Esato

Forum > General discussions > Garbage threads > Scrap the Post Count

Author Scrap the Post Count
switchbitch
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-24 19:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@bahba im selling 10 p900s at a really low price, western union only are you interested? you can trust me because i have lots of posts.
bico
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-24 20:02
One single quality post with lots of relevant and useful information is definitley worth a lot more than hundreds of "Welcome to Esato" greetings and equal.

I really don't mind some friendliness, not at all, but as there are quite a few new members joining the Esato community each day, it's obviously quite easy to considerably increase ones post count each day, just by posting some greetings. Personally I think it goes without saying that everyone is welcome, right? At least until they prove otherwise... . Thus, a high post count might mean close to nothing...

And by the way, if the post count isn't important, why doesn't posts in the Mobile phone free zone and the Garbage threads forums count?
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-24 21:28
I hope I am on the LIST.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-24 21:50
@scotsboyuk -

@residentevil & @scotsboyuk - Well, to be honest, I really admire most of the old-timers here (but they only come in handful), and those 'limited-edition-members' are pretty much qualified at that! Two of the guys/kids I truly am surprised to know their ages basing it on how they make replies (hence) are @jim and @universal Exports (Macaulay Culkin(?)/Home Alone Kiddo-look alike) ! 2 are mods and 2 are from Russia Of course, all of us have their lists as well, though it's not approriate and fair to exchange notes - right !

[ This Message was edited by: jojo51069 on 2004-06-25 20:59 ]
bahbahsupercar
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-06-25 14:58
Quote:

On 2004-06-24 19:55:00, switchbitch wrote:
@bahba im selling 10 p900s at a really low price, western union only are you interested? you can trust me because i have lots of posts.

a ha ha ha ha, ha..... , ha..... ahem.

Go to your room
vanquish
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-26 23:07
i am sorry scotsboyuk but i totally do not agree. i see that people get all heated up about posts (which i have before for a laff - check my sig ) - but lets face it - mixin, vlammetje, masseur, cytech, axxxr they all give good info and all have the most posts!

what we are talking about is not the quality of the posts but the more you have the more experience you have, the more you find out. i haven't a clue about how a mobile phone works but i have been on esato and posted a lot and have learned over the past year, which has helped me decide on upgrades and help other people. yes, you may get quality posts from a number of low posters, but both count. don't we read all posts anyway? i accept points and a lot of facts from every esatoian no matter who they are and how many posts they have. i may disagree, but i do find that the more you have posted the more you can help out. but there are those few that come in with an extensive array of knowledge which really boosts esato. the saviours out of the blue i would call them!

vanquish [addsig]
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-27 00:26
Well, I guess you are sayin'. There is no reason to change anything with the current system. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-27 00:28
@vanquish - Out of the 2 members, 2 moderators and 1 news editor that you mentioned, I discount '1' of those which I think is not 'fully' capable of of making a 'substantial' post/reply in any forums/thread by any standard ! The rest are OK, though the one heats up as well when provoked in a 'joking(ly)' manner Names witheld for security purposes . . . Tah(liban) !

[ This Message was edited by: jojo51069 on 2004-06-27 00:17 ]
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-27 01:04
Written provocations are something to be always wary of, because they are written.

This message was posted from a Z600

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-27 01:10
Replies made in posts in a Jokingly Manner should 'AT TIMES' be taken 'LIGHTLY' as well Not everything in life should be taken 'SERIOUS' as it might just lead to early extinction . . .
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-27 14:31
the thing is of course, that what 1 person writes in ajokingly manner, is not necessarily read in a joking ly manner by the next peson. that's waht I mean. Text has no humour. it's just text and although i am very much in favour of jokes, I dare say soem caution as ton what wording and subject are used is in order.
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-06-27 14:33
yeah it depends on how the person interprets the text...
Trusted Trader: 50Cent (+6, -0)
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-27 20:29
YUP! And I concur 100% . . . Moreover, as a result of posting some of those, and after having read by a number of people here (more than hundreds) why is it that only two and only two of our co-members (out of the humongous populace) always reacts 'negatively' with it Could it be that thay are applying the 'selective-response-tactics ' Or was it simply because, they lack the so-called 'sense-of-humor' The other memeber has been dormant for quite sometime now, and only one remains - active ! But that's life we all just have to take + or - criticisms that comes our way . . . .
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-28 01:22
@jojo

Who are the two members?

@Vanquish

I don't agree with your reasoning that the more posts someone has made the more experience they have. It is possible to have a high post count in a short space of time and gain very little experience. As you will no doubt have seen, many of the posts on Esato consist of one word replies or just general chit chat with no direct correlation to mobile phones or related technology. A high post count says nothing about what a user posts or how informative it is e.g. a certain Esatonian, whom we shall not name, has a high post count but would not be considered informative, by most other Esatonians.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-28 01:27
@scotsboyuk - As said, names witheld for security reasons Hint: Just try to read between the lines/thread mate, just try to read between the lines . . . . .
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic