Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > O2 PAYG free GPRS - works for me on p900!

Previous  123 ... 28 293031  Next
Author O2 PAYG free GPRS - works for me on p900!
zMastaa
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-18 18:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
ok i have finnaly got it working my credit has stayrf the same

BUT is WAP the one that DIALS UP????

well i have connected to GPRS does this mean i have totally free gprs?

with my unlocked t-mobile SDA

OH btw when i used the port 8080 u have to make it HTTP but i then kept gettin errors althouh a few times it worked so i changed it to 9201 and made the type as WAP but withought actually dialing a connection, and it works perfect credit still here but does anyone know how to check how many mins/wap time u have left because i never know this could be takin ma wap minutes

basically i have wap settings on a GPRS connection

Another Edit:: after realising that puttin it to 9201 only allows CERTAIN sites e.g. wap sites like esato mobile forum ive put it back to 8080 type:http and now there are 0 i repeat 0 errors!

now i have free gprs which then means if im right free MMS
PfPSP = Posted from a Sony PSP

[ This Message was edited by: zMastaa on 2005-06-18 17:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: zMastaa on 2005-06-18 18:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: zMastaa on 2005-06-18 18:44 ]
Nokia3650user2005
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-20 02:39
Hi, I have a nokia 3650 phone with 02 genie sim, but for some reason do not get free internet, i have tried the settings you said for free internet, and it ant working 4 me? can any1 help me plz? 4 some reason when i set the port number to 8080, when i exit, it resets it 2 '0'! any help?

[ This Message was edited by: Nokia3650user2005 on 2005-06-20 01:52 ]
ten18
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-20 12:23
Quote:

On 2005-06-18 18:38:17, zMastaa wrote:

now i have free gprs which then means if im right free MMS
PfPSP = Posted from a Sony PSP

[ This Message was edited by: zMastaa on 2005-06-18 17:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: zMastaa on 2005-06-18 18:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: zMastaa on 2005-06-18 18:44 ]

No, your wrong.
You cannot get free MMS with these settings. its been mentioned many times!
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=71025&start=405

[addsig]
Nokia3650user2005
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-21 01:39
any help 4 me plz?
Yaesu
T630
PM
Posted: 2005-07-03 15:08
@ dakesh thanks for this thread mate my mrs now enjoys free gprs thank you on her behalf
Due to cut backs the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be temporarily switched off.
Zzarmkie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-07-05 14:09
Hi There,

I have been an avid reader of these boards for some time, and have finally decided to post my findings. Apoligies for the length of this post, but I want to try to return some of the excellent information that I have obtained here!

I recently purchased four of the new o2 PAYG sims from ebay for the main use of using the o2 GRPS, which I had played with before. I have currently used two of these Sims and have found the following:

Sim1 - This one I topped up with £10 to activate it. With this card all my browsing is totally free, but my POP email is charged (once I have used up my 1Mb allowance)

Sim2 - This one I have never topped up. When I first inserted it, it did not work (I assumed because it had not been activated). I tried it again this morning and it is now working - both with browsing AND POP email. That's right, my POP email is FREE on this seem (it has no credit and never has!)

It appears from my experience that POP mail is charged unless you have no credit, and then it works anyway! Downside - No calltime, SMS, MMS Credit, but I am currently carrying two handsets (1 'phone' , and 1 'Totally Free Portable Web Device'). This sim also works free in my GPRS PCMCIA Card in my Laptop - Card is a Sony GC79.

In both cases the same phone was used (P900) with the settings at the beginning of this thread.

My email setup is as follows:

1. I have set myself up with an o2 email account (xxxx@o2.co.uk) and set my P900 up to point at this account using the settings on o2s website (I use the free gprs account as the 'Internet Account' in the 'Messaging Accounts' settings).

2. On my usual email account, I setup a forwarder so that all my emails are forwarded to my xxxx@o2.co.uk account when they arrive (after the spam filtering). This means that I get all my emails delivered ro my P900.

3. In the 'Email Address' field in the 'Messaging Accounts' setup, I entered my Usual email address (not my xxxx.o2.co.uk one). This means that anything I send from my P900 appears to come from my usual email address and consequently anyone replying will send the reply to my usual address (which will then be forwarded to my P900 also).

The beauty of this email setup is that all my emails are in my usual inbox in the same way they always were, but are copied to my xxx.o2.co.uk one for access by my P900! Also, any email that I delete on my P900 are deleted from my xxx.o2.co.uk account (thus keeping it tidy), but my original email remains unchanged!!

One final thing regarding webmail and cookies - The site www.mail2web.com works fine using the proxied GPRS, is free and will allow you to check any POP3/IMAP etc. email !!

I hope this post helps others as much as you have all helped me with yours - I would be interested if anyone else can confirm my findings.

Zzarmkie.
Nokia3650user2005
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-07-06 01:42
Hi, gd post, but can u help me with my problem, which I have sed above plz?
hazeyjames
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-07-21 12:29
Anyone got this working with a Blue Angel (XDA IIs, SX66, PKA2K etc.)?
I've tried entering the settings, the GPRS connects, but the page doesn't load.
tomcoolj
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-07-22 01:01
I've got a Z800, how do you edit the port number on this phone? [addsig]
lamont
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-08-01 21:22
Hi, can somebody repost the settings? im on o2 pay as you go using a p900 and i cannot get it to work, im still getting charged, please help. thanks
rule_breaker
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-08-02 03:11
I have been using a brand new simcard for over week and it was working perfectly but then i topped up the other new simcard so something happend which is preventing the free acess to gprs..

I have tried 2 more simcards without topping up but it keeps telling me that i need atleast 50p to connect to gprs but before it was working fine..

Any Idea whats going on?
mrgman
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-08-09 09:01
**** plz read the major edit too thnx

hi i have a ngage (original design europe) and for the last day or two have tried to connect my laptop to the internet via gprs on the ngage

so far i have had no luck what so ever reading through this forum topic i see someone has not only connected to gprs this way but has also used msn and firefox through the "free gprs" (i think it was on page 28) but i cant figure out how to do it any help would be more then appreciated well but it this way if someone helps me get free gprs on my laptop thru my ngage then they can point me in the direction of your donate page if you have one ?

so far i have done the following;

installed a blue tooth dongle on the laptop
installed ngage modem options software
installed the specific ngage modem driver (said modem shows up in modem options software)
installed pc suite (ngage edition)

on my nokia i have requested the official nokia settings and recieved two profiles one labbled o2 mms and another called 02 wap gprs both use same settings as displayed on page 1 though no port is listed (as i said some one said they did it for free so it must be able to be changed somewhere??)

i`m at a loss and i hope you can help me sort this out (and i`m seriouse about the donate page though i dont get paid till wednesday week)

if you need to send me any settings or detailed instructions or circuite diagrammes (dear god i hope not) my email addy is Mrgreaper2004@gmail[dot]com replace [dot] with .

thankyou in advance

*edit* after reading thru again i realised it was page 28 not page nine the chap with the ngage sorted his prob hope u guys can sort mine

*MAJOR EDIT*
okey i have been able to connect my laptop up to gprs thru my ngage (for those who are reading this and need to know all i did was;
1 removed all modems from control pannel
2 allowed the computer to add a modem (standard bluetooth modem) instead of the ngage driver ones
3 created a dial up setting using the number *99# and no user name or password)

anyway onto my question i`m using opera 8 and the proxy is set to the details on the first page

also my ngage is set to :
connection name :02 wap gprs
data bearer GPRS
access point name payandgo.o2.co.uk
username payandgo
prompt password yes
password : password
authentication normal
gateway ip 193.113.200.195
homepage http://wap.o2.co.uk
connection security off
session mode permanent

and adv settings are
device ip adress dynamic
primary name server 0.0.0.0
second name server 0.0.0.0
serveraddress 193.113.200.195
port number 8080

if i have read these last 29 pages right that means any page loaded up with opera will be free? and can somebody tell me how to set msn up like this i read somewhere thier is a web page that allows you to msn through it is that how people are doing that??? sorry for the twenty questions but some of this has me confused .... thnx in advance dave

[ This Message was edited by: mrgman on 2005-08-09 14:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mrgman on 2005-08-09 19:53 ]
dekesh
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-08-10 19:15
you cant connect to msn using the free gprs as its only wap grps provided on o2 PAYG. looks like u haven't read the last 29 pages properly.

[ This Message was edited by: dekesh on 2005-08-10 18:15 ]
mrgman
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-08-14 17:13
ok i got charged any idea what i`m doing wrong? (i did access msn through a website but it took 5 minutes either way for messages to be sent and recieved

all my settings are above but all i want to do is surf with my laptop for free on gprs ....ok maybe thats asking a lot but if some one can tell me what i`m doing wrong i would be greatly appreciative

also the sim card i have thats new (ok sitting in the draw for over a month) lets me connect givesd me a text about having at least 50p then stays on gprs but no data is sent or recieved) the same applies if i try it with my normal sim when the credit is out

again any ideas would be gratefully recieved
#
*edit* ok iknow i`m a nokia user not a siemans user and this is a siemans site which may explain the lack of urge to help me but surley the principle is the same?

[ This Message was edited by: mrgman on 2005-08-15 15:21 ]
kman1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-08-17 20:23

[ This Message was edited by: kman1 on 2008-12-25 12:56 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 28 293031  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic