound you heard from your ps2 was not 5.1, it was whatever trick surround your system creates. There is no way you can say the ps2 has better surround in games. It's a fact the Xbox is better, cos the ps2 has none. You still need to buy an optical cable for your surround system link anyway.

I can't believe that people are in here saying there old ps2 is old and decrepid etc, yet they are still going to give the company more money for a new one, despite the fact there is a superior alternative at the exact same price and the old sytem is still working. It defies all logic. I don't know how Sony managed it? Especially after the ps1 was exactly the same.

[ This Message was edited by: bosshogg on 2004-11-02 20:22 ]
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 21:40
The PS2 plays DVDs without the need for an accessory, the X-Box does not!

You DO need to buy memory cards for X-Box should u want to go to a mates house & take ur saved game, unless u wanna carry the 3tonne machine itself!

Pro LogicII is surround anyway & very few games output 5.1 or dts in the first place.
The X-Box may claim to output 5.1 but it's obviously a poor decoder.
U may need to buy an optical cable for both but at least PS2 does not need ANOTHER additional adapter.

No-one is forced to buy it the new PS2, u cannot blame Sony for making products

ON Topic: interestingly the Slimline now has a built in IR receiver for the remote so no need to plug one into a pad port as before.

Can't wait for the PSP now

Bought from Esato Market?
Leave feedback in The A-Z Of Trusted Sellers

[ This Message was edited by: MikLSP on 2004-11-02 20:44 ]
BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 22:25
Honestly, you're last post is a pile of pap. Give them all your money. About the ps3, a company has announce a title for late 06, so sound about then for japan. Apparently microsoft are forcing everyone to push because they want to get the next xbox out first. Still no solid dates on any. You won't see anything til 06 at least though. Sony still has the psx to release in the west.

This message was posted from a Z600

MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 23:44
Quote:

On 2004-11-02 22:25:59, BOSSHOGG wrote:
Honestly, you're last post is a pile of pap.

Which part exactly? I think u'll find it's all true!

BTW the next X-Box apparently has no hard-drive. That seems a bit silly

Please now let this thread stay on topic

obsixx
T700 Red
PM
Posted: 2004-11-03 00:16
I've had one on order for the better part of a week. This happened with the original ps2, maybe Sony should produce a respectable amount of the ps3s before they launch it.

This message was posted from a K700i

BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-03 00:19
X-BOX games are like SE phones, quality over quantity. PS2 games are like Nokia phones, lots of 'em but their mostly crap. now you can stay on topic!

This message was posted from a P910

nickorooster
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-11-03 01:54
Hear Hear!

Let us leave the ps2 lovers and their large wallets.
Yes, they like the ps2 and yes, we the xbox.
Leave it at that.
Now back on to the slim-line ps2. What does it do better than the normal ps2? Please give me a comprehensive list.

Nick
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-03 10:26
It is not meant to be a better machine by performance, & I'm not sure if it is any better.
It is just a product of miniturisation & is 75% smaller than the original PS2!

Also it has the Network adaptor built in so no need to buy that & has an IR receiver for remote control.

The firmwares are all updated i.e. for Console, CDplayer, DVDplayer etc so I expect there are minor improvements via that.
Also it has a 'Diagnostic' option that my other did not. According to the manual this runs an extra dignostic during gameplay & makes adjustments to maximise performance

BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-03 11:09
One thing missing from the slim PS2 is an internal HD expansion slot, so you'll have to wait untill sony get around to releasing an external hard drive add on.

This message was posted from a P910

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi