Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > New fw p900: Organiser version: R4B03

Author New fw p900: Organiser version: R4B03
purge
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-04-05 09:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2004-04-04 14:48:35, markobb wrote:
and shit(sorry for that) but i do an restore now and i se theme the same,programs the same BUT no melodys and no contacts,why is that?

if i do snynhronise when i do it, i only get chech box for a contact nothing else..

what i must chech or something that when i do backup the program,contact,theme,melody,and melodys for sms,ring or something will be the same like before? please help

AND the latest my clock is not bigger how come?

[ This Message was edited by: markobb on 2004-04-04 19:21 ]

Why do all your posts start with "and shit(sorry for that)"? Cant you stop yourself?

[ This Message was edited by: purge on 2004-04-05 08:06 ]
markobb
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-05 12:38
i do an restore now and i se theme the same,programs the same BUT no melodys and no contacts,why is that?

if i do snynhronise when i do it, i only get chech box for a contact nothing else..

what i must chech or something that when i do backup the program,contact,theme,melody,and melodys for sms,ring or something will be the same like before? please help

AND the latest my clock is not bigger how come?
GalaCtiCa
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-04-05 13:08
@markobb

i have the same problem, it happened yesterday... no contacts, call history gone and some problems with themes and ring tones.

problem is that his didnt happen after i installed the new firmware update, just 2-3 days ago !

dd2010
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-04-05 13:08
anybody here managed to upgrade the new firmware using windows xp (without SP1)? i did manage to do it 2-3months ago but when i tried again no luck...
mm9
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-05 19:58
Has anyone tried to contact network or sony to ask about upgrading of unbranded p900s????? How to do it? Are they going to let us to do it???
tx

[ This Message was edited by: mm9 on 2004-04-05 19:34 ]
dean
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-04-07 16:48
Hey there people!

Reading all these posts I can see that a lot of questions reappear constantly - let's do something for it, I mean, come on, it's not that hard to do an update of your P900. Most people would not follow the instructions on the SE website and then wonder why the procedure didn't work for them.

I did 3 or 4 updates to my P900 and never had problems with it. My CDA is 162003/5, I paid for sim-free, non-branded, brand new P900 and it brought me no problems. I'm using the most stable windows system (imho): win2000pro/sp4 with more than 50 processes curently running in background, tho i keep only ONE IExplorer open, while updating.

1) Be sure that your battery is fully charged, or at least over 70%. SE Updater (at least in version 1.15) checks for that.

2) Be sure that you don't run any download accelerators (as Getright...), as if you do, they may intercept the download of the updater itself (i.e. seus_setup115.exe) and then you won't pass throu the first "Please wait..." screen.

3) You should definetely have Java installed, because the whole process (as the installer itself) uses java programs and modules.

4) Should any error occur, go and find this file:

C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\log\mySEUSlog.log
(the path would be this if you kept the default values during install)

There you will find all the steps that the updater software managed to complete. There you will see that updater v1.15 checks:

[cut]
13.22.49:281 2 Info Received 3 (by) homeflash.msconnector.gb
13.23.06:531 3 Info Device IMEI number: 351965008****** (by) homeflash.id
13.23.08:328 4 Info Battery: +CBC: 0,88 (by) homeflash.id
13.23.34:000 5 Info Battery: +CBC: 0,74 (by) homeflash.id
13.23.34:562 6 Info Turn Off: (by) homeflash.id
13.23.37:828 7 Info Rev: R4A06 (by) homeflash.ud
13.23.37:828 8 Info CDA: CDA162003/5 (by) homeflash.ud
13.23.39:953 9 Info ScriptVersion = R4B03 (by) homeflash.id
13.23.39:953 10 Info DeviceVersion = R4A06 (by) homeflash.id
13.23.45:140 11 Info Battery level ok (by) homeflash.ud
[cut]

5) Check for the latest PC Suite, download it, install it, REBOOT, do a FULL backup

6) After the backup is complete, simply select the name of the last backup (the one you just did) and click RESTORE - just to be sure that all went fine and that the program recognizes the format (I had this happened once - I did backup and immediately afterwards when trying to restore, the program said something like "Not a valid format"). Don't restore - just wait to see if the Restore window with two checkboxes will appear - if it does without errors - cancel it and close the software.

7) While the SE Update is doing the DOWNLOAD, be sure to let the internet band clear, i.e. don't download anything, don't go to internet pages - just SIMPLY WAIT for the process to finish. Last time the updater said "less than one minute 95% done" and I waited more than 15 mins for it to complete. So just be patient - IT WORKS.

After finishing the update, follow the directions from SE's website - if you want to do a restore - you'd better REALLY WAIT 4-5 minutes after the phone starts. If the guys at SE decided to warn us about "running background processes in P900 after the update" and that we "should wait at least 5 minutes" then I think we should trust that - it will cost you just 5 minutes. If you don't wait, you may lose another hour trying to find out, why your data doesn't restore correctly or why this or why that...

Well, guys.. As I said it always worked for me. I hope it will work in future, too - flawless for all of us!

Dean

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-04-07 16:53
very nicely done! thanks!
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-07 17:09
I never had any real problems with the update. When things didn't go just right at times I was able to diagnose the problem accurately. My problems came from me not really following directions. However, I am at least capable of resolving issues really well so I take chances. I think I must have done the update on 3 separate computers since the initial release.

Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T
neutrino
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-08 10:22
bigfeat.. why do u have a SE label & symbol at the bottom of ur screen? can u tell me how to do that? is that themes or what?
TIA
dean
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-04-08 23:41
I was silently hoping that there will be something new in some of the latest updates. I am not sure if I got it in R4B but it is something I'm glad to use (again):

Go to Phone/Edit/Preferences/Accepted Callers and you will find more options like Contacts and Speed Dial.

I'm not sure if it appreared now or before, but either ways I am happy to have this opition after 4 years (the last time I used Sharp as gsm (handset).

Dean
bujang
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-09 08:19
Hi there, I'm new here and hav been going thru the posts. I'm one of those who hav the same upgrade problems that displayed "your device is not permitted to use this service..." syndrome! Does anyone hav the true solution for this? I really really apreciate if anyone hav any idea to help. Btw, I've tried 2nd option- same reply... the 3rd option(recovery mode)- "no communication with server.. " or something.. I'm running out of ideas. Please help, anything.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-04-09 08:44
I spoke at length to SE UK customer support about this yesterday and their conclusion was that the phone was faulty and it should be taken to a service centre for firmware update. ha!

a thread on my-symbian seems to suggest that they have implemented some sort of IMEI check to determine which operator sold the phone and hence if it was originally branded. Indeed if I review the update log on mine the last message in there before it ends is my IMEI number
bujang
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-09 09:18
Thanks alot for the details masseur, at least I hav a chance.
dd2010
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-04-16 10:40
so is it confirmed that the phone which was locked to certain network and then unlocked cannot use the SE online update service??
peregrinum
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-04-16 11:55
*No*.

The problem is with phones that have been "unbranded" - that is, they came with operator-specific firmware (Vodafone, O2, etc.) and have since had that software replaced with one of Sony Ericsson's "generic" versions. Many have done this using the "unbranding" tool that someone made, or it may have been done "legitimately" by taking the phone to a service centre and having it reflashed. The online update procedure is now aparently able to detect when the phone is not running its original CDA and aborts.

This has nothing to do with whether the phone is locked to a specific network.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic