Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Anyone else got the new PS2 Slimline?

Author Anyone else got the new PS2 Slimline?
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 13:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I just got one today!!
It's really rather small!!!! They seem quite rare at the moment though, most shops only got a few and have sold out

se-nse-a-win;Sell Any Item;[url=http://A-ZoTT.com]A-ZoTT.com[/
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 14:35
vanquish has got one, he posted somewhere, it think the GTA thread. Im getting one next month when i get payed, as my ps2 is almost knackered. Had it for years and years and years.
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 14:36
I saw one on Friday for the first time. It's a lot smaller than I expected from the photos I'd seen on the web. Would make a great portable DVD player for holidays where a TV is available.

[ This Message was edited by: JoolsG4 on 2004-11-02 13:37 ]
nickorooster
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 14:42
@ Methylated_Spirit
PLEASE don't tell me you are considering buying another PS2!!! I would have thought you would have seen this as an opportunity to sell all your ps2 stuff and wait for the PS3, or get an XBOX and Xbox live...
But I guess it's your choice.

Oh and I saw one the other day. It's basically a ps-one for the PS2. WOuld you buy a new PS-one when you had a PSX??????

Nick
BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 14:49
I might just wait until they release the silver version, though that maybe some time next year.

This message was posted from a P910

MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 14:50
I got it cos I can afford to
Also because my PS2 was gettin a bit tired and making funny noises so I traded that in against the Slimline.

I got the new SEGA games for the EyeToy with it too!!! Not played yet but they look cool

BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 14:51
Heh, that's exactly how Sony sell so many. Put out badly built consoles and wait for suckers to go buy another.

Don't wait for any new console, you'll be waiting 2 years almost. Buy an Xbox or Gamecube in the interest of variety. I suggest an Xbox. This is the best year ever for gob smacking Xbox titles.
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 14:56
I've already got a GameCube too!
I don't want an X-Box cos it's too big to fit in my house and I hate the control pads!
Also apart from Halo and Project Gotham (crap) all X-Box games are on the other two anyway

Bought from Esato Market?
Leave feedback in The A-Z Of Trusted Sellers

[ This Message was edited by: MikLSP on 2004-11-02 13:56 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 14:59
Quote:

I don't want an X-Box cos it's too big to fit in my house!

Ha ha! Isn't it just! I physically don't have enough room under my 28" W/S TV for that monstrosity. Even though its the evil Microsoft, I'd consider it if they made one a similiar size to the new PS2.
BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 15:03
Games not on the other two:-

PGR2(in no way crap)
Chronicles of Riddick
Ninja Gaiden
Rallisport Challenge 2
Full Spectrum Warrior
.. in fact, i can't even be bothered. You've obviously been brainwashed by Sony anyway......
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 15:13
In that case we won't bother to list the games exclusive to PS2 and GC then! and not to mention the vastly superior selection/quantity of PS2 games.
and of cousre PS2 pads are the best design you can get

Another thing I like about the Slimline though is that it has the Network adapter built in now as it should be

Bought from Esato Market?
Leave feedback in The A-Z Of Trusted Sellers

[ This Message was edited by: MikLSP on 2004-11-02 14:14 ]
Aled
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 15:54
I heard that you can't fit a HDD in the new ps2 tho, which you can with the old one and ethernet thingy, i know its not used atm but there is talk of new games which can use one. On the xbox debate, ps2 is for games, xbox is for geeks, sorry but it's a fact, you got an xbox, you're probably a geek.

This message was posted from a T610

BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 16:01
Loading, pease wait......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................That's one thing you'll see a whole lot less on the Xbox. Blink and you miss the loading screen on Vice City. On the whole, PS2 games on the Xbox look a whole lot better(don't say looks don't matter. They do), with bigger play areas and more extras.

I won't mention quality over quantity. But you seriously don't think there is enough games on the Xbox? Last I checked there was thousands, more than enough for anybody.

As for the PS pad, it's the best according to....you? When the PS1 first came out it actually gave people claw like cramp, over the years you get used to it and it feels normal. Well guess what, the Xbox pad gets rid of that really bad claw thing. Oh and the Xbox pad is approx 100 times better for driving games.

You enjoy your built in network adaptor(xbox already has it) that won't allow you to use Sony's own HDD add on that is required for the latest FF game.

As for exclusives, what? There's about 3 that matter:-

Final Fantasy
Gran Turismo-A racing 'sim' that gives faster lap time if you don't brake and use the walls instead. Oh GT4 delayed till next year now, without online.
And San Andreas, which will be on the Xbox.

Yawn at the geeks comment, coming from an internet forum user with his own website. Pot calls the kettle black and so on.
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 19:23
I've never been uncomfortable with a PS2 pad but I DO get cramp from the X-Box triggers! Also X-Box has no USB or Optical Out or an EyeToy!!!
BUT this isn't a PS2 vs X-Box thread so stay on topic from now............
that topic being the Slimline PS2!

No u can't add a hard-drive, at least not internally! But it's not available here anyway.

I just can't get over how small it is though! It's about 1inch taller than a DVD/Game box, 1/2 an inch wider & not even as thick as 2 DVD boxes stacked up.

I can try post some pics 2moro if anyone is interested. They're not great quality though

methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-02 19:29
Yeah im getting one cos i can afford it, any idea when ps3 will be released? silver ps2 is a;ready out my cousin got one a few weeks ago
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi