Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Everything regarding SE T230,T290i and cable connection here!

Author Everything regarding SE T230,T290i and cable connection here!
niklin
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-05 23:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I finally managed to upload to my T290i with FMA, via the DCU-11 cable!

Thanks ever so much for everyone here contributing to the answer I needed. To anyone still having trouble, I can confirm the settings giving above: baudrate 9600, RTS Enabled, DTR Enabled, OBEX not disabled (do NOT choose Disable OBEX), IRMC Sync disabled.

If it still does not work (it did not for me), do NOT forget to restart the phone and restart FMA!

Note that you can use anything you have as an MP3-file as a call signal on your T290, if you convert it to AMR-format first using AMRconverter:
http://www.miksoft.net/mobileAMRconverter.htm
You can then upload it with FMA.
xyz1s1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-16 11:15
i have a sony T230
i like to upload wallpaper and theme from my computer to my mobile sonyT230
how can i do this
can u help me ?
am in need of it pls replay me
or u can mail me at xyz1s1@hotmail.com its mt e mail id
mail me pls
take care
vinu_vinu
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-25 07:50
Hi all,
I had got a SE T290i phone. And i bought one DCU-11 usb cable also. The CD contains some utiliies and drivers. It's having drivers for T230, but not for T290i. So first i just tried with T230 Driver. But it's not useful. Not working properly. Then i went to the SE site and Downloaded a driver. Then as they said I unzipped it and from do the Add harware and pinted the location to the location of the inf file. But it's showing that the driver information is not correct and i am unable to install. I am using windows XP pro machine.
My questions are:
1)Where can i get the correcr driver for T290i
2)Whether i hav to download the softwares specific for T290i
ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-12-28 15:08
Quote:

On 2005-10-16 11:15:38, xyz1s1 wrote:
i have a sony T230
i like to upload wallpaper and theme from my computer to my mobile sonyT230
how can i do this
can u help me ?
am in need of it pls replay me
or u can mail me at xyz1s1@hotmail.com its mt e mail id
mail me pls
take care

Maybe you should read first few posts, since they are all about that...
Seek peace...
ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-12-28 15:11
To vinu_vinu: the SE driver for T290 that is on their page works, since I am using it...
Seek peace...
chefo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-03-25 22:32
Could someone tell me is there any circuitry between phone connector and usb connector of DCU-11 cable? Or there is only wires? I'm trying to connect my T290 to PC with self made cable. I need also the pins of phone connector which corresponds to usb pins.
DJole85
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-04-12 13:41
Hi 2 all fo you...

I recently got Sony Ericsson T230, and I have a Data cable (not USB). The sign "ERI-T28" is written on it, I suppose it`s made for Ericsson T28 phone, but it fits onto my phone perfectly

I have a software for connecting mobile phone with computer - Sony Ericsson Image Editor, but when I connect my phone, open the program, and select T230, it says "No T230 series found". I enabled and reserved the port COM1, but it didn`t help...

Do I need other software? Or this cable cannot be used with this phone at all?
Patryk
R600
PM
Posted: 2006-05-04 16:47
I'm currently using T230 and some cheap serial cable to connect PC to internet over GPRS. I don't use any modem driver: just followed guide
GSD_R600_GPRS_Dial_Up_Connection.pdf from www.sonyericsson.com. I needed some settings from my operator (Plus, Poland), but it was just user name/password (both 'internet') and dial number (*99***3#) if I remember well. Salute to these using 9600 baud for their patience (especially using internet connection) - I'm using max speed for serial cable (115,2kbaud), but phone seem to support up to 460,4kbaud (some USB cables should easily use it). All magic sits behind AT command: AT+IPR. Before playing with phone you just need to run HyperTerminal on serial port (COMx) the phone is connected to, configured for 9600baud, and to type "AT+IPR=115200" plus enter (make sure that no application is using that port, otherwise HyperTerminal will refuse to connect). From now on you can use 115,2kbaud settings in all applications, at least until you turn off the phone or it gets reset somehow (you should repeat IPR command then). I will look for a way to do this automatically, possibly using the script described in GSD_R600_GPRS_Dial_Up_Connection.pdf.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic