Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Themes, ringtones, screensavers, games, video clips > Complete guide for having mp3 ringtones on branded phones

Author Complete guide for having mp3 ringtones on branded phones
sevastos
Z800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-17 18:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Cybervisitor

I was just sharing the problems I faced. And I did transfered the .dm files to the root directory. But I'm telling you again, it happens to MY computer, when I put a single word as the filename, the phone doesn't recognize the file and prompt me to delete it.
CyberVisitor
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-12-19 15:12
@sevastos

Then it's a problem related to your PC - not the phone itself.
xiaoka
V800
PM
Posted: 2004-12-20 06:21
ok thanks for all this info, but unfortunately in my case (Japanese V802, which runs R1G firmware), this still isn't working.

Can you guys help clarify some stuff for me? hopefully i can get this to work:

1) I don't really care about ringtones, I want the MP3s to be playable in the media player. Right now I can't play anything except the mp3s that came with the phone. (.dcf files). Does the R2V thing apply only to mp3s playing as ringtones or playing at all?

2) Right now I can't play any mp3s I load unto the phone, I have done the DRM packer and created the .dm version of the file, and bluetoothed it to the phone, it shows up in the proper directory, but it says 'cannot play this file as drm protection key is missing' when you try to play it.

any ideas? unfortunately since I have the japanese version, I'm sure they've set every possible barrier up to stop you from using your own content...

thanks.
quoling
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-12-20 12:51
Hi,

Sorry can't help with any of the problems, but would love to know how/where I can get this firmware from. I know there are shops etc listed but none are near where I am...is there anywhere I can download the firmware?

Pete
xiaoka
V800
PM
Posted: 2004-12-21 07:36
ACK, ok I found out why I can't play anything on my Japanese V8202SE...

BECAUSE... (according to the Sony Ericsson Knowledge base)...

The Japanese version only plays SD (separate distribution) encoded DRM packed mp3s.... (i'm talking play at all, not just use for ringtones, etc).

why? because they f'ing want to shaft you into buying music from them. Sorry, I'm fummin' mad about this!!!
speedster72
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-02 21:47
I am having the same problems making mp3's work on my SE v800. I know this subject has been discussed already and the solution seems to involve encoding the mp3's with the FRM key from SE'website. However, the download from the site is only compatible with PC's, I have a macintosh and therefore cannot use this tool to obtain the DRM key. does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make these mp3's play as ringtones? there is no problem with them playing in the media player, just as ringtones.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you
Nixs
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-04 08:01
Hey guys... I'm new to esato so I'm not quite sure if I'm asking this question at the right place but here goes...

I recently bought a Vodafone branded SE v800 with a 512Mb duostick and I'm having problem with two things... I can't seem to find the mp3's I've stored on the stick on the phone. I can clearly see the stick as a removable disk on my computer, and I can clearly see the files on the stick. But I can't seem to find 'em through the phone. What's up with that? It's driving me insane!

The second problem is concerning mp3 ringtones. I've scouted around forums to find a way around the branding and every forum I've found and the guy at the store told me about the DRM packager found at SE's developersite. BUT... I can't find it.. It's nowhere to find. Can anyone help me with that? Send it to me or something... I reallyreallyreally really want it!

Please help...

/Nick
quoling
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-25 11:14
Hi All,

I know this is an old subject - but I have eventually found someone williing to upgade my firmware - however they say that the only ones they can find are:

R2AA003
R2Y005

and the newest one R2AE033

Will any of these allow the use of MP3's? - I am a bit relunctant to have it done on my phone as the shop is a bit 'dodgy' - but its the only one I can find..

Any advice

Thanks

Quoling
quoling
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-25 11:32
It's ok I have found the answer myself from here:

http://www.esato.com/archive/t.php/t-66330

Can eve use my ipod tunes as well

cheers

Quoling
KAZAK4LIFE
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-25 15:13
Thanx to all of ya, solved the problem of two months searching! Now have R2AE033 and MP3 works great! Respectzzzz

[ This Message was edited by: KAZAK4LIFE on 2005-02-28 00:13 ]
mikebatch
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-03-11 09:56

Hi.

I have firmw. R2AE033
and i use USB handset manager.

My problem is that i cant transfer the .dm file to the phone.
the guide say to the root dir. but what the hell is that, i've tried to transfer the .dm file everywhere on the phone, from the filemanager, and it just says "This file is not allowed to be updated to the handset!"
how can i get the .dm file on to the phone? any suggestions welcome?
CyberVisitor
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-03-20 23:21
@all

Did anyone ever find out the new link for the DRM Packager so I can update the initial post?
iamtheno1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-27 14:46
I am also after the DRM Packager.

Can someone please email it to me ... daniel.johnston@thales-tts.com

or put the link up.

As I can find the link I would appreciate it being emailed to me.

Thanks
Sionster
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-14 14:29
DRM Packager is here:

http://sethxp.com/index-3a.html

From other forums this seems to work on othe SE phones but not on my SE S700 phone (or the k700 from what I've read...this seems to require mp3 files to be in a 'protected' .dcf file.....Can't seem to find a converter for this anywhere...anybody any ideas?..If I make my own music - why can't I use them as a ring tone....me not a happy bunny (
boatboy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-18 15:38
Like speedster I want to use mp3 as ringtones on my vodafone k700i and have a mac. I can send and play files no problem, the use function is disabled. Also how do I know what version of software my phone is running?

Cheers
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi