Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K700 has made me go back to Nokia

Author K700 has made me go back to Nokia
mike_k7
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2004-09-22 09:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
If you take a look at the reviews just after k700 was released,you'll see that 100% of them call k700 a 'winner'.Not one of them is saying anything about the battery problem,and some of them just copyed the SE specifications:300h/7h !
In fact, in the first 2-3 weeks or so after k700 was released , you'll never find something bad about k700 in any of the reviews.
So, how much more I should've waited until buying the phone?
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-22 10:37
U dont have to wait. If u are a fone user for longer time, u know what and why to buy. According the batt time, se give u lab results since years.

This message was posted from a T630

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-22 14:49
@mike_k7

For once I agree with boba on something, manufacturers have quoted optimum battery performances, under laboratory conditions for a number of years now.

I would agree with Vlamm when she questioned the wisdom of spending three times one's salary on a mobile phone.; with the greatest respect, it seems rather odd to spend a relatively large amount of money on something if one does not earn a huge amount.

I waited until I had been able to read reviews and accounts of the K700's shortcomings before deciding to buy. Most mobiles these days have bugs so it is well worth waiting for such reports from early adopters.

@boba

I know you said that mobile services are expensive where you live, but I would like to know what your point is please.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
mike_k7
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2004-09-22 15:06
Do you think I like spending 3 salaries on a phone?!
But this is the only way to have such a device here,in Romania.
For me,Valentiner and others in our situation this phone has a very different value than let's say someone from UK,and of course we expect it to perform according this huge value!(even if k700 is a middle range SE phone)
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-22 15:15
@scotty its just an info to fone prices, thought to share my opinion, think thats important aswell. How do u like the next: a new game on playstation could bd advertised and downloaded, of course in simple format, on se site to fones.

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-22 15:34
@mike_K7

You have made my point for me. The K700 is obviously not priced with customers in Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, etc in mind, it is priced at Western European levels and isn't anywhere near as expensive, in relative terms, for the average Western European. You choose to buy a relatively expensive product and you expect it to be worth the expenditure, that is a reasonable assumption. You might feel cheated, but I don't since I spent a considerably smaller percentage of my income on my K700 than you did, so, for me, it represents value for money.

You should either make sure you know everything about an expensive purchase before you commit to it or you shouldn't make the purchase. With respect, it seems strange to me that someone should spend such a high proportion of their salary on, what is essentialy, a luxury item. Of course you have a right to own nice things, but I would make sure I knew what I was buying if I were spending three times my income on something.

P.S. I would be surprised if anyone enjoyed spending three times their income on a mobile phone and I didn't suggest that you did.

@boba

Such downloads are very likely as technology moves ever on.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-09-22 15:33 ]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-22 16:13
@scotty in hungary the k7 is for free with contract and ca 250 euro with prepaid card.

Valentiner
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-22 16:19
guys, guys ... I put up a list with pro-s and con-s for k700i, or why choose 6600 for example (to give a nokia - CUZ THE TOPIC TITLE IS k700 made me go back to nokia, right?).

I knew very well that k700i didn't have symbian before I got it, but that is a CON for him, compaired with the Nokia 6600 (isn't it?!).

Camera in light is the same for Nokia 6600 and K700i, however (!!!) in the dark, the 6600 is much better (as stated by everyone here!), thus Camera = CON for k700i.

If I were you, I would do better reading before rushing to answer posts ...

Basically, if the 6600 was a little smaller, and had IMPS, it would have killed the k700.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-22 16:38
@Valentiner

The debate has moved on from there, as you can see, we are debating whether the K700 is value for money.

@boba

The K700 might be free on contract in Hungary, but you mentioned how expensive the network charges are; I would presume, therefore, that this would still make owning and using a mobile an expensive prospect.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-22 17:30
@scotty thats the reason i wrote it. We are moving to a good result, but it takes time. How is it in uk? Any special offer if u take k7?

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-22 17:44
@boba

The K700 can be gotten free with contract if one chooses certain tariffs. Running costs aren't too bad on the whole, depending how much one uses one's phone of course.
ARTY
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-09-22 18:15
yeh stop hijacking my post

Only joking. Carry on
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-22 18:21
@scotty thx. Thx @all of u for the conversation.

Valentiner
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-23 01:50
If I were the general manager of Nokia Inc. right now I'd make a smaller, ligher version of 6600 with extra-features like IMPS, larger internal memory (64mb at least) and 1.3 Mp Camera. This kind of phone would distroy any ponential concurrent (SE K700i, SE S700, Motorola E398, Siemens S65, etc.)

But I guess Nokia Inc. is sometimes just too stupid to see the obvious.
blackspot
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-23 07:31
No, Nokia is not stupid. It's all part of an elaborate business plan, just like SE or Motorola or Siemens or Samsung, etc. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
resistance is futile.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic