Author K700 has made me go back to Nokia
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-09-20 15:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2004-09-20 14:35:59, djordje1yu wrote:
@JN Friendly advice: do not buy 6230, coz screen is so bad and small, that it looks like it has 4000 colours, not 65000! Camera is sooo bad that I wanted to puke when I saw pics made with it...

This message was posted from a K700i

Yup! I've seen those defects for a million times now, after making some deliberations . . . I still would like to go with it, as I am not that of a cam guy, I just would like it's expandable memory card slot, radio and being small (handset) at that! Still contemplating on other Nokia releases like that of the 6630 model !
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-20 15:36
Se have almost every features in its fones, even its not the 'best' for example cam. BUT, the other brands offer only nice features in aparts like samsung cam, nokia edge etc. At the and se is there with the best inventory, followed the tradition of the master...

This message was posted from a T630

kenski
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-20 17:12
I am also getting annoyed by the way the k700i was handled by se. Such a great concept, design and features only to fail in generally these :
-battery life (lucky to last 3 days with normal use)
-sticker falling off issue(I can live with it but its a turnoff )
-bugs even after online update (my friends feature now restarts the fone after login)

I really do hope SE WAKES UP coz the others are fast catching up eg samsung,motorola..HELLO SE!
forever
Read the FAQ before u post a new topic..
8810->6150->3310->t68i->t610->t630->k700i
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-09-20 17:31
Its all about quality control, they were desperate to get a great phone (which it is) out on the market, that they missed a lot of bugs. If they had more time to test it before releasing it, it could have been a gobsmackingly great phone.
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-20 17:41
Indeed, se should test longer, but they wanna follow the trend and launch a fone as soon as possible. It will lead to nowhere, just get the opposite result, less se users, maybe they loose the loyal ones too.

djole89
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-09-20 18:18

I don't know what is with you ppl, my K700 have bugs, but they are very, very rear (they are often same like at other phones),pictures are very, very quality (for my eye they are same as some middle quality PC cam!).You should rename this topic to: K700 haters.
TheRealSpawn
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-20 18:24
Quote:

On 2004-09-20 17:41:38, bobafett wrote:
Indeed, se should test longer, but they wanna follow the trend and launch a fone as soon as possible. It will lead to nowhere, just get the opposite result, less se users, maybe they loose the loyal ones too.

Totally agree that they should test longer and not launch phones to quickly - on the other I dont see SE loosing to many customers because of this - because as you state it is a trend of today - not only by SE but by every manufacturer, so every customer that deside to try siemens or nokia or whatever will only discover the exact same problems from their handsets and eventually come back to SE. The entire Siemens 65 platform also launched full of bugs, poor batterylife etc. etc. - Nokias, Samsungs and motorolas are also launched before all bugs have been routed out. This is the price we pay to get hightech devices quickly in this very competitive world. The customer stand equally poor in this regard no matter which brand they deside to try.

But when it comes down to it - SE still deliver the handsets with the most complete set of feauteres - albeit not every feature may be the best - on an overall level you stil get most features for your money in an SE. I have tried lots of other phones and even if I like them and find this or that single feature to outbest my k700 - I still come back to the k700 because on all others there allways seem to be something missing, or something not working as good or as logical compared to the k700. Sometimes its the screen, sometimes its the interface, sometimes its the freedom of connectivity, sometimes its the themes, sometimes its the mp3 ringtones etc. etc. There allways seem to be some limitation I dont have with my SE phone.

So it takes poor pictures in low light conditions - so what ?
So does the S65 with its 1.3mp camera - it takes terrible pictures in low light conditions.

For me camera is the least important part of the phone - especially while clubbing. I dont need to take hidden pictures of people while clubbing - Im there to have a good time - not to take pictures, and my choise of phone is certainly not based on ability to take pictures while clubbing - but on all other aspects of the phone.
ARTY
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-09-20 18:44
why does everyone get so bitchy? Who is talking about hidden pictures?Im talking about photos of my mates in low level situations which tend to mainly be when were out.

I think you should be a bit subjective. This post was only ever something based on my experience and nothing else. I was just wondering if other people had the same intentions as me/

I wasnt really perpared to be called a K700 hater. Gees grow up kids!!

[ This Message was edited by: ARTY on 2004-09-20 17:55 ]
kenski
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-20 19:10
C'mon guys that's why this is a forum so you can say whatever you want. I still prefer hands down. Just remember if we dont complain/comment on these things there's less chance on improvements by every phone manufacturer in their future models. And yes there's no such thing as a perfect phone and there will never be..Ah my k700i STILL AND ALWAYS BE my preeeecccciiiiooosssss

@arty, it's your choice anyhow. I'm sure after a year or so those phones with digital cams will replace your nokia or whatever you got..

[ This Message was edited by: kenski on 2004-09-20 18:15 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-20 19:27
@ARTY

To answer your question, the K700 has lived up to my expectations of it and it has not, therefore, put me off SE. I think the K700 is a good quality product with good features and, in my opinion, it performs well and gives a good account of itself. There are some problems with the K700, but none that I am overly bothered about apart from the battery life issue.
If you are unhappy with the quality of pictures the K700 produces I would recommend that you either look to another brand, several have already been mentioned, or you purchase an S700; it might be bulkier than the K700, but it will offer you the features you want.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-09-20 19:42
Im sure that will provide the solution eventually, camera phones are still relatively new, there are new ideas and better cameras being designed as we speak. I say give the manufacturers a chance!
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-20 19:44
To be fair, both Japan and South Korea have camera phones available, which give most standard digital cameras a run for their money. Hopefully we sould see this level of technology introduced to Europe and the rest of the world sooner rather than later.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-20 19:56
Se should concentrate to more important features, we discussed batt etc many times and then start to fix the cam problem. Imo.

TheRealSpawn
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-20 20:01
#ARTY

I wasnt hitting on you in any way and I didnt call you an SE hater or anything - I was only expressing my view on the K700.

You shouldent take it personal but expect that others may express their view just like you express yours - otherwise you should refrain from expressing your view from the beginning

The K700 camera are poor in lowlight condition, that is true, and I think its a perfectly valid reason to choose a different phone if taken pictures in low light conditions are a very important feature in a phone for you - Im not arguing against that, I just dont share your priorities in this regard - thats all.

You could try out the Nokia 7610 - in my opinion it has better low light camera than both K700 and Siemens S65.

Of course there will also soon be the S700 which will likely be even better - but this will also be more expensive.

Or perhaps you allready have bought some nokia as the title of your post reads that the k700 has driven you back to nokia ?

vanquish
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-20 21:08
@arty

i fully agree. dont go bk to nokia, but i agree about the k700. a 279.99 retailed priced phone and you get a crap camera.

i think my friends t630 cam sounds better than that! [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic