Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Everything regarding SE T230,T290i and cable connection here!

Author Everything regarding SE T230,T290i and cable connection here!
d_verheijen
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-12 12:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
First of all, thank god for this forum and especially ingenus! I would never have been able to connect my T230 without it.

A remark on the topic of being able to connect via FMA and synchronize data, but not being able to upload. I had the same problem, untill I realised that FMA's default upload directory is filled with .WAV files. The T230 doesn't allow them to be uploaded, and it took me an hour to realise that I have to select files of any of the types mentioned in the first posts of this topic. Selecting any of those made everything work perfect. Be aware, and don't loose a (frustrating) hour like I did!

Secondly, is there a way to connect to WAP through the data cable? I mean, not use your phone to establish an internet connection for your PC but the other way around, enable browsing WAP sites via your phone by using the internet connection of your PC?
ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-13 09:59
Quote:

Secondly, is there a way to connect to WAP through the data cable? I mean, not use your phone to establish an internet connection for your PC but the other way around, enable browsing WAP sites via your phone by using the internet connection of your PC?

I believe this is not possible but it is a great idea indeed
Seek peace...
Liviu
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-26 21:16
Help!!!

I crashed my mind and my patience trying to sincronize my T 230 with my Outlook contacts. I tryed to use XTND Conect PC wich I found it on www.extendedsystems.com/go/ericsson. It doesn't work.

If somebody could give me a sugestion, please...
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2004-09-26 21:44
i never knew you can do that....
marlonxp
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-26 21:44
@d_verheijen you can coonect to the internet and download opera then use it for a wao browser it is what iuse to browse wao sites some times and download stuff.
wap.marlonhall.com
ESTOR
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-27 17:07
Quote:

On 2004-09-26 21:16:07, Liviu wrote:

I crashed my mind and my patience trying to sincronize my T 230 with my Outlook contacts. I tryed to use XTND Conect PC wich I found it on http://www.extendedsystems.com/go/ericsson. It doesn't work.

It's not possible. T230 does not support it.
AP
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-18 21:59
Hi All!

Thanks for such detail information on phone to PC conection I've conected my T200 to PC with USB cable to Mobile Agent. Conection is OK but any synchronization can't be done. Trying to download SMS sometines FMA tells that my inbox is to full (over 95 %), sometimes nothing hapened ( Trying synhronize contacts all proces stops after 9.4 Kb is downloaded. And after that program hangs up I can turn it off only from task manager. Also SMS can't be send from FMA.

Maybe anybody had such problems and will help me. Thanks in advance

Regards,
AP
ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-10-19 09:56
Hm, I wouldn't know, why those problems occur, since i havent tried to connect T200 with fma. But i think, that with T200 you can set higher baud rate (but i'm not sure).
satcho
T230
PM
Posted: 2004-10-22 00:02
hey, just got a serial data cable today for my T237 today.

i tried the recommended settings in FMA, and the different things suggested in this thread, but it always says "connection failed".

does the serial cable require different settings?
also, what should my setting be in the windows COM port settings.

[ This Message was edited by: satcho on 2004-10-22 04:32 ]
kannanvenkatesh
T230
PM
Posted: 2004-10-23 17:40
Hi,
I want to buy the USB data cable for my T230.

Before that i want to know whether i'm having wap or gprs connection. My service provider says that this is gprs but i want to make sure (These says whatever they want to). I'm new to computers and mobiles (i don't know anything either).

Iam able to download games (mophun games) 59 kb file within 20 or 30 seconds using that connection to my t230 phone. I can view html files also (small html files) not just wap sites using this connection. Can somebody tell me whether i'm having wap or gprs because i want to use the t230 phone as PC modem (will save lot of phone bills). Thanks in advance. .

Sorry for my poor english (if anything is wrong forgive me). I hope u guys understood.

venkatesh K
ESTOR
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-10-26 00:47
@satcho : I have serial cable and it works fine with a T237. Make sure you are using the right COM port(1 or 2 or...), and that it is enabled (i.e. you see the COM port under device manager)

@kannanvenkatesh : you have both GPRS and WAP . However, some mobile phone providers may allow FULL GPRS access only if you have an expensive data plan. i.e. if you want to connect your PC to the phone to surf internet, you will pay extra. GPRS is charged by amount of data transferred and does not use air time.

If you want to use you phone as a modem (similar to a PC modem) and dial up your ISP, you need Dial-up Data (CSD), which may not be supported by your mobile provider.

kannanvenkatesh
T230
PM
Posted: 2004-10-30 01:26
I checked it with service provider. I just have wap over gprs not the FULL gprs. I've to pay more for the full version. Anyway i'm going to buy one usb data cable for transferring games.thanks for ur reply.

This message was posted from a T230

kannanvenkatesh
T230
PM
Posted: 2004-10-30 17:54
I visited cell shop to buy a data cable. I saw a cable marked T610. I want to know whether this will work on T230 before i purchase it. Please reply me immediately guys.thanks in advance. :-)

ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-03 17:51
Quote:

On 2004-10-30 17:54:29, kannanvenkatesh wrote:
I visited cell shop to buy a data cable. I saw a cable marked T610. I want to know whether this will work on T230 before i purchase it. Please reply me immediately guys.thanks in advance.

Could be, since DCU-11 can be used for T610 too.
enxox
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-11-04 11:23
hi all,
I'm using fma to connect my t230 (thanks to all for the tips!!!)

but do you know if fma have a way to delete the games on my phone? I've uploaded a game and now I want to delete it....
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic