Esato

Forum > Regional > Americas > The State of the Union

Author The State of the Union
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-11-04 22:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
That seems to be the most common approach, as both 3G and Wi-Fi have pros and cons. I'd like to see the two technologies work hand in hand, if that is possible. Bluetooth is another issue that needs to fit in somewhere but maybe Bluetooth will disappear now when Wi-Fi becomes more advanced. I'm sad to say that I don't see any succesful future for BT.

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-06 16:27
@amagab

I don't think Bluetooth will have a long term future, but it is certainly here to stay for the near future.

Wi-Fi is developing ever more quickly here in Europe, with new hotspots appearing all the time. How quickly these can be integrated with 3G remains to be seen. Europe will probably have fully working and developed 3G networks by the end of 2005, which is when I would expect W-Fi to become more of integrated with 3G.

3G does now seem to be catching on in popularity amongst many Europeans; uptake in the UK, for example, has been rising rather sharply over the last few months and this trend will almost certainly increase as more 3G networks become available.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-01-10 22:23 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-10 23:27
Are there any members from the U.S. who use a 3G handset and services? If so, what are your opinions on the handsets and networks?
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic