Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > esato members gathering! (Moved from se general)

Author esato members gathering! (Moved from se general)
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 18:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This idea is phenomenal. . I would love to attend that one.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 19:16
what about a big vip lounge for easto members at CEBIT 2005
laffen have a word with SE for sponsering and logistics
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 19:24
Perhaps they will give us free phones too?
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 19:43
I think it's a great idea...however, sorry for posting an ignorant question...where is CEBIT held?

Unfortunately, for the country by country gathering, well, I'd be going pretty much by myself here in Canada lol I'll do it this weekend and send pictures of me having a beer in my room, with ESATO on the cpu, and me playing with my t300 & p800
"Knowing how the game works doesn't make you a player."
Bacanito's Canadian Forum
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-15 21:44
cebit is held every year arround mid march in Hanover Germany.

well same for me. not many SE fans here on esato. belgium has got a big nice forum for all phone fans, and not that many are SE fans, but i'm working on it

i like the idea at cebit very much 2 (lol i thought of it )

but there will be problems like, hotel booking, good luck finding a free hotel for cebit 2005 (most of them are already full!)
then theres a limitation on people that are allowed to come. and then its people that can't come (i think i've got big tests for school dammit!)
and then we have to problem of: hi i brought some friends, and some friends of friends.
ok now i'm gonna shut up, or this wil become a bad idea
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-07-15 22:16
I made a discussion about this when I authored a thread back there - 'What to do with your Millions if you hit the jackpot in a Lottery?' Though hypothetically speaking the odds are a billion to one If the idea will be possible, I suppose that the moderators (locally) will be the ones heading the party/gathering, if so, then @laffen will be forced to add more disciples to his list , members who lives in the African, South American and in the Middle East regions If the plan will push thru, what will be the members be discussing during the course of the event - 'celfones' I am more eager to see the 'faces' of the folks I am conversing here everytime I log-in To see the 'unseen' - some . . .
plasmadog
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-07-15 22:21
Yeah maybe we can have a virtual meet. On yahoo messenger or any instant messenger. Everyone logs in at the same time and have webcams or somethin like that.

This message was posted from a T630

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-07-15 22:32
@plasmadog - Not all members have 'webcams', I included Also, some of our members here navigate the esato site via/thru their celfones Though the idea was . . . nice
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-16 03:39
Quote:

On 2004-07-15 07:53:03, tranquil wrote:
I know the Pinoy-gang has had gatherings a few times.

I would also like to report that not only has the meet-ups been successful, a lot of the guys and gals turned out to be good friends.

Some of us still meet up regularly, usually, to play badminton but also for other reasons -casual dinner (like the one we're having tonight), celebrating special events (couples getting married, couples linking up, drowning broken hearts, etc, etc), or just drink-up and have fun.

But always expect some Gadget talk. Always.

The nearest thing we had for an "international" meet-up was when Laffen and his girlfriend toured the Philippines and we came up with an "EB" (meetup) for them.

(PS
A moderator is not required to spear-head a meet-up. A lot of esatoistas have done it by themselves (Singapore, Peru, etc))

Have fun!
plasmadog
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-07-16 06:30
Hmmm. What about a chain mms or sms? Or maybe an around the world conference call? :-D;-).

This message was posted from a T630

switchbitch
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-16 11:17
IRC. Is there a group called esato? Lets start one. [addsig]
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-16 19:40
hmm a big live chat on MSN with webcams, lol we can make the server crash

seeing the faces of the big ones here would be nice, but still meeting them in person would be so much more fun and personal.
kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-07-16 19:44
a gathering with about 3 people from the USA [addsig]
soichiro
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-07-16 20:41
u r talking bout the great u.s. of a, with a total population of more than 290,000,000* in over 50 states, and u get to meet up with 3 people????

wow! thats some milestone!!

*U.S. Census Bureau
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-16 21:11
HOFO had a big gathering in the us. i think they've arleady had there 2nd one.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi