Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Orange UK users and T68m upgrade

Previous  1234  Next
Author Orange UK users and T68m upgrade
l0necl0ne
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-06-22 08:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
First time I think Orange are Crap!!

I rang up customer services and they said the upgarde can't be done, I asked the polite woman to check with the support team and she said no it definatley can't be done.

I then explained that lots of other people have had it done ie. from this forum and she said if I did get it done it would invalidate my insurance and they would not replace it if it went faulty - she said this was a note on her system about this - too which I said - "So the upgrade can be done but your just no doing it?". Silence!

Well - I have been with Orange for 10 years since they first stared and I must say they seem to be started to go backwards in terms of customer service. Seeing as I got this phone for free anyway because of the amount I and my company spend every month with them I expect a little better....

I am yet waiting to get through to my local SE centre - number always engaged so when I get through I will ask them and let you know the score....

Tee Sixty Eight
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-22 23:54
I bloody knew it!!

I rang Orange the other day. I knew the CPWH were doing them, and I was about to pop along to them so I rang Orange to see what they had to say, out of interest. Orange said, "Funny you should ask, we've just had a big meeting about it - itll be about a MONTH before you can get the special Orange SW update" Bas***ds . . .

The CPWH 'nearly' did it cos I have an early model without an orange badge, but the barcode read as asn orange shopp model, so STILL NO UPDATE for me!!

[ This Message was edited by: Tee Sixty Eight on 2002-06-22 22:57 ]
barkythedog
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 13:51
i got a replacement t68 with the orange logo took it to the CPW in oxford upgraded to R2E006 no problems whatsoever
Woof Woof, Never Underestimate The Power Of The Dog
RyaN
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-24 15:09
yeah i just phoned orange up n they havent got a f**king clue what i was talkin about either. except i phoned SE b4 this and they said i needed to speak to orange to get some sort of authorisation for the upgrade. HELP! i want i want i want ! anymore luck ur end??
RyaN
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-24 15:20
why is it orange r the last bloody mobile network to get anything. i remember it was the last network to have e-mail capabilities, n now they're just being unhelpful b*st*rds!! i agree with w
ot everyone is saying about orange - their customer services r going downhill v.rapidly. thats one of the reasons i went back with orange, n now their prob. the worst for cust. service. does anyone in the south of england have the sofware upgrade to t68i and r on orange aswell??? ps orange must die!!!!!!!!
lingart
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-24 15:34
I use orange but always buy my handsets from Vodafone as orange handsets tend to be old and not as up to date as voda.

customer service is always excellent but handset choice is the problem - thats why you guys have the issues you are having - though T68i is out soon on orange and then maybe you can have the upgrade
RyaN
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-24 15:57
cheers lingart m8 fingers crossed orange bring out the t68i !!]
Tee Sixty Eight
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-25 22:16
Update guys:

I haggled, searched around and my T68 on Orange is in for upgrade at my local Nokia Shop, yea I know its a bit funked up!
RyaN
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-26 18:15
how funny! good ol' nokia hey? did u have to ok the upgrade with orange first tho, or did u just go ahead and do it?
bjambean
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-06-26 18:53
I don't know why everyone is slating orange so badly, I know that some times the customer support team aren't up to scratch on their knowledge of the phones etc. but come on how many of you guys know everything about your company!

The main reason that Orange tend to take much longer in releasing handsets etc. is because of their Orange Care they actually put all the phones and software that they release through much more rigorous tests than any other network and do so to ensure that they aren't going to have to replace 1000's of units, I'm sure some one who works at orange can confirm this for me
Tee Sixty Eight
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-26 20:20
Got it back today, all it well! @ ryanmachin, I jus went ahead - I kinda bargined with the guy by saying that it was a non badge model (quite early), so he said the engineer might not notice

I lost names and data accounts (not SMS's), but the 2 data accounts which are there now are Orange and Orange GPRS, it connects to the GPRS no probs.

I don't know if this is of any significance, but there is no Orange background . . .
Tee Sixty Eight
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-26 22:40
Also quite funny is the look on the nokia shop guys face, i dont think he had seen an ericsson in his life!

This post was posted from a WAP device

elglg
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-06-27 20:02
Ive got a t68m on orange and got it upgaded about 3 weeks ago at CPW in Nottingham.

It is a quite early one with no orange badge on.
They did it without any probs at all, but does this now mean that my
orange insurance is now void????
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2002-06-27 20:16
Like i said, i got it, mines fine...T68i on Orange should hopefully be July just waiting for confirmation from them...the preloaded stuff like Orange background and start up are what makes the software, 'Special Orange Software!' which is why its lost after upgrade...get it done if you can, Orange wont know and need never know! If you tell them any prob will be blamed on the 'wrong' software...Orange case is in theory invalidated but how will they know?!...dont worry...

This post was posted from a WAP device

wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-27 23:21
The T68i should be released on 1st july on Orange (it was supposed to be on the 25th but its been delayed) Orange are the only UK network to support line2 - thats why the phones take longer to release cos the software has to be changed - (like on Nokia's then end 'e' for engineered for orange) when the T68i is released all orange users will have no probs - I work for Orange and have my handset upgraded - were told not to advise customers this as they cant gurantee the software will work ok before its tested properly. MMS IS COMING
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi