Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Other bad news from Iraq.

123 ... 91011  Next
Author Other bad news from Iraq.
boto43
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-12 21:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey ppl,have u heard it yet. Three Czechs journalist were kidnapped in Iraq. Why? Is the war against the journalists ? We should condemn this act and ask us military commanders to change them for their presidant.

This message was posted from a T610

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-13 03:00
Yes, this hostage-taking is a worrying new trend in Iraq. They've just released a British civilian (whose first question was apparently 'how have West Ham United got on?!'), but of course those Czech journalists have now been kidnapped, Just heard that 11 Russians have also been taken, and we still don't know what's happened to those three Japanese people.

I think that all the civilians and journalists over in Iraq are seen as soft targets for these extremists, as they don't have weapons and can't be guarded 24/7.
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-04-13 03:48
it seems a pretty dumb move given that a fair percentage of the worlds media is actually AGAINST the Iraq occupation.
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-13 09:27
Well... from perspective of the extremist Iraqi fighters... EVERY foreigner in their country is an opportunist trying to make money in some way or other of the Iraqi situation... thus fair game.

Must say it is fully beyond me why anybody would wanna go over there given the current situation (which is not new btw but has been ever since dubya decalred the war 'over') it's just that with the growing number of civilians the number of kidnaps is rising too.

Of course these extremists probably are not ingenieurs themselves and may have no other education than how to hold a weapon and fire it. they fully ignore the fact that they won't be able to build up their country from scratch all by themselves
Pitta Baainens
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2004-04-13 09:39
Why don't they kidnap Bush? He's Satan in goddamn person!

This message was posted from a T68i

boto43
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-13 10:10
Yes Pitta,we should change him for all kidnapped ppl. That would be a justice.

soulframe
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-13 10:30
Very well said pitta. While we're at it, lets chuck that GENOCIDAL MANIAC Ariel Sharon in at the frontline as well.

Saka
Satio Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-13 11:36
Wow, I see some very positive attitude here.
That surprise me from europeans who until recently just used to lick USA's butt.

Good thinking, Pitta and Baainens.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-13 11:50
Anything new about the japanese hostages? And the others? Missed the news.

This message was posted from a R520

Dj Boyi
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-13 15:30
Yep,4 Italians have been kidnapped now
If nobody wants it.. put it on eBay.
Dj Boyi
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-13 16:54
Ok,the latest is 40 hostages from 12 different countries,there will be NO negotiations whatsoever. I feel for them cus most are contract workers apart from 2 of them being US soldiers,and ppl call the allies animals!
I have Sky News on a lot and all i ever see is Breaking News from Iraq,one just came up as im writing this post saying a large explosion in the south of Baghdad.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-13 17:12
where would it lead to? who will take the responsibility for all these kidnappings? ...
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-13 18:06
I've heard the Russian hostages and a few others have been released now, and apparently some of the moslem clerics have been urging people to release the hostages, so hopefully some of the other hostages will be released soon. I've also heard that some groups in Iraq are now jumping on the bandwagon simply to further their own goals - quite possibly financial....

I have to admit I find it quite worrying the power that some of these clerics/priests have over people - and I'm not just talking about Islam here! Anyway, going off topic a bit, sorry!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-13 20:45
What do u expect from people in a country occupied by foreign forces?.These iraqis were first persecuted under saddam for 30 years and now the americans are having there way over them!..How much more must must these ppl suffer?..These ppl r fighting a war and trying to rid themselves of occupiers who only have interest in there Oil..With no weapons and little to defend themselves with, they obviously get into desperate situatuions and kidnapping is a weapon which they unfortunately use!>Lets get some facts straight here:over 400 iraqis dies in the last 2 weeks in Faluja..and i think 30 allied troops died..But in the media there is never any preference given to the majority who died here.Seems like Iraiq blood is cheap.The americans are creating more long term problems for themselves if they are thinking they fighting a war on terror. [addsig]
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-04-13 21:00
Europeans where kissing american's but? Wtf? Here me now, i'm totally against the actual american administration (and israeli too by the way) but in no way i'm gonna support those intolerant and fanatic bastards that blow themselves and the other around, kidnapp and threat to cut innocents heads, bash women, etc, in name of a religion that in fact condemns their acts - f... them! Freedom fighter my a..!

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic