Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > o2 gprs sep800

Author o2 gprs sep800
glasgow.uk
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-31 23:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
im on o2 and i use pop3 email via gprs, works fine as did my gprs connection up until 4days ago,now i cannot load pages with gprs, i can only get pop3. I called o2 several times re my gprs,this is what i was told on each call. 1. Gprs isnt available on o2 prepay. 2. Gprs isnt available in my area(glasgow). 3.My settings are wrong. 4. Network problem that the engineers cannot fix. 5. Your sim card is faulty. 6. Your sim card needs cleaned. 7.Do you know how to connect?. 8. Just use dial-up wap. Despite all these lame excuses i was finally told this....... "The SE P800 hasnt been accredited on o2 yet, so there may be a complication with the software and gprs even though my settings are correct" O2 WLL NOT HELP YOU WITH THIS MODEL UNTIL IT HAS BEEN ACCREDITED ON THE NETWORK...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. i still dont have a gprs connection anyone got any ideas?
phil.n
T630
PM
Posted: 2003-04-01 00:13
I am getting so tied of hearing poeple say that O2 have told them that GPRS isn't available on PAYG/prepay. They are such a bunch of inept f**kers (excuse my french).

I would have a go at downloading the WAP APN again. you could also ask them to check/re activate (guessing now) your gprs, just dont tell them which phone you have.

Good luck with it all,

Phil.
jalu
W550 red
PM
Posted: 2003-04-01 03:12
Chill out and PM me some time.

Jalu - PAYG o2 employee, here to help.

[ This Message was edited by: jalu on 2003-04-01 02:12 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi