Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Everything regarding SE T230,T290i and cable connection here!

Author Everything regarding SE T230,T290i and cable connection here!
phuchqv
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-03-21 15:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I bought a serial cable ( label T610 on it). How can I use this cable to connect T230 phone? I have already use some sofware like mobile master, FMA. They can regconize my T230 and see my phonebook and sended, received SMS also, but I can't upload anything to my T230. May I have to change anything on the cable?

[ This Message was edited by: phuchqv on 2005-03-21 14:31 ]
phatell41
T226
PM
Posted: 2005-03-22 22:15
Hey, I can make calls using fma... but i still have the same problem of not being able to send to the phone. Also, does anyone know how to fix mobile phone monitor so that it recognizes my t226, i've tried almost anything, i'm desperate for help.. I have a t226, and a dcu-11 usb data cable, thanks.
santiber
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-03-23 17:48
Hi !

I've got a DCU-11 cable and a SE T230

Obviously, I want to connect my phone to my PC to upload images and ringtones, and to edit the phonebook...

When I try to install the cable, I plug it in the USB port, and wait for the wizard to come... follow the normal steps, point to the location where I've got cable drivers (from SE website, prolific drivers, and others) and click to finish the installation...

in win98 and winME, it sets up one item under USB devices that reads DCU-11 Data Cable, and then opens a second window to install another device, and asks for drivers... I point to the same location as before, and begins to install... and suddenly, windows blue screen comes out.... error.... press ESC and windows comes back, and in device manager I can see a device marked with a red x or a yellow exclamation mark that says something like "USB to Serial adapter"... and this device won't work...windows cannot start this device...bla bla bla....

in Windows XP or 2003, it says "no suitable drivers could be found" or something like that, and doesn't install

so, I can't install the cable ... I've tried this in several PCs, and as you can read, in different versions of windows

I also tried to install it on a brand new windows installation, with nothing on, and got the same results

please, if anyone can help me, I would appreciate it very much...

if my english is somehow wrong, please forgive me, I'm not a natural english speaking person... but I did my homeworks though

thanks a lot !!!
N-er-G
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-24 00:08
Cool, 6 months ago I whould've been happy to see this topic. I was searching hours on the internet in those days, wanting to connect my t230. Oh well...
Nice work.

[ This Message was edited by: N-er-G on 2005-03-23 23:12 ]
phatell41
T226
PM
Posted: 2005-03-27 07:42
Has anyone found a way to make the sony software able to recognize the phone?! mobile phone monitor will not recognize my phone, and i have tried everything that i have found to make it work and i've still had no luck! plz!
antocsm
T230
PM
Posted: 2005-04-08 09:53
Hello All, I am from Bangalore. I use an Airtel connection i am on the GPRS@99 plan. Can i use the phone as a modem to acess the internet thru PC.

If it can be done please let me know the settings/software needed.

Or please point me in the right direction.

Thank you.
ESTOR
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-08 23:26
Quote:

On 2005-03-22 22:15:52, phatell41 wrote:
Hey, I can make calls using fma... but i still have the same problem of not being able to send to the phone.

User Christerssen's "Sendfile" program to send contacts and pcitures TO your T2xx. I do that all the time. You'll also need mobile phone monitor and enable the appropriate com port.

@santiber : Either your driver CD is bad, or the cable is bad. Try download the driver directly, or exchange the whole thing at the store.

[ This Message was edited by: ESTOR on 2005-04-08 22:38 ]
thornjm
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-27 09:24
i have at230 and dcu-11 cable i got fma and it works but when itry to send stuff to my phone it says OBEX is already in use any ideas how to fix
blackwizard505
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-29 00:13
i need help. i'm trying to connect my t230 with pc for months with a t69 serial cable. i tried everything mentioned on this forum, and nothing happened. maybe it's because of win 98. can anyone help me, PLEASE!
naresh
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-07 19:40
Hi Estor,

I really appreciate what you are doing. I have a quesion for you. I have a sony ericsson T226. All your solutions for T230 are working for mine. I actually want to add new events from fma into my phone. I keep forgetting things very often so I want to use my phone as a reminder. You know how I can send events from the calendar in fma to my phone?

Thanks

Naresh.
naresh
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-14 00:18
naresh
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-14 00:22
Hi Phatel1,

I have the same T226 and DCU-11 cable. I am able to send photos to my phone. In the fma you need to uncheck the "Disable obex option" and check the "Disable IRMC Sync option" and start fma again. I mean you should NOT Disable OBEX but you should Disable IRMC Sync. After that you can send photos from computer to your phone but cannot send from phone to computer. Try it out

Naresh.
NickAllen
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-17 17:40
I have a K700i. I wanted to upgrade the firmware, so I bought a DCU-11 cable. Now I know I should have bought a DSS-25! Anyway, I downloaded FMA to play with, and this works fine with the IrDA connection, but plugging in the DCU-11 to the K700i causes the K700i to die. Nothing. Even disconnecting the cable doesn't bring the phone back to life. I have to remove the battery momentarily, the switch it on again. Any ideas?

btw, I use the K700i as a modem via bluetooth for my Ipaq H2210, if this is of any help/inspiration to anyone.

btw2, I bought my K700i from Vodafone and Vodafone unlocked it for me there and then. I was off to Spain and I wanted to get a local (Spanish) SIM whilst I was there. I didn't get a SIM in the end, so I don't know how unlocked it really is.
ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-05 00:19
Quote:

On 2005-03-23 17:48:57, santiber wrote:
Hi !

I've got a DCU-11 cable and a SE T230

Obviously, I want to connect my phone to my PC to upload images and ringtones, and to edit the phonebook...

When I try to install the cable, I plug it in the USB port, and wait for the wizard to come... follow the normal steps, point to the location where I've got cable drivers (from SE website, prolific drivers, and others) and click to finish the installation...

in win98 and winME, it sets up one item under USB devices that reads DCU-11 Data Cable, and then opens a second window to install another device, and asks for drivers... I point to the same location as before, and begins to install... and suddenly, windows blue screen comes out.... error.... press ESC and windows comes back, and in device manager I can see a device marked with a red x or a yellow exclamation mark that says something like "USB to Serial adapter"... and this device won't work...windows cannot start this device...bla bla bla....

in Windows XP or 2003, it says "no suitable drivers could be found" or something like that, and doesn't install

so, I can't install the cable ... I've tried this in several PCs, and as you can read, in different versions of windows

I also tried to install it on a brand new windows installation, with nothing on, and got the same results

please, if anyone can help me, I would appreciate it very much...

if my english is somehow wrong, please forgive me, I'm not a natural english speaking person... but I did my homeworks though

thanks a lot !!!

Don't you have the cd that is bundled with the cable?
I don't know why it doesn't install your drivers---
Seek peace...
ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-05 00:23
Quote:

On 2005-05-07 19:40:35, naresh wrote:
Hi Estor,

I really appreciate what you are doing. I have a quesion for you. I have a sony ericsson T226. All your solutions for T230 are working for mine. I actually want to add new events from fma into my phone. I keep forgetting things very often so I want to use my phone as a reminder. You know how I can send events from the calendar in fma to my phone?

Thanks

Naresh.

You cannot, only bookmarks can be sent from PC (FMA)
Oh yeah, if you didn't notice, it is my tutorial (Don't mind that ESTOR )
Seek peace...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic