Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Gprs on a palm device

Author Gprs on a palm device
paulcapewell
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-13 19:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm wanting to access gprs on my Palm m515 via the infrared on my t68i. I'm on o2 prepay in the uk. I use *99# as suggested and it gets as far as establishing after connecting, but then disconnects saying it has the wrong APN number. Now, it is in my phone alright as i can sure the wap on it. But where do i enter this on my palm? Thanks!

This message was posted from a T68i

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-03-13 19:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
unfortunately, unless you have a wap program on your palm you will not be about to use your wap data account for internet browsing or email) from the palm. Instead, you will need an internet data account which is something different from wap.

I don't know much about O2 so have a look at this thread from earlier which has settings but also greggy mentioned that you can't do mobile internet on prepay O2, but I also recall a couple of others saying you can (phil.n in this thread for example), so I dunno.

if you determine that you can and setup another data account then your dialling string will change to *99***n# where n is the CID of that new data account. with the current dialling string you are using "*99#" this is the same as *99***1# (i.e. your first data account)

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2004-03-13 18:48 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi