Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Tips and tricks > No Annoying Network Name Anymore :)

12  Next
Author No Annoying Network Name Anymore :)
Timalah
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 04:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey All, I've read through a fair few posts on here and a lot seemed to be asking if there is a way to remove the network name at the top of the screen, the answer to which is no. However I have created a theme which effectively hides it - a technique which was alluded to in one or two posts I read.

I just thought i'd post it here and if the idea inspires ppl, great, if not then you can still enjoy looking at the pretty theme (provided the pic i took 6 trys to upload works!) =)

Ok first thing i wish to make 100% clear is that I am by no means taking total credit for this theme - it was originally made by a guy called rush2611 and i downloaded this theme from a site (which I am not allowed to post apparently =) ).

I simply photoshoped the images a bit, added a little bit of customisation, changed some colours etc. Hopefully below will be an image of the theme. Let me know what you think...

[ This Message was edited by: Timalah on 2004-05-03 03:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Timalah on 2004-05-03 03:44 ]
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 05:04
Give us the dl address :-)

This message was posted from a T300

Timalah
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 05:09
Hey there... can't seem to post any web addresses in posts.. besides that, if you're after the version above, i've only got it on my comp - the one i dl'd is quite different and doesnt hide the network logo etc.

Send me an email if you want it and i'll reply with it as an attachment =).

If anyone else wants it, feel free to email but i'm going to bed seeing as its 4am now so will do it in the morning.

NB. I also have a version without 'Timalah' on the top and the original version too if anyone wants...

[ This Message was edited by: Timalah on 2004-05-03 04:11 ]
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 05:41
you can post a hyperlink. go to this page for instructions.

just don't link to the site if it contains anything illegal.

[ This Message was edited by: gelfen on 2004-05-03 04:43 ]
Timalah
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 05:58
Cheers man - can you tell i'm new here

Well I originally downloaded this theme from a site.net/preview.php?id=7938 - I almost posted my version under the Themes area of Esato but didn't as it mostly isn't my work and wouldnt want to claim credit in their name.

Ok now 5am.... really.. i'm going to bed this time...

Edit: This is rediculous... everytime i try to post a link it replaces the name of the website with 'a site' even after doing the bbcode stuff and as I can't seem to read about why... simply replace 'a site' with 'm y t 6 1 0' but without the spaces obviously. This website is apparently taboo?...

[ This Message was edited by: Timalah on 2004-05-03 05:02 ]
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 06:18
yes it is - it used to contain free mophun games and a few other illegalities, which have since been removed but the auto-filter here still has it in place. and technically, it is also a competitor with esato.

there are a few other sites which also fall into that category, mainly due to illegal content.
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 06:42
Is the theme also for 310 etc?

This message was posted from a T300

Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 14:41
Just out of interest did i say to change the colours to hide it because someone asked that and i said that. im not trying to take the credit im just wondering.

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<
Timalah
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 16:57
haha to be honest i'm not sure... i thgt of it and than checked around to see if anyone had done it... i found a few people that had suggested it or close but after the suggestion was made, it didn't seem like anyone really "did" it.

Does anyone know exactly how close you can get the name and outline colours to be?

I have yet to upload this to my phone but hopefully will do in a couple days time - the theme creator seemed to think it was valid and i uploaded it to esato and it passed its verification (but then I canceled the post for the reason i posted before).

There must be a threshold at which the phone deduces the outline and name of operator are too similar so if anyone knows this point, rather than laborious trial and error, please let me know.
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-05-04 14:30
Quote:

On 2004-05-03 06:18:47, gelfen wrote:
there are a few other sites which also fall into that category, mainly due to illegal content.

That is incorrect.

It's soley at the discretion of the administrator to ban sites and there is no such thing as a standard reason but illegal content most definitely is not the case all that often

however it seems convenient enough to let that misconception previal
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-05-05 03:14
why the rolling eyes?

regardless, the answer i gave was based on my experience having read where occassionally reasons were given, or where other members surmised the reasons based on their own experience of the site in question (and also the alacrity with which illegal content links and ads are dealt with). i suspect that links to sites with inappropriate rather than strictly illegal content would also be blocked.

and no, i have not personally attempted to post links to banned sites.
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-05-05 10:13
the rolling eyes because there has been plentiful discussion on the reason of banning sites and the reason you named was not given by the administrator as the main reason for banning...... hence I must assume you repeat rumours and much like I said...... it gives 'banned sites' a bad reputation that need not always be correct... sort of an unfair disadvantage. Another rolling eyes for that one.
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-05-05 10:20
"...there has been plentiful discussion..."

can you please point me in the direction of said discussion (since i have apparently not seen it)

"...hence I must assume you repeat rumours..."

not true - only surmises and theories.
**you know what they say about "assume"**

Check this out - it's a cracker!

[ This Message was edited by: gelfen on 2004-05-05 09:22 ]
EastCoastStar
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-05-18 14:25
When using Theme Creator Pro, It is easy to hide the provider name. Just match up the colors, and its not that hard. In a couple of weeks, when i get the internet back up at home, I will be posing a couple of themes, and a few of those are where the provider name is gone. If someone wants me to make them a particular theme, let me know what, and all the info, and ill see what i can do. Or i could just teach you.
Its good to be back!
lamebot
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-05-18 17:45
So what do you do exactly? Which colors do you match?
wapmarks.net - WAP links and personal phone startpage
wap.wapmarks.net - phone access
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi