kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-06-28 04:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2004-06-28 01:22:17, scotsboyuk wrote:
@Vanquish

I don't agree with your reasoning that the more posts someone has made the more experience they have. It is possible to have a high post count in a short space of time and gain very little experience. As you will no doubt have seen, many of the posts on Esato consist of one word replies or just general chit chat with no direct correlation to mobile phones or related technology. A high post count says nothing about what a user posts or how informative it is e.g. a certain Esatonian, whom we shall not name, has a high post count but would not be considered informative, by most other Esatonians.

YOU don't have to name him, but I certainly will!

I mean, its so obvious who you're alluding to...

Of course, its @laffen! [addsig]
red5hark
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-06-28 05:38
Not something i would get worked up about really, got a low post count but hopefully my posts are informative and i go out of my way to help out if i can. I dont post crap or one word answers or flippant remarks (little white lie there) if i can help it but hey if its a numbers game then good luck to whoever wins the grand prize whatever that may be, im sure there is some reconition in being a TOP poster, but 80% of this forum is just PAP, the other 20% is great info especially for the newbs of us who use the latest phones like the p900 of which i am a proud owner. Get it together peeps, forget the numbers just give good feedback when its asked for by someone who needs your timely wisdom, and at the other times keep the flaming, abuse and bullshit to a minimum.

RED.
Learn the Rules...So you know how to Break them properly.
marlonxp
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-29 20:44
Quality will always be better than quantity. the post count does not make much sense but it does not boyher me niether i think i can live with it and i think i can live without it.
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-29 21:36
I think if we scrap the post count, there will be less messages, because some peeps just want to bump it up.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
switchbitch
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 11:08
Quote:

On 2004-06-29 21:36:24, Residentevil wrote:
I think if we scrap the post count, there will be less messages, because some peeps just want to bump it up.

Then maybe we will incite some intelligent discussions instead of having to constantly wade through a sea of tosh with towering waves of frivolity. [addsig]
bico
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 11:29
I agree with Residentevil and switchbitch.

The best thing to do is to get rid of the post count, once and for all. That will most certainly reduce the number of more or less irrelevant and unnecessary posts.

The only possible replacement, if any, would be some kind of ranking/voteing functionality, but that has been discussed before. And it has unfortunately been rejected by the vast majority of the concerned Esato members... .
switchbitch
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 11:37
We are all equal. But some are more equal than others... Kimcheeboi and jojo are horses, i am a rat and scotsboy is most definately a pig. [addsig]
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 11:58
I still disagree.
switchbitch
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 12:29
I sparklingly disagree. Its a bit more exciting than still disagreeing. [addsig]
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 12:35
People post pap, because there already is pap. If there was no pap, would people still post pap? and because they are allowed to post pap in certain forums, what's stopping them from posting pap elsewhere? Maybe it's not the post count that is making people post pap, maybe it's the fact that in certain pap forums, they can post pap and the pap is just spreading out of the pap forum, into the more constuctive forums.
I suggest a withdrawal of the ability to post pap in the garbage threads area.
switchbitch
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 12:44
So we need some sort of pap moderator... a veritable pap cop as it were? Well might i suggest, since this is not being enforced by the moderators, that we become vigilante pap fighters under the ELF military wing, and enforce a 'NO-PAP ZONE' where pap is met with a tough, uncompromising headwall of anti-pap resistance. I am happy to uptake the role of ELF PAP COP and hereby swear to honourably serve the anti-pap legion with dignity and intrepidity. [addsig]
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 12:52
And seeing as everyone is obsessed with pap avatars these days, i believe the pap cop should have a pap avatar.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 12:58
Hear hear!
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 13:00

*watch me reading the last few posts: ..... pap..... pap ......... pap .................. pap pap pap ..... pap .... pap! ..... pap .... pap...

[bla bla bla bla]

pap... pap.... pap .... pap ...... PAP!!

wtf is pap to begin with?

Stop papping post please!
switchbitch
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-30 13:02
I shall PM laffen and insist i am granted a pap cop avatar. Its only fair. [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic