Esato

Forum > General discussions > Garbage threads > Gelfen's special place where people talk to him

Previous  123 45 ... 293031  Next
Author Gelfen's special place where people talk to him
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-15 01:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yes, being a student psychiatric nurse doesn't exactly earn much!! Having a second part time job makes me sound like I'm 16 - it's perhaps slightly worrying that I'm 26!!

I should have my P8 back on Wednesday. Hopefully!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-06-15 01:27
i carried on my part-time job for the first 18 months of full-time work.
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-06-16 01:05
morning!

it's bloody cold this morning (around 8 degrees), going for a wet top of 14.

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-16 01:11
Gud am @gelfen! It's already 7:10 am/June 16th my place/ Manila ! So how's the wedding preparation going? Did you already filed/apply for a divorce, oooops, I mean marriage contract in your neighboring church ?
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-06-16 01:19
actually the church will be across the other side of the city. we have visited with the vicar twice. nowadays they do "pre-wedding counselling" to help newlyweds deal with unresolved or unforseen issues in an attempt to lower the divorce rate. for us this consisted of us doing a 128 multi-choice question test, all of which presented statements to which you would either "strongly disagree, disagree, undecided, agree, strongly agree". our next meeting in a couple of weeks will be to discuss how well we align or otherwise on the issues raised. the questions relate to spousal roles in the home, discipline, money issues, faith/religion/spirituality, children and other domestic matters.

around 10% of couples don't go ahead as a result of the counselling. however, i don't see it being a problem for us as we had pretty much discussed everything that came up on the test, and what we hadn't we already knew was something we would have to deal with. after 6.5 years i would hope so anyway.

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-16 01:45
Morning! Kind of... It's a quarter to one in the morning here in Blighty. I always know it's way past my bedtime when you log in!

Despite it being quite hot the last few days, I have a COLD! grrrr.

Pre-wedding councilling - that's a new one on me!! I wonder if my and my girfriend.... fiance now, as we're engaged, )must get used to saying that! ) would need any? Again, I think we've talked most things through as well.
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-06-16 01:53
i've only heard of it in australia, but i'm sure it must be done elsewhere under different names and guises. most of the churches here require it, and most civil celebrants strongly recommend it. i think it's primarily aimed at those who want to get married after only 6-12 months and don't really know each other.

shithappens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-06-16 08:02
over here we haf wat they term as pre-marriage counselling....and believe me, it does help the young couple and it sets them thinking on the right path.....however, the experience of the counselor is equally important as well.....both me better half and i went thru it....its tedious but well worth the effort......if a couple can bring themselves to open up and truthfully discuss issues, expectations, problems etc in the presence of another trusted individual (counselor), u'll be surprised at the positive effect is has on the relationship......just my 2 cents....
True Bravery is arriving home late after a boys' nite out, wife waiting with the broom & u ask: "Are u still cleaning or are u flying somewhere"
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-06-16 08:26
i can certainly see the potential benefits, and i think it's a good idea. comparing notes afterwards it seemed we agreed on most things, and what we didn't were issues we have already discussed with each other. however, there were a handful of things we'd never thought about.

ilia
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-06-16 08:47
hey, this place is really special! truly the one of the most impressive threads over esato.
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-06-16 09:19
for some reason my piss-antenna is raised.......

shithappens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-06-16 09:25
True Bravery is arriving home late after a boys' nite out, wife waiting with the broom & u ask: "Are u still cleaning or are u flying somewhere"
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-16 17:08
@gelfen - Good Luck!
@sammy_boy - I guess those only applies to couples who are already getting married . . . are you?
@ilia - Looks like we had a 'new' lady member here! Welcome ! Can you post some pics . .. . Thanks!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-06-16 17:16
@jojo: will be getting married in the future, going to sort out a house together first, well, once I've qualified!

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-06-16 20:23
@sammy_boy - Well, OK! I guess you are already of age in doing it . . . I mean - getting married! Good Luck as well mate . . .
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 293031  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic