Posted: 2005-01-14 08:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sp2 sucks with Bluetooth,spent a lot of time to get it to work
steve5424
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-01-14 09:20
Well I just got a BT adaptor for my pc, the belkin one. After installing it checking the drviers shows windows chose to use its own drvier instead of the belkin one this caused me to be able to send stuff to the p900 but not from the p900 to the pc. checking the MS site there is a workaround that they suggest it involves changing the name of the windows BT driver then going back to the driversettings and choosing update driver.

You then need to select the driver from the Cd that cam with your adaptor. once you get that installed it should work fine.

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...ct=windowsxpsp2

I know this like is for motorola but it is still helpful.

http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/XPsp2_and_BT.pdf
W800i
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-01-14 09:23
the microsoft link you posted doesn't seem to work but we have a thread here about this work around if you are interested

Working BlueTooth Windows XP SP2 Fix

and the microsoft link I posted there is this one...

How to remove Bluetooth wireless device support in Windows XP Service Pack 2
Elliot
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 20:57
Hi guys, I've got a Sony Ericsson K700i & a Billionton USB dongle on my PC, & I couldn't get them to connect. I tried the solutions other members have suggested & they didn't work in my case. However, I've found another solution, which I assume would work with other dongles too (make sure your phone & PC are set to "discover other Bluetooth devices, btw):

In Windows XP (I'm using SP2, by the way):

Go to Start - My Computer - (right click) - Manage - Device Manager - Bluetooth Devices

If it says "Generic Bluetooth Radio", right click on this & select "Update Driver". You will probably get a msg saying that the driver you are trying to install is no newer than the one already installed - ignore this & continue installing driver from CD/other source. Once done, right click on the Bluetooth icon in the System Tray & select the option to activate Bluetooth (something like that, the only option available). You should then find it plain sailing from then on.
djkizlive
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 23:16
I find it annoying that people say Windows XP SP2 is cr@p just because they have problems themselves. I've had SP2 installed on my PC for ages, and i can't even begin to say how much better it is than the initial release of Windows XP. Combined with an experience of Windows 98 or Windows ME, it really makes you wake up and see how improved Windows XP really is. We all take for granted how good (or bad as some seem to think) Windows XP is.

I was messing about with a Windows 98 machine not too long ago, and it was struggling to install a USB Mouse. I mean, how pathetic? We can pretty much plug anything in to a Windows XP computer and the device is recognized instantly without needing a driver CD.

As for those of you who are saying XP SP2 is so crap just because something doesn't work with it, then maybe you should have checked compatibility before you purchased it. If it says it's compatible with Windows XP, then it's obviously your incompetence to use a computer and diagnose hardware problems.

I have an XP machine and i've had endless problems myself, but nothing i haven't been able to fix. I love Windows XP, it has it's issues, but if you know what you're doing, it's nothing that can't be worked around. I've never used a Mac so i can't comment on how good/bad they are, but i have used Linux, and that didn't detect/install half of my hardware.

In short, if you're having problems with a Windows XP compatible device, then don't criticise the operating system. It could be a hardware conflict, configuration issue, something you may have overlooked. Have a search on the internet for possible solutions and workarounds, there's always a fix.

If your bluetooth dongle is not working properly with your computer, then take it to a friends house. Try it on another computer to see if it's a problem with your own. If not, and you're sure it's not compatible with windows XP, take it back and get another one that is!

Posted from a happy Windows XP user!

-djkizlive
-I offer a P800/900/910 Repair Service for next to nothing-
-No job too big or small. PM for Details!-
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi