Previous  123 ... 171819  Next
Author Bacanito's Canadian Forum
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-24 22:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey Anna, thanks for your post.

About the K700, as you can read in this thread, expansys.com will sell you this phone for 669.95 CDN, much cheaper than your singapore and miami websites;) As far as I know, these are unlocked, or they would be much cheaper! I'm also toying with that idea, hopefully it'll stop being a game soon

http://www.expansys.ca/product.asp?code=K700

As far as your sms problem goes, no cell phone operator in the world can/will give you 100% guarantee that your sms will be delivered in another country. So, this is something that you're kinda stuck with, and Fido has nothing to do with it. I'm with Fido and I get texts from Switzerland and the U.S. on a regular basis. Where in Canada do you live? Do you have coverage trouble where you are?

Bacanito's Canadian Forum

[ This Message was edited by: bacanito on 2004-06-24 22:25 ]
westmini
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-06-25 05:35
i just ordered my k700i off of expansys..should be here in 6 working days

@bacanito about the fido city, it doesnt really make a difference to me because i get discounted on my mobile bill seeing as how i already pay rogers alot of money for internet, and cable. so until fido offers cable and internet, im staying with rogers hehe
Anna
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-25 15:10
Hey!

I'm in Toronto. And my main issue with Fido is that their coverage is crap. There's no signal when I'm at home, unless I position my phone in a strange way near *one* window in the house, only then do i get one bar of service if I'm lucky. And at work there's no service either (I'm on the 18th floor of a building)..... Plus, when I was out in BC a few weeks back and I went to Tofino there was only Rogers service... same with when I went to Muskoka.....(basically, whenever there's no Fido service there's always Rogers) I'd have no issues with Fido if only they could fix their service (or perhaps it's just me - maybe i live in some non-serviceable black hole)
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-25 15:11
cool west, let me know how the transaction goes and if you have any problems with the handset. Other than that, what did it come out to including taxes? It may take me some time to get it because there's a huge delay with my tax return lol

@westmini
About Fido, I do believe there was an area where they release high speed wireless internet (iFido) in Ontario, but only in that area...Cumberland I think...anyways, if you get a good deal, thats what counts

[ This Message was edited by: bacanito on 2004-06-25 17:49 ]
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-25 15:24
@ Anna

Yeah, I hear you on the coverage issues..went to T.O. in march for a hockey tournament with work and the whole drive there was nada lol But in Etobicoke, didn't have any problems...If you come to Montreal though, in the city, it's very rare that you'll have coverage problems. I've always wished that some insanely rich investor would come along and fund their network expansion and I do believe that this would place Fido on top as a cell phone provider and Canada. Simply because Bell is total crap aside from their network coverage, no one wants 3 year contracts with Telus, and Rogers is just there...nothing makes them better or worst than the rest...Having worked in this business, I think that Fido's only problem service wise, is the coverage...I know it sounds like I work for Fido, but I don't lol
"Knowing how the game works doesn't make you a player."
westmini
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-06-25 18:05
@ bacanito first about the cost and everything, worked out to be 707 which isnt too bad considering no provider has it yet in canada
secondly about what you said about fido's coverage..another reason i love rogers is there coverage, i regularly take the train to kingston to quebec city and i have coverage all the way. also what really impresses me is when i go out to whislter and on the drive from vancouver to whistler i have full service, even while in the middle of the mountains

bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-25 18:47
Well, there is no doubt that rogers has better coverage, and as much as I like Fido as a provider, if people ask me who they should go with, my first question if where they will be using their cell phone. I still think it's the only reason Fido will never be the top cellular provider in Canada...but you have to admit, for a company with that problem, they could be off worst. I still don't understand why Rogers doesnt do more agreements with SE for better handsets, I'm so sick of seeing ads for Motorola phones!
westmini
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-06-25 19:00
yeah it seems like forever since rogers released a sonyericsson phone that i actually bought (maybe thats cause it is...the t68i haha)
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-25 19:02
curious enough, I just happened to check expansys, and the price has gone down to 654.45$ for the k700...And I thought it would only be available as of july 6th?

[ This Message was edited by: bacanito on 2004-06-25 18:08 ]
westmini
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-06-28 01:01
yep thats what it was when i bought it..but then you slapped with 60 dollars of shipping n tax..or one of them..im not really sure wasnt paying to much attention just very happy to finally be getting it
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-29 22:25
and now back up to 663.45$, anyone know how they work out their price and why it varies like that?

http://www.expansys.ca/product.asp?code=K700

westmini
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-06-30 02:26
and also went from being 13 days wait..too 3 days wait..back up to 13..and then a few hrs later 12 hahah im getting tired of waiting :S
towson80
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-30 05:05
canadian here too i think ill wait for a 850mhz version of the K700... which should be coming along by xmas. ha! in the meantime anyone have any used SE phones for sale? T616, T226? Z600?

pm me.
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 15:20
hey towson80,

welcome to Esato...

what part of Canada do you live in to need the 850Mhz? Anyways, sorry, don't have one of those models to sell, I use a P800 and have a spare T300, both unlocked...

What do you currently use?

@ west

I guess you gotta catch 'em on a good day lol

[ This Message was edited by: bacanito on 2004-06-30 14:30 ]
towson80
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-30 15:52
i am in sudbury at the moment. but lived in kingston, oakville, australia for the past 5 years. i was using an old nokia cdma which worked fine. a buddy of mine was using a 900/1900 moto/nok? and he had a hell of a time, even in oakville, using it so he picked a 850/1900 band and says the reception is much better. perhaps he was just being a complainer?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic